Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whatever separates you from God is evil.

+7
cool1
boards of FL
Markle
Ghost Rider
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Matt 7 :13“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Remember the rich young ruler that couldn't give up his money because he loved it more than God ?...Those stories are to let us know whatever walls you off from God needs disposed of...

or this :

Matt18:6“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

We can't undo the Bible because of our particular forbidden fruit all we can do is resist and trust in Jesus...

Here we go again. Pushing fear and condemnation w/ myths and fairy tales invented by man.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Here we go again. Pushing fear and condemnation w/ myths and fairy tales invented by man.

It would be good for you if that were true....

A rational person will read many books to search for answers of the unknown.
A religious person will read ONE book and think he knows everything.
Yay for secular history and science that has expose the myths and superstitions of ancient religions and especially the secular history of bible.

Oh it is true. What do you call believing in myths and superstitions? Religion, I guess. God supposedly gave you a mind so why do you choose not to use it? Fear?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You remind me of a verse in the the Book of Mormon I found in my study of it...
2 Nephi Chapter 29

6 Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?

7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the cearth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

Many Gentiles will reject the Book of Mormon—They will say, We need no more Bible—The Lord speaks to many nations—He will judge the world out of the books which will be written. About 559–545 B.C.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Oh it is true. What do you call believing in myths and superstitions? Religion, I guess. God supposedly gave you a mind so why do you choose not to use it? Fear?

Fine eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die....

DennisT wrote:A rational person will read many books to search for answers of the unknown.
Yay for secular history and science that has expose the myths and superstitions of ancient religions and especially the secular history of bible.

sock, get thee into the halls of science to find God. Because God created all including science.

Sock, to thrust yourself and make a claim why run? stand tall sock. stand tall and make your claim heard.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Oh it is true. What do you call believing in myths and superstitions? Religion, I guess. God supposedly gave you a mind so why do you choose not to use it? Fear?

Fine eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die....

God wants us to be happy. He wants us to work, do right by others and rejoice at our salvation after this life of toil has passed.

dreams however is just a very bitter and angry person. she should be pitied more than even I. Although I don't feel I need to be pitied LOL just that some claim that.  Razz 

If God created science he certainly contradicts himself.LOL!

Dreams the blasphemer

Dreamsglore wrote:If God created science he certainly contradicts himself.LOL!

You wouldn't know a contradiction in science if it sat on your face.

You simply have no real foundation or care to have one either way or the other. You made your easiest choice and spout off with a hate like mantra any time it comes up.

I still believe deep down in side, you know the truth and fight so hard to not let it out.

It will come out though when the time is near. unless you get hit by a car or something and die in the blink of an eye without time to be given the chance to be forgiven.

What is the problem with some of you bible god believers.
Is it too hard for you to understand secular history.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

DennisT wrote:What is the problem with some of you bible god believers.

Thank you for bringing your enlightened genius to our humble board now why don't you break forth the knowledge of the ages to us humble peasants ? Or you could just keep spouting Bullshit....

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Thank you for bringing your enlightened genius to our humble board now why don't you break forth the knowledge of the ages to us humble peasants ? Or you could just keep spouting Bullshit....

I see you are not a rational person to discuss what you call Bullshit, sad

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

DennisT wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I see you are a first class bullshitter and are only blowing bubbles of generalized verbiage strung together to make you sound knowledgeable...Not buying it Jim Jones, drink your own damned koolaid.

2seaoat

I think I will pass on the hypocrites dictating what the bible means or what god mean.....I put my faith entirely in Matthew 6

Matthew 6

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I think I will pass on the hypocrites dictating what the bible means or what god mean.....I put my faith entirely in Matthew 6

Matthew 6

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
   on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
   as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
   but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Okay I forgive you seaoat

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lol sock. Is it so hard for you to understand the bible, for many Christains, is used as a guide to daily living through inspiration.

What I don't understand is why would you care what others believe. Maybe you are just looking for a holiday argument?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

DennisT wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum. You have not been here long enough to form an opinion of his rationality or else you are sock that have read his posts and are trying to stir the pot.

I have been reading this forum for a while.
Sorry, some of you can’t stand for a new member to post.
You can have it all to yourselves now and the few posters that only contribute the same post over and over.
Some of you really need a life !

Markle

Markle

DennisT wrote:A rational person will read many books to search for answers of the unknown.

That's just foolish.

Markle

Markle

Why do you care what others believe?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost Rider wrote:
I beg to differ. Teo is the most rational, intelligent poster that we have on this forum.

Have you read any of his posts?

Markle

Markle

DennisT wrote:I have been reading this forum for a while.
Sorry, some of you can’t stand for a new member to post.
You can have it all to yourselves now and  the  few posters that only contribute the same post over and over.
Some of you really need a life !

Always happy to have a new poster. Sorry you're so thin skinned that you can't stand up to a little criticism.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum