Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe THE QUITTER Scarborough says he is open to POTUS run....

+2
Floridatexan
knothead
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/joe-scarborough-msnbc-2016/2014/03/14/id/559663/?promo_code=125BD-1&utm_source=125BDTelegraph_Media_Group&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Too bad Joe, you're a talking head at best and nobody is interested in a left leaning RINO.

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/joe-scarborough-msnbc-2016/2014/03/14/id/559663/?promo_code=125BD-1&utm_source=125BDTelegraph_Media_Group&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Too bad Joe, you're a talking head at best and nobody is interested in a left leaning RINO.

Not being closely aligned to Joe Scarborough's world and/or political views I do admire his frankness and willingness to speak up and speak out on topics that political ideologues are not permitted to do for fear of alienating their respective bases. To support that view PD, you need only read your own words and note the sarcasm and vitriol as you could not resist calling him the ubiquitous term of a RINO . . . . this inability to speak out by the GOP's cast of characters has become a ball and chain around the ankle of some who are both smart and visionary but they will never break out because of those chains that bind them. Joe makes you and your fellow ideologues very uncomfortable and I get that and I understand the reasoning . . .
And yes I am a regular viewer of the show and do enjoy the dialogue but Joe just cannot keep his mouth shut . . . people like him evidently.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014303090009

Politics should end at the water’s edge.

There. I’ve said it. I suppose I should now expect to have hot tar and chicken feathers thrown over my 6-foot 4-inch frame and be ridden out of town on a rail since I utter this sentiment when a Democrat is in charge of America’s armed forces.

But unfortunately for partisans in both parties, we only have one commander in chief.

Though memories are short in Washington, D.C., liberals should try to remember how disrespectful some were to George W. Bush over eight years. Democratic presidential candidates and Senate leaders declared hot wars all but lost during self-serving press events. Democratic leaders on the Senate floor compared U.S. troops to Nazis. And Harry Reid waited for President Bush to hit Russian soil during a critical summit with Vladimir Putin before calling him a liar and loser.

So perhaps Barack Obama’s defenders this week should act a little less self-righteous in defense of the president against GOP attacks.

Still, that doesn’t make it right for Sen. John McCain to call America’s president “feckless” during a red-hot crisis involving a brutal former KGB agent now running Russia. Nor should Sen. Lindsey Graham tweet out attacks blaming the commander in chief’s actions on Benghazi for Putin’s invasion of Crimea. That nakedly political tweet has little basis in fact.

I could write a dozen columns highlighting President Obama’s foreign policy failures, from Libya to Syria and Afghanistan to Venezuela. But I am old-fashioned enough to believe that harshly criticizing the American president during dangerous international crises with the likes of Saddam Hussein or Vladimir Putin only provides our enemies comfort. As former secretary of defense Robert Gates told the Washington Post earlier this week, “It seems to me that trying to speak with one voice – one American voice – has become a quaint thing of the past. I regret that enormously.”

Arthur Vandenberg relentlessly attacked Franklin Roosevelt’s liberal domestic policies during the 1930s. But when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941, FDR’s fierce GOP critic became his close ally in the fight to win World War II. After the Cold War began in 1947, Vandenberg helped Harry Truman fight against Soviet policies abroad while the GOP senator fought against Truman’s domestic policies at home.

By 1948, his stated belief that “politics stops at the water’s edge” moved other Republicans to work with the Democratic president to provide a united front against the U.S.S.R.

Today, we once again face a challenge from Russia. And if President Obama is not providing strong leadership publicly, it is the task of his rivals to offer criticism and encouragement privately – not political broadsides while Russian tanks are rolling. There will be plenty of time when campaign season comes around.

But for now, Washington leaders should measure their words a bit more carefully and remember that the whole world is watching – especially Vladimir Putin. This international crisis will be eventually be resolved by a unified American and international response to Putin’s aggression, and we will prevail.

Until then, those who were right all along will still be right, and those who were wrong will still be wrong. Let’s wait until Russia is beaten back overseas before we sort out political winners and losers at home.

---------------------

Great idea, Joe, about the tar and chicken feathers. Oh...people were actually disrespectful to Bush? And you think McCain should stop criticizing the President while you write an opinion piece doing exactly that? Oh, my, Joe...such eloquent BS.

Republicans deeming who is blue blood or rino will be the ruination of the party altogether. And this thinking is also why Hillary will be the next POTUS.

I'm a woman without a party (although I am registered R) because people have brought issues and parameters to the table that limit instead of giving a platform that has real answers for real issues.

Don't want to hear about tea partiers, etc, that only split the vote and the majority ends up in the democratic column for a win.

On the subject of Scarborough...I like him. I hope he does run. His decision to leave Congress was a family decision. Family over politics is honorable. He's done well to continue the conversation and calls out both sides over stupid moves.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/joe-scarborough-msnbc-2016/2014/03/14/id/559663/?promo_code=125BD-1&utm_source=125BDTelegraph_Media_Group&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Not being closely aligned to Joe Scarborough's world and/or political views I do admire his frankness and willingness to speak up and speak out on topics that political ideologues are not permitted to do for fear of alienating their respective bases. To support that view PD, you need only read your own words and note the sarcasm and vitriol as you could not resist calling him the ubiquitous term of a RINO . . . . this inability to speak out by the GOP's cast of characters has become a ball and chain around the ankle of some who are both smart and visionary but they will never break out because of those chains that bind them.  Joe makes you and your fellow ideologues very uncomfortable and I get that and I understand the reasoning . . .
And yes I am a regular viewer of the show and do enjoy the dialogue but Joe just cannot keep his mouth shut . . . people like him evidently.

He's a complete hypocrite. He resigned five months into his 4th term..."to spend time with his children"...and after his staffer died in Ft. Walton Beach...she was alone and she just fainted and hit her head on the desk...and, although I can't find it right now...he resigned just a few days before 9/11. I understand your point, Knothead, about crossing the aisle as the kiss of death to a GOP politician, or showing any type of cooperation with President Obama, but this guy, whether people "like" him or not, is just sleazy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SheWrites wrote:Republicans deeming who is blue blood or rino will be the ruination of the party altogether.  And this thinking is also why Hillary will be the next POTUS.

I'm a woman without a party (although I am registered R) because people have brought issues and parameters to the table that limit instead of giving a platform that has real answers for real issues.

Don't want to hear about tea partiers, etc, that only split the vote and the majority ends up in the democratic column for a win.

On the subject of Scarborough...I like him.  I hope he does run.  His decision to leave Congress was a family decision.  Family over politics is honorable.  He's done well to continue the conversation and calls out both sides over stupid moves.  

Apparently, there was a lot of controversy over the death of his aide in July, 2001. I think he was afraid of more bad publicity, although I don't remember the PNJ even covering it...the episode was a hot internet topic at the time. He's no RINO. And you can count on him to show up at the Fish House for Rick Scott's reelection campaign like rain from a thundercloud.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Republicans deeming who is blue blood or rino will be the ruination of the party altogether.

I agree. Some posters would be amazed to find out that I have been a registered Republican since 1970 and still am. I helped campaign for California GOP Congressman Bob Mathias when I was 18 years old in 1970, and my first presidential vote went to Richard Nixon.

Sometime back in the 1990s, the Republican Party started turning crazy, and got even crazier after George W. Bush became POTUS. After that, they lost my vote completely, as I just didn't feel represented by wingnuts in general. Sadly, I think Even Nixon would be labeled too progressive by the Teajadists that infest today's GOP. Therefore, I consider myself to be a Proud RINO!

Joe THE QUITTER Scarborough says he is open to POTUS run.... Images10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
knothead wrote:

Not being closely aligned to Joe Scarborough's world and/or political views I do admire his frankness and willingness to speak up and speak out on topics that political ideologues are not permitted to do for fear of alienating their respective bases. To support that view PD, you need only read your own words and note the sarcasm and vitriol as you could not resist calling him the ubiquitous term of a RINO . . . . this inability to speak out by the GOP's cast of characters has become a ball and chain around the ankle of some who are both smart and visionary but they will never break out because of those chains that bind them.  Joe makes you and your fellow ideologues very uncomfortable and I get that and I understand the reasoning . . .

He's a complete hypocrite.  He resigned five months into his 4th term..."to spend time with his children"...and after his staffer died in Ft. Walton Beach...she was alone and she just fainted and hit her head on the desk...and, although I can't find it right now...he resigned just a few days before 9/11.  I understand your point, Knothead, about crossing the aisle as the kiss of death to a GOP politician, or showing any type of cooperation with President Obama, but this guy, whether people "like" him or not, is just sleazy.

Your comments sound like my wife's point-of-view, LOL. She feels the same.

2seaoat

I would have no hesitation voting for a traditional Republican. I could vote for Joe.

2seaoat wrote:I would have no hesitation voting for a traditional Republican. I could vote for Joe.

The base question a "traditional" would ask is whether the candidate intends to use the govt in a further activist role.

2seaoat

The base question a "traditional" would ask is whether the candidate intends to use the govt in a further activist role.

Wrong question again......right question for a libertarian, but not a traditional Republican. The Traditional Republican asks how can government be made more efficient and productive? They believe in good government, not in the libertarian belief of no government.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joe THE QUITTER Scarborough says he is open to POTUS run.... 24editorial_graph2-popup

2seaoat wrote:The base question a "traditional" would ask is whether the candidate intends to use the govt in a further activist role.

Wrong question again......right question for a libertarian, but not a traditional Republican. The Traditional Republican asks how can government be made more efficient and productive? They believe in good government, not in the libertarian belief of no government.

Up is down... less is more... dumb is smart... etc.

2seaoat

Up is down... less is more... dumb is smart... etc.

That is why I have a difficult time with your beliefs.

2seaoat wrote:Up is down... less is more... dumb is smart... etc.

That's why you shouldn't. There is no agenda behind fair play. You have accepted an alternative narrative.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Who said it?

1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility, for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

3) "(We).....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev

B. Joseph Goebbels

C. Boris Yeltsin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong II

D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above

Scroll down for answers

Answers
(1) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
(2) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
(3) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(4) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(5) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(6) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

2seaoat

You mean President elect Clinton?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Up is down... less is more... dumb is smart... etc.

That's why you shouldn't. There is no agenda behind fair play. You have accepted an alternative narrative.

Alternative narrative, my ***. Look at the chart above. Please deal in facts, not paranoia.

2seaoat wrote:You mean President elect Clinton?

never as long as slick willie is denigrating women by hanging out with two chicks from the chicken ranch....

the whole idea of the GOP having a war on women when a former Dem POTUS is hanging out with women being exploited for sex is laughable...

Joe THE QUITTER Scarborough says he is open to POTUS run.... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPFnX9SAo0oyzaGqeX4avwnyo5Szl092tq92rbzlgc0_9AV4kCeA

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If Hillary is fit to run they will just off (as in terminate) Bill and Hillary will get the sympathy vote and then marry some young hotty for her first lady...yes we all know ....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If Hillary is fit to run they will just off (as in terminate) Bill and Hillary will get the sympathy vote and then marry some young hotty for her first lady...yes we all know ....

Cite your source, Teo. BTW, for both you and PeeDog...the subject is Scarborough.

VectorMan

VectorMan

President Scarborough?

LOL

[quote="Floridatexan"]
TEOTWAWKI wrote:If Hillary is fit to run they will just off (as in terminate) Bill and Hillary will get the sympathy vote and then marry some young hotty for her first lady...yes we all know ....

Cite your source, Teo.  BTW, for both you and PeeDog...the subject is Scarborough.[/quote

You've hijacked many a thread....STHU.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Cite your source, Teo.  BTW, for both you and PeeDog...the subject is Scarborough.[/quote

KMA, soldier boy.

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

KMA, soldier boy.

I don't want a disease...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum