Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weather to close Pensacola NAS, other military sites

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Looks like they are closed.  Too much ice and snow.

Weather to close Pensacola NAS, other military sites Koreanwar3

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very Happy 

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Mr Ichi wrote:Looks like they are closed.  Too much ice and snow.

Weather to close Pensacola NAS, other military sites Koreanwar3

I didn't miss a single day of work all the time I was in Germany and never once saw a base closure. Here we are in Florida and they are closed NAS today at 1100 and will remain closed part of the day tomorrow. So to close bases in Florida is ludricrous.

The main bridge is iced over. In Germany, they have equipment and salt to make roads safe enough for winter driving. We don't have that here. If our county commissioners decided to purchase snowplows and road salt, I'd be the first to complain. We might not ever need it again in my lifetime.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

BirdyBack wrote:The main bridge is iced over.  In Germany, they have equipment and salt to make roads safe enough for winter driving.  We don't have that here.  If our county commissioners decided to purchase snowplows and road salt, I'd be the first to complain.  We might not ever need it again in my lifetime.

BB, they first reported that both gates were closed, then this morning they reported the Blue Angel gate as being open. Many roads leading to Hurlburt Field Eglin, with few bridges, so what is the answer for their closing?

My point is that places in Germany get as much snow as some places in Canada and even Chicago. In 7 years in Germany, I loved every single minute of it and would do it all over again if I had the chance.

At one time the Military was self sufficient. In the Army we cooked our own food, troops pulled KP. Stood all of our guard details, no rent a cops. When the weather got bad, we cleared the roads with what equipment we had. If there wasn't enough equipment then it was done by hand. Troops in the back of deuce and half's shoving sand and salt by hand. Nobody had to help us with anything. We helped others. They was a old saying "It doesn't rain in the Army" I am sure it held true for other branches of the service. I think pride alone would have kept any base/post from saying "We are closed today". I never saw it happen any where during my 4 years. It was not even a thought.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A comment from comment blog following the bridge and road closing story in the PNJ...

Weather to close Pensacola NAS, other military sites Shipps12

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One thing I've noticed about the internet versions of newspapers, magazines, television programs and other commercial media which is all now on the internet.

The reader comments are often just as thought-provoking as the story.

Bob wrote:A comment from comment blog following the bridge and road closing story in the PNJ...

He has a long commute if he has to go thru Alberta.
AL-41 N
150 mi, 2 hours 56 mins
AL-21 N
169 mi, 2 hours 58 mins
US-29 N

Driving directions to Alberta, Al

Elberta Al, Not so much
40.6 mi, 56 mins

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:
Bob wrote:A comment from comment blog following the bridge and road closing story in the PNJ...

He has a long commute if he has to go thru Alberta.
AL-41 N
150 mi, 2 hours 56 mins
AL-21 N
169 mi, 2 hours 58 mins
US-29 N

Driving directions to Alberta, Al

Elberta Al, Not so much
40.6 mi, 56 mins

He's also on the wrong highway if he wants to go through Elberta.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: