Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial Advisors in Pensacola

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Financial Advisors in Pensacola Empty Financial Advisors in Pensacola 12/20/2013, 10:30 am

The Viking

The Viking

Hi All,

Have six figures to invest & am looking for a solid FA to hire. Any suggestions?

(Thanks in advance for all the "put all your money in hookers & blow" investing strategy, but I did all that in the 80's...)

bizguy

The Viking wrote:Hi All,

Have six figures to invest & am looking for a solid FA to hire. Any suggestions?

(Thanks in advance for all the "put all your money in hookers & blow" investing strategy, but I did all that in the 80's...)

My suggestion would depend on many factors...

Time horizon...risk tolerance...investment objective, etc.

If you would like to PM me I'd be happy to make some recommendations.

The Viking

The Viking

Thanks for your response. Can't figure out for the life of me how to PM you, (I'm not on here much) but to answer your questions:

I'll be 50 New Year's Eve, so I'll stick with the traditional timeline of retirement @ 65. Likely sooner, but that's a crap-shoot.

Not completely intolerant of risk, but I prefer the 'slow & steady' approach to investing. Large caps, international, et al. Not enamored with the 'safety' of bonds right now...

On that note, my objective(s) the usual suspects: safety, growth, income.

Thanks in advance!

My suggestion would depend on many factors...

Time horizon...risk tolerance...investment objective, etc.

If you would like to PM me I'd be happy to make some recommendations.[/quote]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I say this with all sincerity. I don't trust ANY financial advisor who is working on commission. I learned that the hard way.
Go with Schwab. Their guys are not working on commission and because of that they have YOUR interests at heart and not their own.
The local Schwab advisor is Mike Mealy. Google for contact info.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Bob wrote:I say this with all sincerity.  I don't trust ANY financial advisor who is working on commission.   I learned that the hard way.
Go with Schwab.  Their guys are not working on commission and because of that they have YOUR interests at heart and not their own.
The local Schwab advisor is Mike Mealy.  Google for contact info.

Agree, Bob.  I'm also in Schwab, but use Saltmarsh, Cleavand and Gund. They are CPA's and a tad more qualified than a FA.  They charge a fee based on assets, not trades and also do the tax work.

Hi Viking!  Good to hear from you!

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 12/20/2013, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

bizguy

Bob wrote:I say this with all sincerity.  I don't trust ANY financial advisor who is working on commission.   I learned that the hard way.
Go with Schwab.  Their guys are not working on commission and because of that they have YOUR interests at heart and not their own.
The local Schwab advisor is Mike Mealy.  Google for contact info.

I know several advisors that work on commission and they do a great job for their clients.  One bad experience with an advisor (whether fee based or commission based) doesn't mean all advisors paid the same way are bad. The type of compensation the advisor receives doesn't determine the value if the advise. Ask for references.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bizguy wrote:
I know several advisors that work on commission and they do a great job for their clients.  One bad experience with an advisor (whether fee based or commission based) doesn't mean all advisors paid the same way are bad.  The type of compensation the advisor receives doesn't determine the value if the advise. Ask for references.

I'm sure you're probably right but I'm O for 3 and the third strike was it for me.

Another thing.  Whichever investment firm you use,  always stay on top of what the fees are.  They can fleece you on fees if you don't closely monitor it.

Hill Turner is an old friend of mine... I think he's still at wells fargo. I've never known him to mislead anyone.

But I'd still do my homework.

The Viking

The Viking

Thanks everyone!

All valid points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum