Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

All you guys bombarding him with math problems, power problems, 911 questions, slander and ridicule...it's a wonder his Gort hasn't vaporized you doubters already.

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still Barnhardt

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:All you guys bombarding him with math problems, power problems, 911 questions, slander and ridicule...it's a wonder his Gort hasn't vaporized you doubters already.

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still Barnhardt

I was thinking more like "Plan 9 From Outer Space",  teo.  Particularly this scene...

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still Bela-plan-9

Why that scene?  Because that's supposed to be Bela Lugosi.  But Lugosi was only seen in the opening sequence,  he died of a drug overdose shortly after filming started (who can blame him).  So the filmmaker,  Ed Wood,  hired his chiropractor to be the stand in for Lugosi to film the remainder of the movie.  Wood thought he could get away with it if the chiropractor always hid most of his face like you see there (true story).  lol

2seaoat

It should make you feel better. You now have someone to share in carrying the heavy load. The part I enjoyed the most was being told that he went through the diplomatic line at the airport..........I love this place. As soon as angelina jolie gets out of the shower I will have to tell her about this guy who goes through the diplomatic line at the airport.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But since we're on the subject of movies, let's talk about the worst filmmaker and the worst movie ever made. I've seen it and it makes Ed Wood and his Plan 9 From Outer Space look like Citizen Kane in comparison.

The filmmaker was Coleman Francis. And the movie was The Beast Of Yucca Flats.

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still 253152_Ofdqb6XtOA6y90kZ2nBMT8S7t

There is so much goofiness with The Beast Of Yucca Flats that it would take several pages just to outline it all. So I'll relate just one thing about it to give you the idea.

When the moviemaker, Coleman Francis, showed up in the desert location to shoot the movie, he discovered they'd forgotten to bring along the microphones needed to capture the actor's dialogue.
A less creative moviemaker would have delayed production until they retrieved the microphones.
But Francis came up with a better idea. He decide to film the actors from their backsides so the movie audience could not see their lips moving. And then he dubbed the dialogue in later. It's quite an experience to watch a movie when all the actors (or what passed for actors) have their backs turned to the camera when they're talking. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah that's like you guys talking out yer backsides to someone obviously beyond your stations.

2seaoat

Yeah that's like you guys talking out yer backsides to someone obviously beyond your stations.

Yep that certainly is a station too far.....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Actually you guys are more like the monkeys in 2001 a space odyssey

AWAKE MONKEYS AWAKE !

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Yeah that's like you guys talking out yer backsides to someone obviously beyond your stations.

He may have a station whatever that is. But I was able to be retired at the age he is now and he's still having to work. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Some work for money and then retire to be lazy and shiftless...others work for money and then work on to make the world a better place and leave it better than they found it. Guess I need to find something productive to do because I am too close to that first guy.

2seaoat

He may have a station whatever that is. But I was able to be retired at the age he is now and he's still having to work. lol

To think you have never used the diplomatic line at Pensacola INTERNATIONAL airport.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't know what's funnier.  The idea that our airport would have a "diplomatic line",  or that it's an "international" airport.  lol

The last time I took a flight,  the skycap asked me to empty the ashtrays outside the door of the airport.  He thought I was the janitor (I guess it's my yard sale attire).  So I don't think they'll let me get in the "diplomat line".  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Some work for money and then retire to be lazy and shiftless...others work for money and then work on to make the world a better place and leave it better than they found it.

I was fortunate enough to work because I enjoyed it.  But even something that's fun eventually gives way to the joys of laziness and shiftlessness.  I've got the laziness and shiftlessness down pat.  lol
And I don't have enough ego to delude myself into thinking I can "change the world".  I'll be doing good if I can remember to change my clocks on Sunday.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Some work for money and then retire to be lazy and shiftless...others work for money and then work on to make the world a better place and leave it better than they found it.

I was fortunate enough to work because I enjoyed it.  But even something that's fun eventually gives way to the joys of laziness and shiftlessness.  I've got the laziness and shiftlessness down pat.  lol
And I don't have enough ego to delude myself into thinking I can "change the world".  I'll be doing good if I can remember to change my clocks on Sunday.  lol

Dang I hate losing that hour....and changing my clocks. That upset me Bob...I am going for Pizza to calm down.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Dang I hate losing that hour.

This will be the last Saturday morning I have daylight for the early yard sales.
Will have to start carrying a flashlight after this. lol

But I do like having that extra daylight in the evening so I guess it's okay.

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:All you guys bombarding him with math problems, power problems, 911 questions, slander and ridicule...it's a wonder his Gort hasn't vaporized you doubters already.

I was thinking more like "Plan 9 From Outer Space",  teo.  Particularly this scene...

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still Bela-plan-9

Why that scene?  Because that's supposed to be Bela Lugosi.  But Lugosi was only seen in the opening sequence,  he died of a drug overdose shortly after filming started (who can blame him).  So the filmmaker,  Ed Wood,  hired his chiropractor to be the stand in for Lugosi to film the remainder of the movie.  Wood thought he could get away with it if the chiropractor always hid most of his face like you see there (true story).  lol

That movie traumatized me as a child. Seeing that photo sent chills down my spine.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This is what traumatized me..3 straight nights of screamin nightmares....Thanks Walt

Hey Bob this stuff with Karl reminds me of The Day the Earth Stood Still Zeke_midas_wolf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum