Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs

+3
polecat
othershoe1030
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

He obviously is planning to make sure we are as weak as a nation as possible before he leaves office. It so obvious this is what he is doing in every area.

He is dismantling this country from within. That is exactly what a infiltrator would do.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/03/24/Obama-Seeking-to-Abolish-Tomahawk-Hellfire-Missile-Programs

I'd like the pentagon cut big time... theres nearly a million civilian contractors employed there. It's mind boggling.

The constitution only called for a protective ready force when not at war. We need to pull back to our real interests.

Yep and everytime we have cut back to the bone we get caught with our pants down around our ankles and have to pay in American blood.

Pffft... draw back and find an efficient ready size and reserve. Best of the best... get smart and streamlined. Man the borders.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:I'd like the pentagon cut big time... theres nearly a million civilian contractors employed there. It's mind boggling.

The constitution only called for a protective ready force when not at war. We need to pull back to our real interests.

I love that idea. 

Unfortunately, the MIC has become such a big part of our economy that it's literally intractable. 

PkrBum wrote:Pffft... draw back and find an efficient ready size and reserve. Best of the best... get smart and streamlined. Man the borders.

In this day and age, it definitely will not work. Throughout history it has failed this nation to sit back and be isolationist. Oh, for the short term it pays dividends, but not in the long term.

Tired of hearing how much we spend on defense compared to other nations when the nations we are and will be competing against geopolitically still have people living in huts without running water and electricity in some places.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Would someone please explain to me how to insert an image? I use the insert image icon, put in the URL and get a tiny blue square with a "?" in it. Not exactly what I had in mind!!

Last edited by othershoe1030 on 3/25/2014, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pffft... draw back and find an efficient ready size and reserve. Best of the best... get smart and streamlined. Man the borders.

In this day and age, it definitely will not work. Throughout history it has failed this nation to sit back and be isolationist. Oh, for the short term it pays dividends, but not in the long term.

Tired of hearing how much we spend on defense compared to other nations when the nations we are and will be competing against geopolitically still have people living in huts without running water and electricity in some places.

Technology is the key... get busy. That's probably extremely expensive and training intensive. Cuts can be reasonable.

polecat

polecat

Dot wrote:He obviously is planning to make sure we are as weak as a nation as possible before he leaves office. It so obvious this is what he is doing in every area.

He is dismantling this country from within. That is exactly what a infiltrator would do.

Is that true or did you read it on breitbart?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs Roll_e13

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs US_Defense_Spending_vs_World

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The contraction of the U.S. military is irreversible due to fiscal reasons. There may be fits over this in the halls of Congress, but contraction is inevitable, no matter which party holds the White House.

Just like all other fiscal aspects of the government will contract, the Pentagon is going to get shaved.

It may take a total government default for this to happen, but it will happen.

othershoe1030 wrote:why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs US_Defense_Spending_vs_World

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Should a Christian pledge allegiance to a country and sing anthems (hymns) to it..is that not making your country an idol, a god that you will worship and die for ?...better review who you worship if you call yourself Christian. This country is a fleeting thing and certainly not worthy of any worship.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You can't make any significant cuts in the military budget without throwing the country into recession.
All you have to do is look at one congressional district to understand that.  Any significant cuts in our own district and the local economy will go to hell.
The military industrial complex itself is the real "infiltrator". It's become like a parasite. If you kill the parasite you kill the host.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:You can't make any significant cuts in the military budget without throwing the country into recession.
All you have to do is look at one congressional district to understand that.  Any significant cuts in our own district and the local economy will go to hell.
The military industrial complex itself is the real "infiltrator".  It's become like a parasite.  If you kill the parasite you kill the host.

You sum it up pretty well, we have sold out to the beast. Now the beast makes the law..It was heading that way long ago but Kennedy being murdered sealed the deal...a military coup. Ask who you may not speak badly of andn that is the one that rules your country.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Would someone please explain to me how to insert an image?  I use the insert image icon, put in the URL and get a tiny blue square with a "?" in it. Not exactly what I had in mind!!

Are the URL's you're inserting an image file?  .jpg and others will work, such as:  

https://2img.net/h/i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/Markle_photos/Obamaopposedtoincreaseofdebt.jpg

why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs Obamaopposedtoincreaseofdebt

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs US_Defense_Spending_vs_World

You don't actually believe that do you? Yeah, you and the other Progressives take it at face value.

First, do you really believe that the China and Russia are honest about any figures they may make public? Are you aware that Cosco, the second largest shipping company in the world does not fall under the category of defense in China but is totally under the control of the Red Army. All their rockets fall under research.

As for dollars spent, how much do they pay per hour or week for slave labor?

Did you know...or care that Communist China controls the ports at both ends of the greatly enlarged Panama Canal?

This isn't about the budget.

Its about how he has managed to remove hundreds of top leaders from service and how he is attempting to remove a staple of being able to defend our self.

Like it or not, this is a violent world. Look around for Gods sake. Go ahead and announce we are disarming ourselves, because that is effectively what we are doing. And we are announcing it to the world.

Don't worry. Because if they do decide to come here to fight, they will make sure they have all the facts from their leader Obama that he has now officially removed all of our weapons.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"Tired of hearing how much we spend on defense compared to other nations when the nations we are and will be competing against geopolitically still have people living in huts without running water and electricity in some places."

The statement above makes absolutely no sense at all. Analyze it and you will see....

If we will mostly be fighting against low-tech opponents, we don't need a giant military to fight them....

Then again, 1K+ years ago, low-tech Goths defeated high-tech Romans... But the Romans had overextended themselves like we have....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

There are places in this country with people living basically in huts on dirt roads with no water or electricity too. No telling how terrific our infrastructure would be if we could spend some of that military budget on high speed rail, up to date Internet, a modern power grid and renewable energy generation.

No wonder other countries are better off than we are in many of these areas because they don't have to put their hard earned tax dollars into their own military industrial complex; they have us to call on. I guess somewhere along the way the PTB decided this was the way they wanted the country to go so here we are. Our military industrial complex is a very glorified jobs program. It does a lot to redistribute the wealth.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Would someone please explain to me how to insert an image?  I use the insert image icon, put in the URL and get a tiny blue square with a "?" in it. Not exactly what I had in mind!!

Are the URL's you're inserting an image file?  .jpg and others will work, such as:  

https://2img.net/h/i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/Markle_photos/Obamaopposedtoincreaseofdebt.jpg

why is obama making us weak. getting rid of our best military leaders and canceling our most staple missile programs Obamaopposedtoincreaseofdebt

Yes, thank you Markle, that was exactly the problem. FT helped me figure it out.

You guys have gone off the cliff with your fixation on the budget. This isn't even a significant portion of the budget. This us right up there with taking bullets away from the military to save money it's that rediculius

I don't understand why y'all can't see that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum