Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OBAMACARE IS WORKING EVEN FOR REPUBLICANS!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/obamacare-working-even-republicans

lol!

2seaoat

Its working and I have a poker game with some folks Friday who hate President Obama. This should be fun listening to the comments. The exchanges will get stronger and stronger each year, and the cow is out of the barn.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Why are the Dems fighting this???????????????????

WASHINGTON-- Today, the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW) praised the House of Representatives for passing H.R. 2775, sponsored by Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.). The bill would ensure that federal subsidies for individuals and families applying to the exchanges under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), or Obamacare, would be subject to income verification, as required by the law. The bill passhing ted by a vote of 235-191. The Senate version, S. 1455, was introduced on August 1, 2013 by Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.).

Rep. Black’s legislation would suspend any subsidies to applicants until the HHS Secretary can certify that there is a program in place to verify applicants’ income and coverage requirements. Following passage of the bill, Rep. Black stated that “There is no reason for Harry Reid and Members of the Senate not to protect taxpayers from fraud and abuse and follow the House’s lead by passing my legislation without delay.”According to multiple sources, including The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced in July that it would not be able to verify income eligibility for applicants to health exchanges when they open on October 1, 2013. The department plans to allow applicants to “self-attest” to projected household income and whether or not they are already covered by health insurance though their employers. For at least a year, and in contravention of the PPACA, the exchanges will simply accept applicants’ claims on household income at face value, with no additional requests for proof of validity.

Although the bill passed, it was opposed by 191 Democrats, with only five voting in favor. House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) dismissed the potential for fraud and the significant losses to taxpayers, and released a statement alleging that the bill was only another attempt to repeal the PPACA by undermining its implementation.

“H.R. 2775 would not only help safeguard taxpayers from the predations of fraudsters and save potentially billions of dollars, it also has the added bonus of complying with federal law. The application platform for the health exchanges should not move forward until the verification system is in place and working reliably to ensure that federal subsidies are going only to those who truly need them,” said CCAGW President Tom Schatz. “This bill coincides with CCAGW’s goal of eliminating fraud and waste in the healthcare system; it is simple common sense.”

The Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW) is the lobbying arm of Citizens Against Government Waste, the nation’s largest nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in government.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

The exchange most certainly does verify income sources (or lack of.) It has ever since the start. To say it doesn't is dishonest (not you, Stormy, the proponents of this bill.)

In my opinion, this bill is just another way for the Tea Party folks to block the subsidies that are being provided to people who need them.

Are any of you aware that the exchange is based on projected income, not income for 2013? If the income is incorrect at the end of 2014, or if a person obtains another source of income during 2013 and doesn't report it to the exchange (as all participants are required to do), that person will be liable for additional taxes and penalties.

Now tell me, anyone:  How is income for 2014 going to be accurately verified until the end of 2014?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PBulldog2 wrote:The exchange most certainly does verify income sources (or lack of.) It has ever since the start. To say it doesn't is dishonest (not you, Stormy, the proponents of this bill.)

In my opinion, this bill is just another way for the Tea Party folks to block the subsidies that are being provided to people who need them.

Are any of you aware that the exchange is based on projected income, not income for 2013? If the income is incorrect at the end of 2014, or if a person obtains another source of income during 2013 and doesn't report it to the exchange (as all participants are required to do), that person will be liable for additional taxes and penalties.

[b][b]Now tell me, anyone:  How is income for 2014 going to be accurately
verified until the end of 2014?
[/b]
[/b]

Good point, PB.  I know that I can't.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Was that an answer, Stormy? I asked how income for 2014 is going to be accurately verified until the end of 2014, when taxes are filed. It is all projected income until then. There is NO WAY to verify projected income, at least not that I am aware of.

What am I missing here? Does this bill even suggest a means by which to verify projected income, or do they suggest basing participation in the exchange on income for 2013?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your comment a minute ago. All I saw was a copy of my own post.

2seaoat

This is almost too funny. Let me see if I can grasp the logic. Folks who have special interests which they need to protect want the Affordable Care Act to fail. So they scream it is unconstitutional. They lose that battle. They next scream that nobody will sign up and that the act will collapse under its own weight. Now that it is obvious that American families both Republican and Democratic are rejoicing in getting coverage.......we need a new bill which will stop the rampant fraud of all the people who are fudging on their subsidy applications. There are well established penalties for any application to the government for benefits where the applicant lies, or makes a mistake. Penalties and criminal actions will follow........but this is too funny.......with nobody signing up......the first priority is to stop applications until they can create a second legislative safeguard to stop fraud........kind of reminds me of voter fraud and the Iowa initiative which out of 2 million ballots cast they found guilty five people........more likely getting hit by lightening twice in the same day. You cannot make this logic up.

the employer mandate was supposed to help verify income.

nor will states have to verify reported income, which determines a person’s eligibility for a premium subsidy. Income verification has been postponed until 2015. However, consumers who misrepresent their income on the application for exchange coverage are subject to a penalty of up to $25,000. What, if any impact this has on employer reporting requirements is uncertain.

anyone saying we have absolute income verification is a liar.

http://petersmilam.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/large-employer-mandate-and-income-verification-postponed/

anywho..... obamacare is NOT working. we have people calling us thinking they have insurance and guess what? they dont, they just went on the exchange.

You people are trying to say its working when MILLIONS of people have LOST thier coverage just because a few poeple got on? oh brother.  Rolling Eyes 

and this is just talking about trying to get a insurance card lmao.... the other side of it with cuts, dropping providers, dropping coverage for certain services whew weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I would really hate to know what your idea of failure is LOL

2seaoat

I liken this logic to some congressman after Ivan suggesting that FEMA applications cannot be verified as to income, therefore we should suspend all FEMA grants until we have a better verification of incomes on each and every application, and that applications should be suspended until that system is put in place.......oh by the way......we will never let it get out of committee so you folks who are needing help from the government......pound on sand. How can people be so naive to fall for this pure propaganda which only intends to advance the special interests who are threatened by the free market transparency in policy reviews, and caps on administrative profits......do you really think the American people are against the Affordable Care Act, or do you realize who is pouring money into the propaganda. Incredible naive analysis. To not understand the existing deterrence to fraud in getting federal benefits...........well ask the folks who tried to cheat on the BP money..........they got prosecuted, or they were denied benefits.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:the employer mandate was supposed to help verify income.

nor will states have to verify reported income, which determines a person’s eligibility for a premium subsidy. Income verification has been postponed until 2015. However, consumers who misrepresent their income on the application for exchange coverage are subject to a penalty of up to $25,000. What, if any impact this has on employer reporting requirements is uncertain.

http://petersmilam.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/large-employer-mandate-and-income-verification-postponed/

anywho..... obamacare is NOT working. we have people calling us thinking they have insurance and guess what? they dont, they just went on the exchange.

You people are trying to say its working when MILLIONS of people have LOST thier coverage just because a few poeple got on? oh brother.  Rolling Eyes 

and this is just talking about trying to get a insurance card lmao.... the other side of it with cuts, dropping providers, dropping coverage for certain services whew weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I would really hate to know what your idea of failure is LOL

Chrissy, we won't have "absolute income verification" until the end of 2014. Don't forget there are a lot of self-employed and small businesses out there that may not be in a position to accurately project their income for 2014. I think they are the people we are talking about, not income verification that will have to be done by employers.

And Seaoat is right. There will be penalties for those who lie about their income.

2seaoat

And Seaoat is right. There will be penalties for those who lie about their income.

I am certain that folks tell white lies on their income tax returns. I am certain that people expand their resumes. I am certain that a person trying to get a loan makes their financial statement as favorable as they can, and after a hurricane, they most certainly take it the other direction.

However, this bill which Stormy is surprised that Democrats were against sought to stop the application process. This great bill once passed would have given the entire power of implementing the Affordable Care Act which is a law already passed back into committee in the house......where history was made this year as the most unproductive Congress in the history of this country. Are people really this naive, or in the pursuit of denying Americans coverage under health plans, are people so inherently selfish that they would suspend reality and think this bill was about stopping fraud? I cannot stop laughing about three months of how nobody is signing up for the Affordable care act, and now we need special legislation to stop the rampant fraud.......priceless.

knothead

knothead

Congressman Hoyer said it best when he stated it was nothing but another attempt to undermine the ACA. Mr. Oats laid out in no uncertain language the ridiculous position(s) being taken to stop the implementation. It's both pathetic but also humorous . . . . these people cannot be taken seriously as they are obsessed with throwing stones at the President hoping one will land!

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Hmmm.....I never considered it that way. First, nobody was signing up, and now, we MUST combat the rampant fraud because oh-so-many people are signing up!

Laughing 

So now you're trying to say people got coverage dropped and they weren't notified? I guess this is Obama's fault too?

PBulldog2 wrote:

Chrissy, we won't have "absolute income verification" until the end of 2014. Don't forget there are a lot of self-employed and small businesses out there that may not be in a position to accurately project their income for 2014. I think they are the people we are talking about, not income verification that will have to be done by employers.

the initial plan was to go by your 2013 income, but that part also was delayed.

its 2015 that that part will now be expected enforced. I showed you the link to get the information, including the penalties.

seaoat is not right about a damn thing on this subject. he reads a few bais articles and thinks he has it all figured out lol what a laugh

seriously though, its pointless to even discuss this topic with any of you.

you will over look the obvious truth. and that is MILLIONS of people have LOST their insurance while fewer have gained it and not near enough to support the program. not to mention the only things that have been a success are the cuts and extensive regulations, drops of services and providers. < if this is a success to you, then so be it. Just lets me know the desperation or either the definition of what some of you call a success.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum