Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bill Nye told a Lie...

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 10:55 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bill Nye made it sound like science has discovered fossil layers all over the earth that are neatly stacked on top of one another with less evolved creatures in the earlier layers and more advanced creatures in the upper layers.  He also made the incredible claim that you cannot find a single fossil which is in the wrong layer.  This is such an elementary mistake, and exhibits such a complete ignorance of what the fossil record actually shows, that he should have been laughed off the stage.  This is exactly the kind of extreme anti-intellectualism that Nye was supposedly trying to warn people about.  Sadly, our society has been so “dumbed down” that there are lots of people out there that will actually believe him.

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/fact-check-did-bill-nye-tell-a-huge-lie-about-the-fossil-layers

....According to Dr. Donald Burge, the curator of vertebrate paleontology at the College of Eastern Utah Prehistoric Museum, mammal fossils are found in nearly every dinosaur dig that he has ever been associated with…

“We find mammals in almost all of our [dinosaur dig] sites. These were not noticed years ago … . We have about 20,000 pounds of bentonite clay that has mammal fossils that we are trying to give away to some researcher. It’s not that they are not important, it’s just that you only live once and I specialized in something other than mammals. I specialize in reptiles and dinosaurs.”

By the way, Dr. Burge is an evolutionist.

Not only that, a whole host of modern creatures have been found in “dinosaur rock layers”. The following is an excerpt from an article by Calvin Smith…

To the surprise of many, ducks,1 squirrels,2 platypus,3 beaver-like4 and badger-like5 creatures have all been found in ‘dinosaur-era’ rock layers along with bees, cockroaches, frogs and pine trees. Most people don’t picture a T. rex walking along with a duck flying overhead, but that’s what the so-called ‘dino-era’ fossils would prove!

2Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 11:11 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There is one thing we know for certain.  
Which is that no one knows how life on earth originated.  No scientist,  no theologian,  no philosopher,  nobody. Not even Joe the Plumber.
If and when that is ever determined,  then I'll get interested in all the bill nye vs ken ham trivia.

3Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 11:22 am

Sal

Sal

Nonsense.

It's been well established that small mammals and bird-like dinosaurs existed during the Jurassic Period.

Modern day ducks?

No.

The data and the evidence is clear.

But, you have an ancient book of fairy tales written by goat fuckers.

4Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 11:30 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal you won't advance your religion by being crude. Sheesh.

5Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 11:52 am

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sal you won't advance your religion by being crude. Sheesh.

Religion and science are not the same thing, T.

Science is a method to search for truth about our physical world based on evidence and data.

If the evidence and the data contradict what I believe, then the theory or conjecture in which I formerly believed must be adjusted or discarded to conform with the evidence and data.

You, on the other hand, are unwilling to discount any part of your dogma in light of mountains of evidence and data which show it to be unadulterated bullshit.

That obstinacy may be many things, but it sure as hell ain't science.

6Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:29 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ah but you speak in terms of mountains of evidence and it's simply hyperbole. because there isn't a mountain of evidence..more like a mountain of conjecture and speculation. If you want to call it science though I don't care. Why are you so dogmatic about it anyway ?

7Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:39 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ah but you speak in terms of mountains of evidence and it's simply hyperbole. because there isn't a mountain of evidence..more like a mountain of conjecture and speculation. If you want to call it science though I don't care. Why are you so dogmatic about it anyway ?

If I believe in gravity, is that sort of like belief in a religion?

8Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:42 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ah but you speak in terms of mountains of evidence and it's simply hyperbole. because there isn't a mountain of evidence..more like a mountain of conjecture and speculation. If you want to call it science though I don't care. Why are you so dogmatic about it anyway ?

If I believe in gravity, is that sort of like belief in a religion?  

Well like religion you would be worshiping something you can't see. Like god you might see his effect but you can't see him.

9Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:42 pm

Sal

Sal

No, there's plenty of data and evidence, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not is not my concern.

I don't really care what you believe, T.

Just don't pretend it's science and try to put it into schools as though it is.

10Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:44 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ah but you speak in terms of mountains of evidence and it's simply hyperbole. because there isn't a mountain of evidence..more like a mountain of conjecture and speculation. If you want to call it science though I don't care.

Anything that is "hyperbole", "conjecture" and "speculation" with no evidence is not science. That would be the antithesis of science.
There is a lot of actual science. And there is some bogus stuff masquerading as science.

But whatever conclusions are arrived at from reading an ancient story book is always hyperbole, conjecture and speculation with no evidence.

So if hyperbole, conjecture, speculation and no evidence are what you want to avoid, why even consider that.

11Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 12:56 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ah but you speak in terms of mountains of evidence and it's simply hyperbole. because there isn't a mountain of evidence..more like a mountain of conjecture and speculation. If you want to call it science though I don't care.

Anything that is "hyperbole", "conjecture" and "speculation" with no evidence is not science.  That would be the antithesis of science.
There is a lot of actual science.  And there is some bogus stuff masquerading as science.

But whatever conclusions are arrived at from reading an ancient story book is always hyperbole,  conjecture and speculation with no evidence.  

So if hyperbole,  conjecture,  speculation and no evidence are what you want to avoid,  why even consider that.

As with any trial witnesses are important. I don't see too many people that witnessed Dinosaurs...but a few left writings saying they witnessed Jesus. The veracity of the witnesses is debatable, never the less they were witnesses. I don't pretend to know anything for certain relative to life and how it got here, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as a scientist might be.

12Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:01 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well like religion you would be worshiping something you can't see. Like god you might see  his effect but you can't see him.

Well, I can see gravity's effect everywhere, whenever I want, on command. I can even measure it mathematically. I even have formulas that describe how it works and that I can use to reliably predict stuff.

In contrast, I see no effect of god at all. Not unless I am speaking in terms of conjectural bullshit. But this is beside the point. Like evolution, gravity is just a theory. So back to my question: If I believe in gravity, is that sort of like belief in religion?

13Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:08 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:As with any trial witnesses are important. I don't see too many people that witnessed Dinosaurs...but a few left writings saying they witnessed Jesus. The veracity of the witnesses is debatable, never the less they were witnesses. I don't pretend to know anything for certain  relative to life and how it got here, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as a scientist might be.

Hypothetical scenario: You're a juror. On one hand you have irrefutable, scientific evidence that clears a particular defendant. DNA, fibers of hair, clothing, etc...On the other, you have someone claiming to be an eye witness that gives a different account of the events. That witness's accounting of events does not reconcile with the DNA and forensic evidence.

Are you telling me that you take the word of the witness and override the scientific evidence?

What if the witness is recalling something they saw three decades ago?

What if the witness is the written testimony of someone from thousands of years ago? And what if you also knew that the witness thought the world was flat, and that the entire universe revolved around our flat world?

14Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

As with any trial witnesses are important. I don't see too many people that witnessed Dinosaurs...but a few left writings saying they witnessed Jesus. The veracity of the witnesses is debatable, never the less they were witnesses. I don't pretend to know anything for certain relative to life and how it got here, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as a scientist might be..

I'm confused. Don't you believe the Bible is the inspired word of the "Creator"?
And doesn't that inspired word of the Creator in Genesis 2:7 tell you how life originated...

"the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being"

The authors of the Bible may or may not have "witnessed" Jesus. But we can be certain the authors of the Book of Genesis never witnessed any Creator making Adam out of dust.

15Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

As with any trial, witnesses are important. .

I couldn't aqree more.

But not only did the author or authors of Genesis not witness anything,  we're not even sure who the author(s) were...

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+wrote+genesis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Imagine a modern day trial.  And the prosecutor has no witnesses to anything.  All he has is the knowledge that someone produced some writing in the future attempting to describe what happened.  But he's NOT EVEN SURE WHO IT IS WHO WROTE IT.
Yes,  I agree,  witnesses are important.  lol

16Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:35 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hard to handle triple teaming from an iPhone. I got to meet up with some ladies and I don't know when I will be home but hold those thoughts. I got answers lots of em.

17Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 1:42 pm

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I got answers lots of em.  

Uh, oh ...

... here come the bible verses. 

18Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 2:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Hard to handle triple teaming from an iPhone. I got to meet up with some ladies and I don't know when I will be home but hold those thoughts. I got answers lots of em.  

I look forward to getting the answers.  I've been seeking those answer all my life.  And so far neither science nor religion nor philosophy nor anything or anyone else has been able to provide them.  If you can give me the answers you will be my all-time hero.  So make it count.   lol

19Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 2:21 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:And so far neither science nor religion nor philosophy nor anything or anyone else has been able to provide them.

What about doobies?

20Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:14 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

What about doobies?

A doobie will give me the answers.  But the next day after I wake up I always realize the answer was that all music sounds good and all food tastes good.  So I'm not sure the doobie understood the questions.  lol

21Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:31 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A single cell is far more complicated than any of you can imagine...They have to work right the first time or NO LIFE...sorry no texting while driving...

22Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:36 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:A single cell is far more complicated than any of you can imagine...They have to work right the first time or NO LIFE...sorry no texting while driving...

You'll get no argument from me on that.  It's definitely more than I can imagine.
But of course the information you've just provided didn't come from a religious book.  It came from science.
And I doubt the Pope or Billy Graham or Benny Hinn or any local church pastor can imagine it any better than I can.

23Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:48 pm

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:As with any trial witnesses are important. I don't see too many people that witnessed Dinosaurs...but a few left writings saying they witnessed Jesus. The veracity of the witnesses is debatable, never the less they were witnesses. I don't pretend to know anything for certain  relative to life and how it got here, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as a scientist might be.

, Are you telling me that you take the word of the witness and override the scientific evidence?  

?

boards, let me help you a little. Science DOES NOT in anyway shape or form PROVE the ORIGINS of Life. Do you understand what that means? It means science can not rule out a creator. Science has NEVER ruled out a creator.

Beleiving in evolution has NOTHING to do with if there is a god or not. scientist all over understand this.

Why cant people understand this? Look it up, there are millions of articles from scientist making the very statement I just made.

24Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:52 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

One of my very best friends for over 30 years is a physicist and a microbiologist and he is a far more devout Christian than I am.

25Bill Nye told a Lie... Empty Re: Bill Nye told a Lie... 2/7/2014, 3:58 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Dot wrote:boards, let me help you a little. Science DOES NOT in anyway shape or form PROVE the ORIGINS of Life. Do you understand what that means?

I understand what that means, though I have no idea why you're stating it.  No one said otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum