Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arizona Chooses Capitalism over Evangelical Christian Extremism

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

polecat

polecat

Funny how $money brings out the best in republicans.

Funny how Dems are two faced on this issue.

It's only about saving taxpayer money from lawsuits suretofollow

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Funny how Dems are two faced on this issue.

How so?

polecat

polecat

Christians want to be able to discriminate....and when THEY CAN'T discriminate....they claim DISCRIMINATION

you can't make this stuff up

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

polecat wrote:Christians want to be able to discriminate....and when THEY CAN'T discriminate....they claim DISCRIMINATION

you can't make this stuff up

Yes, I saw a "Christian" legislator from Arizona look rather shocked when the interviewer pointed out that Muslim business owners might be able to claim strong religious beliefs and refuse to serve certain foods or others might refuse to serve people who eat meat because the business owners were vegetarians (not that that's a religion but Buddhists are vegetarians). It is another example of unintended consequences. I'm glad she vetoed the bill. Several Republicans who had voted to pass it wrote to her urging her to veto it after they'd given it more thought.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Even though the governor vetoed the bill, I'd still like to see Apple pull their plans to produce the sapphire crystal screens for the iPhone 6 and also for the NFL to pull the 2015 Super Bowl.  The fact still remains that Arizona legislators passed the bill; and let's be honest, if it weren't for a threat of mass business exodus, that bill would have been signed.

polecat

polecat

polecat wrote:Funny how $money brings out the best in republicans.

Yes Boards just like Polecat said...

Bill Clinton passed the same sort of law in 1993....

It was the religious restoration act

He is hero yet y'all castigate Arizona

That bill did not allow discrimination. Totally different.

Same
Law
Language

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

So far Idaho, Georgia and Mississippi have pulled bills very similar to the one the Arizona gov. vetoed. They see the writing on the wall. I feel sure the courts would have thrown it out anyway. Brewer saw it too and just got ahead of the curve. She didn't want to buck the bucks leaving the state. LOL, is this the free market's invisible hand?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It was the religious restoration act

The two pieces of legislation are not even remotely the same - not even by the wildest stretch of the imagination.

Can you elaborate on this, PACEDOG?  From where are you getting the idea that the two laws are the same?  Help us all understand what it is that you are selling here.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

boards of FL wrote:

The two pieces of legislation are not even remotely the same - not even by the wildest stretch of the imagination.

Can you elaborate on this, PACEDOG?  From where are you getting the idea that the two laws are the same?  Help us all understand what it is that you are selling here.

Do you REALLY want to know where he's getting this idea, lol?

boards of FL

boards of FL

othershoe1030 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Do you REALLY want to know where he's getting this idea, lol?

On second thought, PACEDOG, nevermind.

The bill prevented compromise of all religious beliefs, not just Christianiy.

Just wait until you start asking Muslims the same

boards of FL

boards of FL

When I have a son or daughter, I'm going to make it a point to email an article to their grade school teachers and then ask them to tell me what the article is about.

I'll know quickly whether or not my kid will remain in that class.

No,
It's
The
Governor saving the state
Money that would be spent on lawsuits

by boards of FL Today at 4:51 pm
When I have a son or daughter, I'm going to make it a point to email an article to their grade school teachers and then ask them to tell me what the article is about.

I'll know quickly whether or not my kid will remain in that class.

______
You have a wife?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2140277/

It's not I'm US but our laws are similar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum