Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What has happened to the "host an image" function on this forum software?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ever since I've been here I've made a lot of use of this feature.
All I had to do was have an image stored on my hard drive and when I wanted to display that image in a post it was simply a matter of clicking on he "host an image" icon and then finding the image in the search field.

As of this morning I can no longer do that.  When I click on the "host an image" icon,  it now won't let me do anything unless I download some kind of ridiculous program to my computer.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Ever since I've been here I've made a lot of use of this feature.
All I had to do was have an image stored on my hard drive and when I wanted to display that image in a post it was simply a matter of clicking on he "host an image" icon and then finding the image in the search field.

As of this morning I can no longer do that.  When I click on the "host an image" icon,  it now won't let me do anything unless I download some kind of ridiculous program to my computer.

I have seen the quirks you are talking about. You can get around it if you play with it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob, I click on preview after coping the link and put the link in the preview section.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:Bob, I click on preview after coping the link and put the link in the preview section.

But when it happens I can't even create the link anymore, joani. When I try to get the "host an image" function to create a link, all that happens is the post window is filled with a graphic which tells me I have to download a software program to create the link.

But Z is correct. Whatever is happening is intermitent. I just clicked on the "host an image" link now and it gave me the "upload your image" window like it always has.

It's really weird. I think "forummotion" or whatever is hosting this forum is giving me the bullshit every once in a while to get me to download it, probably because forummotion gets a cut off of it if I do.

boards of FL

boards of FL

No idea, but you can host whatever images you want at imgur.com.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum