Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A drum solo like you've never seen before.

+2
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob wrote:

Neil Peart is in my opinion the best drummer that has come along since Bonham, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and Shannon Leto. He is right where he belongs and that is at the top of the best 10 rock drummers.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Outstanding!  Never saw so many drums.  Thanks!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Glad you liked it, Markle.

2seaoat

Keith Moon.

My son is a drummer and at 29 with two kids he has cut back with his group on playing events and clubs, but it was fun to see the evolution of a Junior High kid who liked music into a drummer.  His energy on Stage was incredible and there is something magical about the same which made the WHO with Keith Moon into a force which Rock and Roll has seldom seen.

I always thought the joke about what do you call a drummer who has broke up with his girlfriend..........homeless, exemplified that raw primal energy which makes a drummer good.  My son has a massive set of drums, breaks sticks and cymbals......but the drums have so little to do with what makes a drummer great.....Look at some of the early WHO videos and how simple his drum set was.......

Last edited by 2seaoat on 12/20/2013, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Glad you liked it,  Markle.

That sonofabitch would really be good if he had a few more drums.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:Keith Moon.

Aw come on seaoat, Keith Moon could not hold a candle to Neil Peart. Hell Rick Allen, the drummer for Def Leppard that suffered a severe accident and had one of his arms amputated, is better with one arm than Keith Moon ever was with both of his intact.

I would also pit my nephew against any amateur drummer around. He is self taught and has never had a lesson in his life. He started playing when he was about 12 years old and is now 34. But in all honesty, he is not only good, he is damn good. He has a chance to be a studio drummer in Nashville but that would require uprooting he and his family and that is something that he refused to do.

no stress

no stress

meh  Sleep 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum