Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare leaves man in Las Vegas with 407k doctor bill

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/obamacare-leaves-las-vegas-man-owing-407000-doctor-bills

Waiting for the liberals to say its a glitch....

Yawn...it wasn't Obamacare. It's Xerox's fault.

The hospital bills are hitting Larry Basich’s mailbox.

That would be OK if Basich had health insurance. But he doesn’t.

Thing is, he should be covered. Basich, 62, bought a plan through the state’s Nevada Health Link insurance exchange in the fall. He’s been paying monthly premiums since November.

Yet the Las Vegan is stranded in a no-man’s-land where no carrier claims him, and his tab is mounting: Basich owes $407,000 for care received in January and February, when his policy was supposed to be in effect. Instead, he’s covered only for March and beyond.

Basich has begged for weeks for help from the exchange and its contractor, Xerox. But Basich’s insurance broker said Xerox seems more interested in lawyering up and covering its hide than in working out Basich’s problems. Nor is Basich the only client facing plan-selection errors through the exchange, she added.

oh really, its not the exchanges fault because its the people who the exchange hired to do a job. LOL what a joke. Try that crap out here in the real world and see where it gets you.

You're a joke and everybody knows it.

Dreamsglore wrote:You're a joke and everybody knows it.

I TAKE IT YOU DONT WANT TO ADDRESS THE FACT THAT THE EXCHANGE hired XEROX TO DO A JOB.

And that's like if Sacred Heart had a cleaning crew tripped someone in the hall and sacred going, don't sue us, sue the cleaning guy he did it LOL

You are Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rolling Eyes 

dumpcare

The Nevada exchange and UHC are at fault, he needs to contact the representative of his district office, whoops that would be Harry Reid. Anyway on Dec 31st, unless he had other coverage, no one is paying for his heart attack before the Jan 1 effective date. The bypass yes. Paying premiums since November, well he paid is Jan 1 premium probably in November but did not pay his Feb premium until Jan. While I agree their is a big problem here and someone has to take responsibility, I think the article and fox news need to get their stories correct.

I am surprised no one posted the link for the man (pastor) that was diagnosed with cancer in Jan that is having a problem. There are all sorts of holes in that story.

If Obamacare didn't exist, none of this would have had to happen and that is the salient point that you supporters of this TRIPE don't get.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If Obamacare didn't exist, none of this would have had to happen and that is the salient point that you supporters of this TRIPE don't get.

Dang you musta quit drinking the fluoride water you are actually making a good solid point here.

ppaca wrote:The Nevada exchange and UHC are at fault, he needs to contact the representative of his district office, whoops that would be Harry Reid. Anyway on Dec 31st, unless he had other coverage, no one is paying for his heart attack before the Jan 1 effective date. The bypass yes. Paying premiums since November, well he paid is Jan 1 premium probably in November but did not pay his Feb premium until Jan. While I agree their is a big problem here and someone has to take responsibility, I think the article and fox news need to get their stories correct.

I am surprised no one posted the link for the man (pastor) that was diagnosed with cancer in Jan that is having a problem. There are all sorts of holes in that story.

Thank you for your honesty.

Yes, its the exchanges fault. and the exchange is part of what we call obamacare.

I fully expect to see a bunch of this. because there were so many people who thought they had coverage at the beginning of the year and did not. You know some probably had problems with the system like this man and some probably are not the brightest bulb on the tree and just thought because they made a account and picked a plan they had ins. yep, im sure you can attest, people did that.

ppaca wrote:The Nevada exchange and UHC are at fault, he needs to contact the representative of his district office, whoops that would be Harry Reid. Anyway on Dec 31st, unless he had other coverage, no one is paying for his heart attack before the Jan 1 effective date. The bypass yes. Paying premiums since November, well he paid is Jan 1 premium probably in November but did not pay his Feb premium until Jan. While I agree their is a big problem here and someone has to take responsibility, I think the article and fox news need to get their stories correct.

That's wrong, PPACA. If Xerox messed it up they are responsible. UHC is not responsible at all. He never enrolled w/ them. I don't receive my billing from the exchange. I get it from BC/BS.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I think the article and fox news need to get their stories correct.

Your analogy sounds very logical, but you can see how this story sucked wingnuts in like a vortex. You can always count on Fox News to agitate the wingnut base.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think the article and fox news need to get their stories correct.

Your analogy sounds very logical, but you can see how this story sucked wingnuts in like a vortex. You can always count on Fox News to agitate the wingnut base.

I think the man is pretty agitated himself. but what y'all need to do at this point is change the subject as usual.

And something I've noticed lately is that the topics and attacks are starting pretty much right away these days.

You cant defend this president any longer so just go straight to Alinsky type attacks.

And of course we are going to point out the failures of this law, we hate it as does most people at this point. You guys are in the minority on this issue. even many of your own have jumped ship.

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:If Obamacare didn't exist, none of this would have had to happen and that is the salient point that you supporters of this TRIPE don't get.

You're right and the guy would still have had the bills, he was uninsured before.

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:

That's wrong, PPACA. If Xerox messed it up they are responsible. UHC is not responsible at all. He never enrolled w/ them. I don't receive my billing from the exchange. I get it from BC/BS.

Xerox, UHC, Exchange it doesn't matter their systems didn't work.

It does matter when it comes to $407,000.

dumpcare

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/obamacare-leaves-las-vegas-man-owing-407000-doctor-bills

Read the link real careful a couple of times, it is ultimately the exchange.

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:It does matter when it comes to $407,000.

How much of that amount is from his original heart attack Dec 31, before coverage began?

dumpcare

Anyway Diane Black (R) Tenn must be changing party's since she is now in favor of the MLR.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/201064-gop-rep-challenges-hhs-over-obamacare-rule

ppaca wrote:http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/obamacare-leaves-las-vegas-man-owing-407000-doctor-bills

I don't read it like that. It's xerox that messed it up.

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/obamacare-leaves-las-vegas-man-owing-407000-doctor-bills

I don't read it like that. It's xerox that messed it up.

Well you obviously have a reading comprehension problem LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum