Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A tip for an interesting DVD movie rental

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And yes I paid the price, seaoat. $3 at Redbox. My girlfriend rented it Wednesday, she gave it to me yesterday, and I turned it in tonight.
I was trying to piggyback off her day's rental and it would have been free for me, but I had to hold it over for the 2nd day cause I couldn't fit it in until tonight.
BUT, if I'd had to, I would probably paid up to $10 to see this.

I had seen trailers for "Ender's Game" while watching movies in theaters. And I thought it was just another one of those teenyboppers save the world nonsense aimed at a teenage audience who want to be the adults.
I woulda never bothered with it except my girlfriend is smarter about movies than me and I always take her advice.

Actually it is a teenybopper saves mankind space opera story. KINDA. SORTA. But it is so much much more than that. It introduces some very thought provoking ideas and moral conflicts. And boy does it take on head first the morality question of when and why nations go to war and what is winning a war and is it better to fight a war or not fight a war and are there any limits to it and all that manner of thing.

This is the kind of thing Gene Roddenberry would have liked. He's probably somewhere on the ethereal Enterprise as we speak and seeing this movie and saying to these filmmakers "ataboy".

I recommend it.

A tip for an interesting DVD movie rental Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6zIaBj3ZCr6maws2lOeWcHuwrsxUU1t36i1hwsa79EQR2nGhA

Had read the book so was somewhat leery of watching the movie. The movie ended up being pretty good though... I've just never really cared for Orson Scott Card's style...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0cUBi4hwE

Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Had read the book so was somewhat leery of watching the movie. The movie ended up being pretty good though... I've just never really cared for Orson Scott Card's style...

"Card suggests that this style is heavily influenced by his belief in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his relationship with his family.
Indeed, Card writes all of his work so that it reflects his religious and moral beliefs and family experiences."

http://brockdavis.blogspot.com/

It's really interesting to learn that after seeing the ideas he put into the Ender's Game story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum