Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BUNKERS: Doomsday Apocalypse Shelters

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a friend who lives and works here but bought a house in the North Georgia mountains and he's planning to retire there in a couple of years.
About five years ago he built a 20 x 20 underground bunker which has foot thick poured concrete walls,  floor and ceiling.
It's built into the side of a hill.  In front of it he built a barn building.
There is a false wall in the back of the barn which hinges open and exposes a narrow hallway between the barn and the bunker.  There are two ways to enter or exit the bunker.  The main entrance is a bank vault door.  The other entrance is an emergency escape hatch.  If anyone tries to enter the bunker through the escape hatch,  it is booby trapped with shotgun shells which will detonate and blow the person to pieces.  That can only be deactivated from inside the bunker.
The bunker is stocked with enough food and medicine and liquor (especially his favorite,  Wild Turkey) for many years.  It has a composting toilet which doesn't need water.  But the bunker is also supplied with underground pump water.  It has an air re-circulating system which is hidden from outside view.
And a hidden highly muffled generator supplies power and is fueled by a large hidden gas tank.  And the property surrounding it has hidden tv cameras which can be monitored from inside.
The bunker has triple bunk beds to sleep up to 12 (which will accomodate him, his wife,  his children and grandchildren).
But the main contents of the bunker are enough weaponry and ammo to start a war.  And dehumidifiers to preserve the weapons.
I got to go in it two years ago.  One of the damndest things I've ever seen.

Sal

Sal

Everyone needs a hobby.

no stress

no stress

Bob wrote:I have a friend who lives and works here but bought a house in the North Georgia mountains and he's planning to retire there in a couple of years.
About five years ago he built a 20 x 20 underground bunker which has foot thick poured concrete walls,  floor and ceiling.
There is a false wall in the back of the barn which hinges open and exposes a narrow hallway between the barn and the bunker.  There are two ways to enter or exit the bunker.  The main entrance is a bank vault door.  The other entrance is an emergency escape hatch.  If anyone tries to enter the bunker through the escape hatch,  it is booby trapped with shotgun shells which will detonate and blow the person to pieces.  That can only be deactivated from inside the bunker.
The bunker is stocked with enough food and medicine and liquor (especially his favorite,  Wild Turkey) for many years.  It has a composting toilet which doesn't need water.  But the bunker is also supplied with underground pump water.  It has an air re-circulating system which is hidden from outside view.
And a hidden highly muffled generator supplies power and is fueled by a large hidden gas tank.  And the property surrounding it has hidden tv cameras which can be monitored from inside.
The bunker has triple bunk beds to sleep up to 12 (which will accomodate him, his wife,  his children and grandchildren).
But the main contents of the bunker are enough weaponry and ammo to start a war.  And dehumidifiers to preserve the weapons.
all of that in a 20x20 room....uh huh

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:
Bob wrote:I have a friend who lives and works here but bought a house in the North Georgia mountains and he's planning to retire there in a couple of years.
all of that in a 20x20 room....uh huh

Yes all of that in a 20 x 20 room. Everything is compacted into the room the same way a cruise ship packs stuff into it's tight spaces. The four triple bunk beds are pushed together. And most of the rest of the room is taken up with storage racks and lockers.
I don't have enough imagination to make all that up, Gunz. If I did I'd be writing for the movies and I'm not.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, it was fun to get to see something like that and he's a unique character.

BUT, and this goes for any "prepper" bunker and not just his;
Personally, I would MUCH prefer suicide over living in an underground prison cell. Especially if there were no guards and a whole bunch of zombies trying to get in the cell with me to kill me and steal my shit. Sooner or later (probably sooner), they'd get hold of some explosives and blow me up to get at the guns and food. So the bunker gave me, what, another month of survival?
Not worth it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually in his case, all they'd have to do is find his hidden air vent.
Close that off. And then tell him either he opens the bunker or he and his family are all dead.
End of story.

no stress

no stress

sounds like a well thought out bunker and with all the equipment packed in

Bob will survive because all the electronic stuff will be dead and analog Pin ball machines and Juke boxes will be worth a fortune as people struggle for entertainment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum