Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole.

+3
cool1
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. Winter_Weather.JPEG-0fc11

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. Winter_Weather_Georgia_.JPE1_1

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. 0

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. 140129113730-14-weather-0129-ireport-horizontal-gallery

Last edited by Bob on 1/30/2014, 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thank god we didn't have to stay stranded in our cars for ten hours and then have to spend the night sleeping on the floors in Home Depots and drug stores just to survive.

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. Article-2548037-1B0E78DF00000578-103_470x423

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. What-its-like-to-be-stuck-for-10-hours-in-traffic-and-then-spend-the-night-in-home-depot

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Home depot does have a rest room.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I knew I could never live in Atlanta a long time ago.  I was coming home from a 3000 mile business trip in a motorhome which was pulling a big covered utility trailer.  I had gone all over the east from Chicago to Connecticut.  I was coming south on I-85 and hit spaghetti junction (the perimeter) at 5:30 in the afternoon on a Friday.
It took an hour to move three miles.  I was watching people on foot walking beside the freeway who were making better time than I was.  So I says to hell with that and got off on the surface roads.  Somehow I took a bum turn and ended up dead-ending at the end of a commercial driveway.  The problem then was that the trailer was narrower than the motorhome.  And the driver could not see the trailer in the side mirrors.  Try backing up a trailer when you can't even see the damn thing.  It's impossible.  So we had to unhook and jack up the very heavy trailer and then manhandle it to turn it around 180 degrees without it falling off the jack which would have spelled disaster and wreckers.

After that,  I would rather have to live in Mumbai, India than have to live in that shithole rat race.

cool1

cool1

wow

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

and now for something completely different

Thank god we don't live in this hellhole. Bonus10

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

As a former teacher I can tell you we hoped never to be stuck in an overnight sleeping situation with our students in the classroom. This Atlanta disaster was even worse with kids stuck on school busses. OMG, where did they "go to the bathroom"? I feel sure our local school administrators were thanking their lucky stars that they had made the right decision and closed school for a few days while this cold snap moved through!

Bob wrote:I knew I could never live in Atlanta a long time ago.  I was coming home from a 3000 mile business trip in a motorhome which was pulling a big covered utility trailer.  I had gone all over the east from Chicago to Connecticut.  I was coming south on I-85 and hit spaghetti junction (the perimeter) at 5:30 in the afternoon on a Friday.
It took an hour to move three miles.  I was watching people on foot walking beside the freeway who were making better time than I was.  So I says to hell with that and got off on the surface roads.  Somehow I took a bum turn and ended up dead-ending at the end of a commercial driveway.  The problem then was that the trailer was narrower than the motorhome.  And the driver could not see the trailer in the side mirrors.  Try backing up a trailer when you can't even see the damn thing.  It's impossible.  So we had to unhook and jack up the very heavy trailer and then manhandle it to turn it around 180 degrees without it falling off the jack which would have spelled disaster and wreckers.

After that,  I would rather have to live in Mumbai, India than have to live in that shithole rat race.

Mumbai is the Indian rat race

othershoe1030 wrote:As a former teacher I can tell you we hoped never to be stuck in an overnight sleeping situation with our students in the classroom. This Atlanta disaster was even worse with kids stuck on school busses. OMG, where did they "go to the bathroom"? I feel sure our local school administrators were thanking their lucky stars that they had made the right decision and closed school for a few days while this cold snap moved through!

Well, I don't see how the admin in Atlanta even made he decision to go to school that day.

As for staying, really? What about teachers who had their own children to tend to?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Home depot does have a rest room.

Always a plus. Wink 

Sal

Sal

You know, Atlanta has a rapid transit system in place, but white people won't use it and resist expanding it because they think it's name - MARTA stands for "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta".

It's kind of funny that a lot of people who sit in their cars listening to Rush Limbaugh scream about big government got stuck in their cars howling at the moon about why the city has yet to plow them out.

Sal wrote:You know, Atlanta has a rapid transit system in place, but white people won't use it and resist expanding it because they think it's name - MARTA stands for "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta".

It's kind of funny that a lot of people who sit in their cars listening to Rush Limbaugh scream about big government got stuck in their cars howling at the moon about why the city has yet to plow them out.

MARTA is dangerous to use. Guess you haven't been up there in awhile and MARTA is set up not very conveniently and that is why the Braves are moving to Cobb County where their fans won't be accosted by ne'erdowells, druggies, thugs, prostitutes, etc. Facts are a bothersome thing.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:As a former teacher I can tell you we hoped never to be stuck in an overnight sleeping situation with our students in the classroom. This Atlanta disaster was even worse with kids stuck on school busses. OMG, where did they "go to the bathroom"? I feel sure our local school administrators were thanking their lucky stars that they had made the right decision and closed school for a few days while this cold snap moved through!

Well, I don't see how the admin in Atlanta even made he decision to go to school that day.

As for staying, really? What about teachers who had their own children to tend to?
Exactly, it was quite a mess; everyone agrees.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:You know, Atlanta has a rapid transit system in place, but white people won't use it and resist expanding it because they think it's name - MARTA stands for "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta".

Sounds as if at the very least they need to hire a slew of transit cops, install surveillance cameras (if they don't have them already) and possibly increase the frequency of service so it would be user-friendly.

I'm sure there are plenty of decent people of every color who would be willing to use a safe well run dependable rapid transit system. This is not rocket science. Many cities all over the world have good systems that millions of people depend on every day. Surely the system in Atlanta could be improved?

Love the "stuck in their cars listening to Rush" image, so true?

The problem is that it's pretty much a system that runs inside the perimeter of I-285. Everyone lives outside that perimeter and drives. It will cost too much to buy up the land needed to expand the system just as it was to build second loop around Atl.

Atlanta or surrounding county taxpayers don't want to foot the bill for something they won't ride.

Nobody in Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton, Cherokee and definitely Forsyth counties want to pay more taxes than they already do.

Sal likes to play the race card about something he has never experienced or lived. I wouldn't ride MARTA if you paid me to.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Buncha snobby white folk willing to pay extra and go through traffic hell just to feel safe and have some control of their lives. Who does that leave to play the Knockout game...how selfish.

Lol Teo yeah kind of hard to knockout a guy driving a Hummer or large, jacked up 4x4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The south has only two of the country's biggest metropolitan centers.  Atlanta and Miami.   Those are the only ones in the five million club.  
Miami doesn't have decent rapid transit either.  In fact Miami's Metrorail has only 24 miles of track compared to MARTA's 48 miles.
And remember,  the second largest metropolis (LA) in the country has relatively no rapid transit.

The reason is because all these newer bigger cities grew up almost exclusively around automobile transportation and limited access freeways.  Phoenix,  same thing.  Denver same thing.  Houston and Dallas,  same thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum