Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Okay l made the council meeting rite now

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

some asshole just threw god out of the meeting and invoked Carl Sagan . What a bunch a morons. I booed him

did you duck? Wink 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dot wrote:did you duck? Wink 
no I am wearing my scary face

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Some good speeches and angry people saying dump the ordinances

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The sound system really sucks in here.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Some good speeches and angry people saying dump the ordinances

lets be clear since we are going down the slippery shitty road again, oh wait, we never left that road lol

you are perfectly fine with vagrants pitching tents and setting up home anywhere they like?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bare just motioned to strike the complete ordinance to a standing ovation

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Okay camping ordinance is gone ! This crowd scared the shit out of them and they. Voted unaimous

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 2/13/2014, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yay! Good work, Guys! I didn't get to make the meeting. Are there a lot of people there?

Then we're all free to camp there?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If it came out I got some good angry video

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Right now they are forming a task force of 15 memberS to deal with the homeless

PkrBum wrote:Then we're all free to camp there?

awesome! this could change my retirement plan all together.

I will just come and pitch a tent in navy point.  Smile 

2seaoat

Glad to see forum members were there and contributed to the beginning of what hopefully will be more humane and caring alternatives than banning blankets.

Dot wrote:

Navy point is in the county. Ref: ECSO Raid on Homeless camp. May I suggest the CMPA park? LOL

Mr Ichi wrote:
Dot wrote:

Navy point is in the county.  Ref:  ECSO Raid on Homeless camp.  May I suggest the CMPA park? LOL

LOL no, that's ok I was only joking. before I left there, there was already a bum living under the bridge and some in the woods down by the boat ramp. and the crime creep was getting closer.

I have actually watched from afar where there have been drive bys etc closer to that area, saddens me. the year before I left people started treating the whole housing area like it was their personal park. parking their cars along the roads in front of private houses. I didn't like that.

You know how much I love the area. I still have friends there btw that I talk to all the time, NO, not on this forum. real friends.

its quiet here where I live. and clean. I'm learning to love it.  Very Happy 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

youtube crashed bummer..

Here's the video of the debates over homeless laws..it is going to take a while to finish uploading may be hours, but sometime tonite.

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 2/14/2014, 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Yay! Good work, Guys! I didn't get to make the meeting. Are there a lot of people there?
It was packed pretty good. Even a couple of homeless spoke. One lady was very eloquent in her plea...all in all a very good meeting.

It says the video is unavailable,Teo?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:It says the video is unavailable,Teo?

Yes I dropped it off at my grandsons to have him edit it on his Mac. He can do a very professional job BUT his finished product was such high resolution that it was going to take 4 hours to upload so I told him to stop the upload and I am redoing it at a lower resolution and will try again in an hour or so..

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:Glad to see forum members were there and contributed to the beginning of what hopefully will be more humane and caring alternatives than banning blankets.

It was a great meeting!

Yes, they overturned the blanket ordinance, but the rest of the ordinance remains on the books thanks to Jewel Canada-Wynn, Andy Terhaar and Brian Spencer. The vote was 4-3 in favor of doing away with the ordinance completely, but Messer, the city attorney, determined that five votes in favor were necessary to repeal the entire ordinance.

Neither Megan Pratt nor P.C. Wu attended the meeting. And of course, Mayor Hayward was in absentia.

It was getting a little hairy after the vote to repeal the entire ordinance didn't pass in spite of the majority of the council members being in favor of same. Teo captured the mood of the audience well in his video.

I wish I knew more about the composition of the new Task Force. Written information about the task force was not distributed to the audience.

All in all, we met two goals last night: Repeal of the blanket ordinance and the official formation of the task force.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had to get out after the task force vote...I was losing it and had already yelled at them more than I should have...

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I had to get out after the task force vote...I was losing it and had already yelled at them more than I should have...

The video is great, Teo. I'm sharing it everywhere. Thanks for making it!

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I had to get out after the task force vote...I was losing it and had already yelled at them more than I should have...

Was that you saying "this is going nationwide?"

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Busted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum