Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Cruz Intent on Burning the GOP to the Ground

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

I don't know why their leadership doesn't take him into a backroom and smother his fetal alcohol syndrome looking head.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will push a 60-vote threshold, meaning he's threatening to filibuster, on a clean debt ceiling increase extension.

Cruz's office confirmed the Texas senator's plans to TPM on Tuesday afternoon.

Cruz's move means lawmakers will need to rally 60 votes in the chamber to pass the bill, and Democrats only control 55 votes.

The announcement came the same day that House Republicans dropped a previous debt ceiling increase proposal and embraced a clean hike instead.

That decision sparked outrage from tea party groups with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin calling it a "complete capitulation."

The Senate vote on the clean debt ceiling bill is likely to come shortly after the House vote planned for Tuesday evening.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-60-vote-threshold-clean-debt-ceiling

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:I don't know why their leadership doesn't take him into a backroom and smother his fetal alcohol syndrome looking head.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will push a 60-vote threshold, meaning he's threatening to filibuster, on a clean debt ceiling increase extension.

Cruz's office confirmed the Texas senator's plans to TPM on Tuesday afternoon.

Cruz's move means lawmakers will need to rally 60 votes in the chamber to pass the bill, and Democrats only control 55 votes.

The announcement came the same day that House Republicans dropped a previous debt ceiling increase proposal and embraced a clean hike instead.

That decision sparked outrage from tea party groups with Tea Party Patriots co-founder Jenny Beth Martin calling it a "complete capitulation."

The Senate vote on the clean debt ceiling bill is likely to come shortly after the House vote planned for Tuesday evening.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-60-vote-threshold-clean-debt-ceiling

Sal, evidently someone crashed his party because the Senate voted today 55-43 to raise the debt limit and repeal the cut to military pensions! I'm sure he's pissed . . .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Isn't it convenient to have the GOP split into factions...that way, they can always blame the other guy..."We were ready for a clean bill, but then Cruz ruined our well laid plan." BS

Time for another filibuster...See Ted. See Ted play with Spot. See Spot run.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
Isn't it convenient to have the GOP split into factions...that way, they can always blame the other guy..."We were ready for a clean bill, but then Cruz ruined our well laid plan."  BS

Time for another filibuster...See Ted.  See Ted play with Spot.  See Spot run.  

Laughing  I think he's a dead ringer to be on the GOP ticket in 2016 . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Isn't it convenient to have the GOP split into factions...that way, they can always blame the other guy..."We were ready for a clean bill, but then Cruz ruined our well laid plan."  BS

Time for another filibuster...See Ted.  See Ted play with Spot.  See Spot run.  

Laughing  I think he's a dead ringer to be on the GOP ticket in 2016 . . . .

Rubio/Cruz 2016!!!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

Sal, evidently someone crashed his party because the Senate voted today 55-43 to raise the debt limit and repeal the cut to military pensions!  I'm sure he's pissed . . .  

McConnell, Cornyn, and a few others told Cruz personally and the teabaggers collectively to take a long walk off a short pier with their votes for cloture.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Looks like McConnell will be out this time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum