Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you call on the Tax Collector?

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Santa Rosa Co. Tax Collector Colie Nichols won't accept a 1099 or paystub to verify your SS # for your drivers license although it clearly states on the states website you can use those to verify your SS# to get your driver's license. He is making people go downtown and get their card and won't let them get their license. He says he don't care. Who does this guy think he is? He does not make the rules.People in SRC think they don't have to follow the laws or rules in this state until the feds start coming in. Sick of it!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I had to sit in the SS office to apply for a duplicate card. When I got my card in the mail...I had to show my card, my expired DL, my passport, birth certificate, and 2 current bills with my name and address.

Didn't make any sense. My DL was 1 week expired. I thought you had until the end of your birth month not your birth day.

No, you don't have till the end of the month. It says on the website you have until midnight on the day of your birthday. I got mine renewed today.$54! And that joker Colie Nichols thinks he can make his won rules on what they will accept.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:No, you don't have till the end of the month. It says on the website you have until midnight on the day of your birthday. I got mine renewed today.$54! And that joker Colie Nichols thinks he can make his won rules on what they will accept.

Well I was pissed. I didn't look at the website to find out the rules and my license had never expired before... When I went to the DMV I was shocked with the hoops I had to jump through.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In Escambia County, to renew tags online, you must provide social security number, or the last four and a DL number or tag number.

I renewed the tag for a trailer this afternoon that way. It is in my wife's name, so I had to use her information to do this (with permission, of course).

The government thinks we are either potential terrorists or illegals now, and it is up to us to prove otherwise.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Try calling the State Attorney's office.

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:No, you don't have till the end of the month. It says on the website you have until midnight on the day of your birthday. I got mine renewed today.$54! And that joker Colie Nichols thinks he can make his won rules on what they will accept.

Well I was pissed.  I didn't look at the website to find out the rules and my license had never expired before... When I went to the DMV I was shocked with the hoops I had to jump through.

The "new" rules went into effect several years ago. I guess I was lucky, I was able to renew it by mail and they renewed it for six years. I had gathered all the documents I needed but didn't have to use them.

In my opinion, it is a waste of money and time. It is a feel good measure which accomplishes nothing but irritate law abiding citizens.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's not just a renewal,  it's an act of congress to get a replacement when you lose a driver's license too.  I had to get a birth certificate out of Tennessee.

I had to get all my marriage certificates from different states. My BC out of New York and two bills w/ my name on it,SS card and current license. It cost me close to $100 before the license fee and then I had to pay to register two trucks also.

Why is it easier to
Vote then get a license?

Why is it easier to vote than get a license? Makes no sense!

2seaoat

Pace if you do not understand why people are getting hassled getting driver's license renewals and cannot connect the dots as to how that will impact elections.......I can have my granddaughter draw you a picture.

Sal

Sal

I renewed my FLA driver license and filed my own taxes weeks ago ...

.... no prob ....

.... but then I rarely fall on my face getting out of bed or walk into doors. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum