Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preview of todays most excellent adventure

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

King of the Hill..aka Deluna...Bruce beach
Preview of todays most excellent adventure 2l9r5a1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Looking out over Studerville from the summit of Bruce Mountain.

Preview of todays most excellent adventure Studer10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bruce Mountain is an amazing geological formation.  You can't see it from any vantage point of civilization.  
You start from the Patti property and walk southeast beyond the oil storage tanks and there is where the Bruce Mountain Trail begins.
The mountain is looming off to your south as you navigate the Trail.
And then the Trail cuts south and goes right to the base of Bruce Mountain.
There is one way to get to the summit.  I made it to the top but I almost busted my ass about half way up.

Fair Warning.  There are natives who claim the mountain as their own  Bobs police hat was not a welcome sign.  Proceed at your own risk.  

Preview of todays most excellent adventure 14xlca9

Sal

Sal

That's what passes for a mountain in FLA??

That's a knoll at best.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Was it Bob and Teds excellent adventure ?...party on Dude.

Yella

Yella

Bruce Beach will be a bonanza, a goldmine, a birdsnest on the ground for a few of the GOBs. Probably not worth a shit for raising baby fish since the pollution levels are out of sight.

If Bob says there is mountain down there then its there. I believe Bob. I'm sure it is the Matterhorn of Pensacola Bay. There might even be a yeti or two lurking about.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Fair Warning.  There are natives who claim the mountain as their own  Bobs police hat was not a welcome sign.  Proceed at your own risk.  

It was just like the first Spanish expedition.   When the natives saw De Luna's headgear then,  it was like today's natives seeing my police hat.
Both realized foreigners had invaded native territory.

We have no photos of the native village of 1559.  But we do have this photo of the native encampment atop Bruce Mountain today.

Preview of todays most excellent adventure Native10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:Bruce Beach will be a bonanza, a goldmine, a birdsnest on the ground for a few of the GOBs. Probably not worth a shit for raising baby fish since the pollution levels are out of sight.

If Bob says there is mountain down there then its there. I believe Bob. I'm sure it is the Matterhorn of Pensacola Bay. There might even be a yeti or two lurking about.

I fear that civilization will soon creep over Bruce Beach,  yella,  and the mountain will be no more.   You just gotta see it before that happens.  
And the good news is,  the mountain is just a short ten minute walk from the front door of the Joe Patti fish market.  We can buy the salmon,  put it in a cooler,  and go see the mountain all at the same time.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:That's what passes for a mountain in FLA??

That's a knoll at best.

If Clingman's Dome is the highest mountain east of the Mississippi,  Bruce Mountain is the highest mountain east of Bayou Chico.  lol

Maybe we could get a loan for my friend down the road to start a mountain climbing venture. Mount Bruce Bob. I like it...

Some people say Bobs Mountain looks like a pile of construction debris . They just dont know the history of the city.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Maybe we could get a loan for my friend down the road to start a mountain climbing venture.  Mount Bruce Bob.  I like it...

I bet the same thing would happen to us as happened to those first "explorers" you told me about. He'd give us each a $20 bill and tell us our exploring days were over.   lol

Side Note No one was working on Studers(thank you for what you do)Palace. Maybe they work flex time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Some people say Bobs Mountain looks like a pile of construction debris .  They just dont know the history of the city.

Those are the same people who tell children there is no Santa Claus. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You two, are two peas in a pod. What a great friendship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum