Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football is sorta gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/Oct/2901.htm

A study of former high-school American football players has found that more than a third said they had had sexual relations with other men.

In his study of homosexuality among sportsmen in the United States, openly gay sociologist Dr Eric Anderson found that 19 in a sample of 47 had taken part in acts intended to sexually arouse other men, ranging from kissing to mutual masturbation and oral sex.

The 47 men, aged 18-23, were all American football players who previously played at the high school (secondary school) level but had failed to be picked for their university’s team and were now cheerleaders instead. They were at various universities from the American south, Mid-West, west and north west.

Dr Anderson, a former high school sports teacher in California and now a lecturer at the University of Bath in England, said the study showed that society’s increasing open-mindedness about homosexuality and decreasing stigma concerning sexual activity with other men had allowed sportsmen to speak more openly about these sexual activities. He found that this sex came in the form of two men and one woman, as well as just two men alone.

He said that the sexual acts described differed from acts of ‘hazing’ or team-bonding that often include pretend-homosexual acts.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That large a percentage just doesn't ring true to me. I'm not buyin it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I personally don't know I wrestled in high school and some in the Navy and there's nothing gayer looking than wrestling . I never met a gay wrestler.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I personally don't know I wrestled in high school and some in the Navy and there's nothing gayer looking than wrestling . I never met a gay wrestler.

Don't give up. I'm sure you can find one if you try real hard.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.ukgaynews.org.uk/Archive/07/Oct/2901.htm

A study of former high-school American football players has found that more than a third said they had had sexual relations with other men.

In his study of homosexuality among sportsmen in the United States, openly gay sociologist Dr Eric Anderson found that 19 in a sample of 47 had taken part in acts intended to sexually arouse other men, ranging from kissing to mutual masturbation and oral sex.

The 47 men, aged 18-23, were all American football players who previously played at the high school (secondary school) level but had failed to be picked for their university’s team and were now cheerleaders instead.
 They were at various universities from the American south, Mid-West, west and north west.

Dr Anderson, a former high school sports teacher in California and now a lecturer at the University of Bath in England, said the study showed that society’s increasing open-mindedness about homosexuality and decreasing stigma concerning sexual activity with other men had allowed sportsmen to speak more openly about these sexual activities.  He found that this sex came in the form of two men and one woman, as well as just two men alone.

He said that the sexual acts described differed from acts of ‘hazing’ or team-bonding that often include pretend-homosexual acts.

WOW...there is DESPERATION and then there is TEOTWAWKI DESPERATION.

Football is sorta gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Here Markle I see I have upset you...according to scientists this is the most relaxing tune ever made...now sit back forget you are a dummy and enjoy...

Markle

Markle

Upset?

Football is sorta gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. Dog-laughing

Just can't make these things up!  This is one of your most hysterical posts!

The HEAD of this "study" of 47 carefully chosen male college cheerleaders, is someone who is now openly gay and taught high school sports in California.  Gee...wonder why he left the country?

Keep up the good work, you do provide great comedic relief!

It is an interesting "finding", though I doubt its accuracy. I never played any team sports. Maybe some of our male posters, who played team sports can weigh in. Surely the close contact would enable them to observe that kind of behaviour - even if they didn't engage in it themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum