Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I reading this correctly?

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Am I reading this correctly? Empty Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 12:52 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.northescambia.com/2012/08/dump-your-kids-at-dump-camp

You can dump your kids at the local land fill?

Is this like summer camp for children of poor people?

If you are looking for something for your kids to do next week, you can send them to camp at the county’s landfill.

The Escambia County Department of Solid Waste invites kids to participate in “Dump your Kids at the Perdido Landfill for a Day!” camp on Wednesday, August 15 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. This one-day excursion to the Perdido Landfill allows kids, ages 6-12, to participate in fun-filled activities designed to teach the importance of the reduction of generated waste through source reduction, recycling, reuse or composting.

----------------

ok, this is a little to weird for me.

I can just imagine, I send my kids to the landfill for a trip, then they go to grandmas... grandma says, what did you do last weekend. Kids, I went to dump camp affraid

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I've never denied I'm a strange duck in some ways.

Maybe my parents sent me to some sort of Learn About the Dumps deal when I was little, because I LOVE to go with my husband to the dump. I am just amazed at the mountains they are building with atll that dump and waste!

And the birds....we see lots of crows, but we also see seabirds of all kinds. Ospreys, even!

At the place you go to dump the stuff out of your truck, the guys that work there have made a pretty park using people's leftover junk.

I LOVE IT. Next time I go, I'll take pictures of that little park. There are some artists in that bunch.

Bottom line: I'm a picker at heart, so going to the dump is like Christmas for me, even if the only thing we ever brought back was some tree-mulch for the front yard. They don't cotton to you picking up the edge of the plastic to see what's under there, doncha know.

Hubby often says he never knew he married a "dump-lady" until well after the guests left the wedding..........

And no, Gandhi, I wasn't brought up poor by any means. My grandfather used to let me tag along in Baltimore while he fixed all his row houses (he worked on them himself - he didn't have to, he just did>) I would hold his tool bag, and think I would think I was "all that."

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 8/13/2012, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PB, thats interesting and all. and I can appreciate it as I am a big fan of trying to find cloths from the 70's era to wear.

but this isnt refined at all and really I think its best we do not teach our kids to dig out of dumps. Unless thats our future. Suspect

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

When I was a youngster, my parents dropped be off at summer camp and forgot to pick me up. I had to hitch hike home. But it was atleast a real summer camp and not a land fill. And I saved the family gas money.

Sal

Sal

LMAO! Ghandi's parents drove him out into the woods and dumped him, but unfortunately for them he found his way home.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

*Secret_Angel* wrote:PB, thats interesting and all. and I can appreciate it as I am a big fan of trying to find cloths from the 70's era to wear.

but this isnt refined at all and really I think its best we do not teach our kids to dig out of dumps. Unless thats our future. Suspect

No, Chrissy, I don't think they are teaching them to dig in the dumps. That was ME who wanted (and still wants) to dig in dumps. I expect they don't let the children close to the dumps, in reality. It would be way cool if the children could be shown the park that was built from dump scraps, but that might encourage little minds to dig when they shoudn't. Too many germs, too many diseaseas!

I guess my parents didn't realize I would take the phrase "one man's trash is another man's treasure" so seriously. I'm ruined, I tell ya. Ruined for life. Shocked

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:LMAO! Ghandi's parents drove him out into the woods and dumped him, but unfortunately for them he found his way home.

Why do I have to be nice and other people can be ass holes?

PBulldog2 wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:PB, thats interesting and all. and I can appreciate it as I am a big fan of trying to find cloths from the 70's era to wear.

No, Chrissy, I don't think they are teaching them to dig in the dumps. That was ME who wanted (and still wants) to dig in dumps. I expect they don't let the children close to the dumps, in reality. It would be way cool if the children could be shown the park that was built from dump scraps, but that might encourage little minds to dig when they shoudn't. Too many germs, too many diseaseas!

I guess my parents didn't realize I would take the phrase "one man's trash is another man's treasure" so seriously. I'm ruined, I tell ya. Ruined for life. Shocked

dont you think all of that teaches kids its ok to dig in dumps? I do

i dont think its ok to dig in dumps. there are all kinds of things in dumps. hazardous things.

why cant they just go to a second hand store? thats other peoples treasure.

10Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:11 pm

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:LMAO! Ghandi's parents drove him out into the woods and dumped him, but unfortunately for them he found his way home.

you dont. let it rip.

11Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:12 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

My husband once said to me, after we'd been married for about a year, that he married me because I am such a "lady" while he, on the other hand, had always been a rusty, dusty, ironworker way up in the sky.

Then he told me figured out I was in fact a "dump lady". I still kept a little refinement in my new title. Very Happy

12Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:15 pm

Sal

Sal

ghandi wrote:

Sheesh. It was just a joke. Don't provide such great straight lines if you can't take a joke, ya thin-skinned pansy. Very Happy

13Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:16 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:

My husband once said to me, after we'd been married for about a year, that he married me because I am such a "lady" while he, on the other hand, had always been a rusty, dusty, ironworker way up in the sky.

Then he told me figured out I was in fact a "dump lady". I still kept a little refinement in my new title. Very Happy

LOL

thats fine<youre an adult>

but this type of thing does teach kids to dump dig and I am against that.

its not a message I want to send to my children.

I would prefer they find a way to purchase thier items with the labor they do for thier cash. Not digging through others peoples garbage.

14Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:19 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I told ya I have some strange eccentricities. Loving to go to the dump is one of them. I would never encourage children to play in the dump, but they do need to learn what happens to that Coke can they threw away at lunch.

Also, they would probably never forget the "Dump Park" that the workers all put together with stones and forms of metal. It's pretty! The lesson there would be that waste can and should be used again rather than left to languish under the earth forever.

But touching and climbing the dumps? No. That's reserved for the guys with the moon suits and masks.

15Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:20 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Sheesh. It was just a joke. Don't provide such great straight lines if you can't take a joke, ya thin-skinned pansy. Very Happy

I see this as an attack from someone who is ashamed of himself and needs to try to pick on those who are better than him to try and make himself feel good about who he is, or isn't.

Good luck sal. I really hope you can improve your situation and feel good about who you really are.

Peace, out.

When did we reach the stage when you thought insulting jokes were acceptable between us?

16Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:27 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
ghandi wrote:

you dont. let it rip.

You do. Zip it up. BTW, I like your avatar. We have dreamweavers all over the house.

17Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:27 pm

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

I see this as an attack from someone who is ashamed of himself and needs to try to pick on those who are better than him to try and make himself feel good about who he is, or isn't.

Good luck sal. I really hope you can improve your situation and feel good about who you really are.

Peace, out.

When did we reach the stage when you thought insulting jokes were acceptable between us?

Shock collars can be sexy if used right.

18Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:30 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:
ghandi wrote:

you dont. let it rip.

You do. Zip it up. BTW, I like your avatar. We have dreamweavers all over the house.

why does he have to zip it up?

no one else does.

You dump diver Laughing

19Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:31 pm

ghandi wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

come on Chief. stop whining and cowboy up. you will be fine if you just accept the fact that you are not at the top of the food chain.

i'm not either. it's not the end of the world. there's nothing wrong with being a regular guy.

20Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:33 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

You people complained about me enough to get me banned while I never complained once. And you call me thin skinned?

How many times did you send complaints to the mods or boards?

Double standards at work. please drive carefully.

21Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:35 pm

thread_bear wrote:
ghandi wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

come on Chief. stop whining and cowboy up. you will be fine if you just accept the fact that you are not at the top of the food chain.

i'm not either. it's not the end of the world. there's nothing wrong with being a regular guy.

theres no food chain here. only a make believe bunch of shit, mostly directed by a bunch of make beleive bunch of posers.

neither of you should buy into any story about some food chain here.

if you do, youve given up a part of yourself to a bunch of fucking assholes who dont deserve it.

its a nasty little game here. You know it better than most.

The best thing anyone can do for themself here is to be who they are.

because thats all you got to be satisfied.

22Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:37 pm

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Peace, out.

Shock collars can be sexy if used right.

Why do you always have to gross people out w/ your sex stuff? Nobody does that kind of shit but you! Ughh!

23Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:37 pm

and PB is still a dump diver LOL Laughing

24Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:45 pm

Sal

Sal

ghandi wrote:
You people complained about me enough to get me banned while I never complained once. And you call me thin skinned?

I've never sent a complaint of any kind to boards. I think silencing bigots is counterproductive. Better to allow you to spew forth your vomitous invectives for all to see. Everyone should know what kind of cretins inhabit the modern conservative movement.

25Am I reading this correctly? Empty Re: Am I reading this correctly? 8/13/2012, 7:47 pm

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

I never complained about you to Boards. I took it like the woman I am and gave it back to the man you wasn't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum