Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biblical scholar smacks down trap by piers Morgan on whether or not Christ condemned homosexuality

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Sorry Dreams it's very real.

It is for all you people who live in fear about myths and superstitions. If aliens came from another world tomorrow and told you this was a world created by them and took control you would still believe you were going to heaven. This is what religion does to people. Our families have done us a terrible injustice.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:That doesn't happen without thousands of people praying for me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was your doctors.

Even the cardiologist could not explain it. HE said something should have been there, even scar tissue. There was NADA.

Then either the original diagnosis or the latter cardiologist is wrong.  A bunch of people imagining a conversation with a non-existent character has no impact on your arteries.  I know this must sound crazy to you, but trust me.

After having been in the medical field for so many years, I can assure you there are outcomes that cannot be explained medically or logically. My grandfather was one such case.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There are plenty of miracles all around us every day; we just tend to take things for granted. As for PeeDog, he would like to justify hatred of a group of individuals based on Biblical passages. I find that hilarious, in a sick sort of way. I don't think that was quite what Jesus had in mind.

No hatred. None of those passages talks about hatred.

Jesus was as much a Jew as the rest, his difference was that he never sinned. He kept the law like other Jews and pointed out where Pharisees were coming up short which was one of many reasons they wanted him dead.

For all the nonbelievers, what do you have to lose?

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Even the cardiologist could not explain it. HE said something should have been there, even scar tissue. There was NADA.

Then either the original diagnosis or the latter cardiologist is wrong.  A bunch of people imagining a conversation with a non-existent character has no impact on your arteries.  I know this must sound crazy to you, but trust me.

After having been in the medical field for so many years, I can assure you there are outcomes that cannot be explained medically or logically. My grandfather was one such case.

Just because we do not understand something does not mean there was divine intervention. If there is a God, I am disappointed in him for all the horror in the world.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Just because we do not understand something does not mean there was divine intervention. If there is a God, I am disappointed in him for all the horror in the world.

If you believe in a God, you also know and believe in the Devil.  Of course there is evil in the world.  There are evil people.

Your, and others choice to be a heathen, bothers me not in the least, your choice.  Why do people of faith frighten you so much?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Why do people of faith frighten you so much?

People of faith aren't frightening...it's people who exploit others in the name of "faith"...and people who are so stunningly ignorant that they render themselves exploitable.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

If you believe in a God, you also know and believe in the Devil.  Of course there is evil in the world.  There are evil people.

Your, and others choice to be a heathen, bothers me not in the least, your choice.  Why do people of faith frighten you so much?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pierretristam.com/Bobst/07/wf081507.htm

Biblical scholar smacks down trap by piers Morgan  on whether or not  Christ condemned homosexuality  - Page 2 0815-bush-god

1. I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it." Sharm el-Sheikh August 2003.

2. I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job.
Statement made during campaign visit to Amish community, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Jul. 9, 2004

3. I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth. I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God. We are in no way, shape, or form should a human being, play God. Washington, D.C., Jan. 14, 2005

4. God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear. Los Angeles, California, Mar. 3, 2004

5. I tell people all the time, you're equally American if you're a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. You're equally American if you believe in an Almighty or don't believe in an Almighty. That's a sacred freedom.
Washington, D.C., Mar. 10, 2006

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Markle,I don't believe in the devil. It is a fairy tale made up by humans and I am concerned about people of faith-not frightened- when they are fanatics. They are dangerous to society as a whole when that happens.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Markle,I don't believe in the devil. It is a fairy tale made up by humans and I am concerned about people of faith-not frightened- when they are fanatics. They are dangerous to society as a whole when that happens.

Yes, and as a heathen, we all have seen how well you turned out.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Yes, and as a heathen, we all have seen how well you turned out.

Right...and you're such a paragon of virtue.

by Floridatexan on 12/28/2013, 12:28 pm

Why do people of faith frighten you so much?

People of faith aren't frightening...it's people who exploit others in the name of "faith"...and people who are so stunningly ignorant that they render themselves exploitable.
------
Isn't that their choice?

People exploit each other in the name of more than religion.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:For all the nonbelievers, what do you have to lose?

The chance we may turn out like you.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:For all the nonbelievers, what do you have to lose?

there's nothing wrong with him.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/sexandgender/6801/the_not_so_lofty_origins_of_the_evangelical_pro_life_movement_/

The Not-So-Lofty Origins of the Evangelical Pro-Life Movement

"As the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade passed, evangelical leaders marked the occasion with histories of how their community took up the anti-abortion cause. Mark Galli, editor-in-chief of Christianity Today, (with whom I engaged in a discussion-via-blog-post this past fall) has suggested the movement formed out of grassroots reflection on “the terrible and inevitable consequences of legalized abortion.” Albert Mohler, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary president, insisted it arose from moral outrage triggered by Roe v. Wade.

Both histories provide pristine portraits of the origins of the evangelical right, suggesting its founders based their advocacy on scholarly assessments and aspired to noble political ends. But a history can be told that is significantly less flattering.

The right-wing evangelical movement was not an immediate backlash to Roe v. Wade. The evangelical community, unlike Roman Catholicism, showed little interest in combating abortion until almost 1980. As Jerry Falwell lamented in 1979, “The Roman Catholic Church for many years has stood virtually alone against abortion. I think it’s an indictment against the rest of us that we’ve allowed them to stand alone.”

Although evangelicals were mostly silent on abortion after Roe v. Wade, they were not silent on other political issues. Paul Weyrich, one of the evangelical right’s most influential founders, recalls that the movement initially emerged to defend racially segregated Christian schools from government intrusion:

[W]hat galvanized the Christian community was not abortion, school prayer, or the ERA [Equal Rights Amendment]. I am living witness to that because I was trying to get those people interested in those issues and I utterly failed. What changed their minds was Jimmy Carter’s intervention against the Christian schools, trying to deny them tax-exempt status on the basis of so-called de facto segregation..."

---------------------------

http://www.publiceye.org/eyes/sd_theo.html

On the Road to Political Power and Theocracy

By Sara Diamond

"The past two decades have seen a growing symbiosis between the mass movement of evangelical Christians and the Republican Party. Since the 1968 presidential election, when nearly 10 million Americans voted for segregationist Alabama Governor George Wallace, the Republicans have worked to broaden the class base of their party downward. That has meant following Wallace's lead in using issues of race, crime, and "morality" to attract white middle and lower middle class voters.

In the mid-1970s and 1980s, Gallup poll surveys showed that one-quarter to one-third of the US population identified itself as "born-again" evangelicals. Most of them have become politically active only since about 1980. Certainly not all are right-wing, but their numbers are large and numbers win elections. In June 1994, a New York Times poll revealed that about 9 percent of a national sample identified themselves as part of the Christian Right.

The handwriting was on the wall for anyone who cared to read. Since 1975, leaders of the Christian Right have built one organization after another, with the avowed purpose of winning state power, i.e. the power to influence, if not dictate, public policy. Leaders of the Christian Right worked hand-in-glove with the Reagan and Bush administrations to wage murderous wars on civilians in Central America and southern Africa. Meanwhile, the North American left cackled along with the rest of the country at the ridiculous TV preacher scandals, which diverted people's attention from the really important players in the Christian Right. While everyone else was laughing, the Christian Right grew into the most formidable mass movement on the political scene today. We will enter the new millennium with the Christian Right in positions of state power.

Exit poll data indicate that about 25 percent of the people who voted in November 1994 were white evangelical Christians. Among these, about two-thirds voted Republican. There was nothing "stealth" about it. The stated agenda of the Christian Right in 1994 was to help deliver the Senate and Congress to the Republicans-and to credibly claim credit for doing just that. Each time around, the Christian Right is doing a better job of getting its people to the polls. In the 1992 presidential election, about 18 percent of the voters were self-identified white evangelicals. The figure for the 1990 midterm election was 15 percent.

The trend began in the late 1970s when the Christian Right registered several million new voters to vote for Ronald Reagan. In 1980, when Reagan won with only 26 percent of the eligible electorate, white evangelical voters accounted for two-thirds of Reagan's ten-point lead over Jimmy Carter. Then in 1984, the Christian Right pulled out all the stops to re-elect Reagan. In 1992, despite Bush's defeat, exit poll data showed that there were only two constituencies consistently loyal to the Republican Party: people with incomes over $200,000 a year, who are few in number, and the Christian Right..."

by Dreamsglore Today at 6:15 pm
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

by Chrissy Today at 6:38 pm
Dreamsglore wrote:

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with him.
-----
Ty Chrissy.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum