Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Martin Luther King Day

+6
dumpcare
knothead
QueenOfHearts
Joanimaroni
Yella
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Martin Luther King Day Empty Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 10:12 am

2seaoat

How far have we really come?
http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-angry-post-game-interview-leads-predictable-racist-tweets/??utm_source=Fox%20Sports&utm_medium=taboola&utm_campaign=Fox%20Sports

2Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 10:54 am

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:How far have we really come?
http://fansided.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-angry-post-game-interview-leads-predictable-racist-tweets/??utm_source=Fox%20Sports&utm_medium=taboola&utm_campaign=Fox%20Sports

If I had a dog as ugly as this nasty looking Neanderthal throwback I would shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

3Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:07 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Completely hyped up after a tremendous win. He never once said anything that required bleeping. He focused on the camera and made his comments while on an emotional and physical high. That's what he does....he does it before and during games to keep himself and his team pumped.

4Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:14 am

It pumps up the other team too. After the game it would be better sportsmanship to tone it down some.

5Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:17 am

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Joanimaroni wrote:Completely hyped up after a tremendous win. He never once said anything that required bleeping.  He focused on the camera and made his comments while on an emotional and physical high.  That's what he does....he does it before and during games to keep himself and his team pumped.

His team just won. His team is going to the Super Bowl. His comments are only about himself and how great he is.  Rolling Eyes 

6Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:21 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Completely hyped up after a tremendous win. He never once said anything that required bleeping.  He focused on the camera and made his comments while on an emotional and physical high.  That's what he does....he does it before and during games to keep himself and his team pumped.

His team just won.  His team is going to the Super Bowl.  His comments are only about himself and how great he is.   Rolling Eyes 

His comments should have been about him and his team......not about Crabtree.

7Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 12:59 pm

knothead

knothead

No class . . . . none . . !!!

8Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 3:53 pm

dumpcare

No, he tried to shake hands with crabtree immediately after the play and crabtree pushed him by his face mask, I would have said the same thing. He said nothing wrong.

9Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 5:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I'm torn on this one.....

Sherman did not exhibit any class during his on field interview.......he did not have his emotions intact and did not control his frustrations after having been rejected by Crabtree. Hard to do I imagine, when you consider the facts..he just made an incredible play that won his team a Super Bowl spot. Crabtree on the other hand missed the oppurtunity to put his team in the Super Bowl....everything their teams worked for all season came down to a win or lose play.......a play that was literally worth millions.

Having class goes hand in hand with self control. We all get emotionally upset and frustrated....all of us. It is part of life. How we handle our impulses, emotions,  and frustrations sets us apart. Personal development and class......that is the key to being able to exhibit self control.....without it you cannot keep your emotions, mood, and impulses under any  control. We've all seen people that can not control themselves....on a regular basis they lose it....sometimes over nothing at all.

SELF-CONTROL-- Sherman's off field interview was relaxed and controlled....quite different from his on field explosive reaction....a reaction that was loud and not very favorable towards Crabtree. However, he remained focused and expressed his feeling without being bleeped at all. Hot headed--emotional but still very condescending to Crabtree.

In edit....his actions and words were an embarrassment to himself, his teammates and the organization. He needs to work on his personal development.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 1/20/2014, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

10Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 5:34 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I didn't watch any of this or know the story but stupid people want these men to go on the field and hit like Buffalo and battle to victory and when they get their blood up they say shame on them. It's like expecting a gladiator to act civil after killing a guy that just tried to gut him.

11Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 5:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:No class . . . . none . . !!!

cheers 

12Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 5:58 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:How far have we really come?

Other than showing you're one of the most racist people on this site, what in the world does Martin Luther King Day have to do with Richard Sherman?

13Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 6:11 pm

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:I'm torn on this one.....

Sherman did not exhibit any class during his on field interview.......he did not have his emotions intact and did not control his frustrations after having been rejected by Crabtree. Hard to do I imagine, when you consider the facts..he just made an incredible play that won his team a Super Bowl spot. Crabtree on the other hand missed the oppurtunity to put his team in the Super Bowl....everything their teams worked for all season came down to a win or lose play.......a play that was literally worth millions.

Having class goes hand in hand with self control. We all get emotionally upset and frustrated....all of us. It is part of life. How we handle our impulses, emotions,  and frustrations sets us apart. Personal development and class......that is the key to being able to exhibit self control.....without it you cannot keep your emotions, mood, and impulses under any  control. We've all seen people that can not control themselves....on a regular basis they lose it....sometimes over nothing at all.

SELF-CONTROL-- Sherman's off field interview was relaxed and controlled....quite different from his on field explosive reaction....a reaction that was loud and not very favorable towards Crabtree. However, he remained focused and expressed his feeling without being bleeped at all. Hot headed--emotional but still very condescending to Crabtree.

In edit....his actions and words were an embarrassment to himself, his teammates and the organization. He needs to work on his personal development.

I don't see the big deal. Sorry.

Apparently this began last summer at a golf tournament in which both players participated.

From Fox Sports:

But why? Where did the bad blood between the two players start? The Seattle Times shed some light on the issue on Sunday night.

Sherman apparently has had it in for Crabtree since the two took part in Larry Fitzgerald's charity golf tournament in Arizona last summer. Sherman went to shake Crabtree's hand and the latter tried to start a fight, according to Sherman's brother Branton.

"I'm going to make a play and embarrass him," Sherman said that day.

Well, he did.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/what-s-the-story-behind-sherman-s-beef-with-crabtree-012014?gt1=39002

14Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 6:20 pm

Well... that changes my mind some. I still think he should've used more restraint in the moment on live tv...

but taking a jab at the guy doesn't bother me. Maybe on twitter. The rivalries seem tame today to me.

15Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 6:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Well... that changes my mind some. I still think he should've used more restraint in the moment on live tv...

but taking a jab at the guy doesn't bother me. Maybe on twitter. The rivalries seem tame today to me.

No love lost with those two teams. The only real perspective is to listen to interviews done after the Bronco/Patriot game.

16Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 6:35 pm

Sal

Sal

What??

An outrageously compensated man trained to react violently and impulsively, and treated by millions as though he were some kind of demigod, behaved outside the lines of proper decorum??

Whoda thunk it?

17Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 7:27 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:What??

An outrageously compensated man trained to react violently and impulsively, and treated by millions as though he were some kind of demigod, behaved outside the lines of proper decorum??

Whoda thunk it?

How is he "outrageously compensated"? According to some news reports, he earns about $555,000.00 a year. Yes, many people admire his talent and abilities. So what? IF you could do what he does, you too would make over half a million a year and be admired by many.

18Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 7:31 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I agree if people suffer from arrested development and want to watch grown men play kids games then whatever the market will bear.

Millionaires in tights playing for their billionaire owners. Yup we got circuses and bread galore..

19Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 7:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I agree if people suffer from arrested development and want to watch grown men play kids games then whatever the market will bear.

Millionaires in tights playing for their billionaire owners. Yup we got circuses and bread galore..

I don't mind the tights.  Embarassed 

20Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 8:15 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I agree if people suffer from arrested development and want to watch grown men play kids games then whatever the market will bear.

I don't mind the tights.  Embarassed 

Yes like Kissinger said, power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

21Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 8:21 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I don't mind the tights.     Embarassed 

He should know. May his karma come tomorrow to haunt him for the rest of his days...and may they be short.

22Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 8:37 pm

cheers to mlk day. where the idea is too judge by character and not by skin tone.

and thumbs down to idiotic race baiters who only seem to bait their hook one way because he is limited in his exposure to black people.

23Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 10:28 pm

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Was that supposed to make some sort of sense? No, no of course not.

24Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:30 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Was that supposed to make some sort of sense?  No, no of course not.

Well yes it makes very good sense when you understand English and women. Power is a turn on for women, muscles, money, or courage...guess you never had the pleasure.

25Martin Luther King Day Empty Re: Martin Luther King Day 1/20/2014, 11:37 pm

2seaoat

Well yes it makes very good sense when you understand English and women. Power is a turn on for women, muscles, money, or courage...guess you never had the pleasure.

Wow.......to think we had Don Juan on our forum.....the sheer power makes the woman on this forum have a very hard time controlling themselves......I guess on MLK's birthday, this post explains why Hoover was taping the man.....his power was a turn on for women........and to think we have someone on this forum who has had this pleasure......I learn something new each day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum