Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is unconstitutional

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1This is unconstitutional Empty This is unconstitutional 12/10/2013, 11:08 pm

http://misguidedchildren.com/religion/2013/12/baker-ordered-to-serve-gay-couple-despite-religious-beliefs/8306

A Colorado baker who refused to bake wedding cakes for gay couples based on religious beliefs is being forced to serve them or face fines.

2This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 3:16 am

Discrimination is unconstitutional,dork.

3This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 4:04 am

Dreams, it's their religious belief just like the owners of Chick-fil-a to not support this lifestyle..... And WHy would you want someone to make a cake for this event that didnt support your lifestyle choice? Why not go elsewhere? And yes, this is waaaaay unconstitutional.

4This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 9:32 am

2seaoat

You need to understand that what you think is unconstitutional and what actually is unconstitutional are two different things. Using your logic a person could refuse to serve a black person a meal because their religious beliefs is based on the bible which recognizes slaves, and this person believes that all black people should be slaves. The interstate commerce clause gives the government a nexus with the 14th amendment. Now in this case a state law which protects the class of people from discrimination is not going to be defeated because of that person's religious belief while participating in interstate commerce, or intrastate commerce. You need to have a bit more tolerance, and certainly should not encourage discrimination.

5This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 11:50 am

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Discrimination is unconstitutional,dork.

PLEASE show us where that is in the Constitution.  PLEASE!

6This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 11:56 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:You need to understand that what you think is unconstitutional and what actually is unconstitutional are two different things.   Using your logic a person could refuse to serve a black person a meal because their religious beliefs is based on the bible which recognizes slaves, and this person believes that all black people should be slaves.   The interstate commerce clause gives the government a nexus with the 14th amendment.  Now in this case a state law which protects the class of people from discrimination is not going to be defeated because of that person's religious belief while participating in interstate commerce, or intrastate commerce.  You need to have a bit more tolerance, and certainly should not encourage discrimination.

No, you could not refuse a black person a meal because of the Civil Rights act of 1866, 1964 and 1968.

You certainly need to deliver that message to the most divisive president in modern history, President Barack Hussein Obama.

7This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 12:06 pm

2seaoat

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Constitution Mr. Markle......its called the 14th amendment, and it does not matter what I say, the Supreme Court has extended equal protection to sexual orientation........so Dreams was right......and sadly you were wrong......I thought you knew your basics.

8This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 12:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Constitution Mr. Markle......its called the 14th amendment, and it does not matter what I say, the Supreme Court has extended equal protection to sexual orientation........so Dreams was right......and sadly you were wrong......I thought you knew your basics.

Sadly, Markle only knows what the RNC wants him to know.

As for the baker, I believe I'd find someone else to make the cake, or make it myself. If people want to be jerks, just don't give them your business...a rule of thumb for me. And be sure to tell your friends how you were treated.

9This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 3:46 pm

This is unconstitutional Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSzqD8-DF_QORXVKkSYVOUzQTXZUoX4G_Pm-yZLeZukhhrv7ELtw

Private business establishments are not public places.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA

Smile 

10This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 3:56 pm

by 2seaoat Today at 11:06 am
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

-----

11This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 3:57 pm

So Seaoat, you are saying that nobody else could have made this cake?

12This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 4:02 pm

This is a total violation of the First amendment rights of the baker

13This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 4:03 pm

The baker does have the right to follow religious edicts even in the workplace.

14This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 4:05 pm

Wonder why this gay couple didnt go to the Muslim baker? Is it because we know Muslima have no tolerance for gay marriage or that folks don't want to offend Muslims?

15This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 4:06 pm

Just another attack on Christians

16This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 7:56 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The baker does have the right to follow religious edicts even in the workplace.

Wrong dumbass. Didn't you learn anything w/ the school prayer issue? How dense can you be?

17This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 8:21 pm

2seaoat

Private business establishments are not public places.

Please define private business establishment.....I doubt you even have a clue.

Sorry Pace once the bakers open their door to the public and sought business they provided a nexus with the 14th amendment and the interstate commerce clause.

Now if you had a private club with private membership, and as a christian you did not want to let a gay person into your private club.....you are going to be able to legally discriminate. However, if your dining area publishes seeking weddings from the public.....even though your are a private club, you may be under the jurisdiction of the interstate commerce clause, and the discrimination may be determined to be unlawful.

Using ones religious belief as a get out of jail card for an armed robbery or refusal to serve someone in a public business does not work......but nice try.

18This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 9:15 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

As you well know, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with discrimination.  But, as usual cute try.

PLEASE, PLEASE cite for us the Supreme Court decision which made law from the bench and included sexual orientation as a protected class to the current seven Federal protected classes.  My guess is you can't even name them without trying to find them someplace on Bing or Google.

Last edited by Markle on 12/15/2013, 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

19This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 9:18 pm

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:The baker does have the right to follow religious edicts even in the workplace.

Wrong dumbass. Didn't you learn anything w/ the school prayer issue? How dense can you be?

Playing with a short deck once again.  You are typically confused and are confusing a private business with a government school.

20This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/15/2013, 10:16 pm

2seaoat wrote:Private business establishments are not public places.

Please define private business establishment.....I doubt you even have a clue.

Sorry Pace once the bakers open their door to the public and sought business they provided a nexus with the 14th amendment and the interstate commerce clause.

Now if you had a private club with private membership, and as a christian you did not want to let a gay person into your private club.....you are going to be able to legally discriminate.   However, if your dining area publishes seeking weddings from the public.....even though your are a private club, you may be under the jurisdiction of the interstate commerce clause, and the discrimination may be determined to be unlawful.

Using ones religious belief as a get out of jail card for an armed robbery or refusal to serve someone in a public business does not work......but nice try.

This is unconstitutional Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSzqD8-DF_QORXVKkSYVOUzQTXZUoX4G_Pm-yZLeZukhhrv7ELtw

Oh good! Since I don't actively advertise I can discriminate.

So what you're saying is that if a Muslim or Jewish restaurant advertises catering for weddings and I want pulled pork as the main dish I can sue if they refuse.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/16/2013, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

21This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/16/2013, 12:40 am

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Playing with a short deck once again.  You are typically confused and are confusing a private business with a government school.

Doesn't matter. A private business or a govt. school cannot discriminate,Einstein.

22This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/16/2013, 12:49 am

2seaoat

Oh good! Since I don't actively advertise I can discriminate.

So what you're saying is that a Muslim or Jewish restaurant advertises catering for weddings and I want pulled pork as the main dish I can sue if they refuse.

I hope you are simply feigning ignorance, because I thought you were smarter than this........a restaurant open to the public must follow all the laws protected by the 14th amendment with the nexus being the interstate commerce clause. A private club like a country club, does not have to admit anybody they do not want to admit or serve.....it is for members only. However, if that private club allows public weddings to balance their budget, there is a transmutation of their status from private to public.

These are elementary concepts that a ninth grade civics student understands....at least one who paid attention.

23This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/16/2013, 12:57 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Oh good! Since I don't actively advertise I can discriminate.

So what you're saying is that a Muslim or Jewish restaurant advertises catering for weddings and I want pulled pork as the main dish I can sue if they refuse.

I hope you are simply feigning ignorance, because I thought you were smarter than this........a restaurant open to the public must follow all the laws protected by the 14th amendment with the nexus being the interstate commerce clause.   A private club like a country club, does not have to admit anybody they do not want to admit or serve.....it is for members only.  However, if that private club allows public weddings to balance their budget, there is a transmutation of their status from private to public.

These are elementary concepts that a ninth grade civics student understands....at least one who paid attention.

You seem to have missed this somehow....  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

As you well know, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with discrimination.  But, as usual cute try.  IF it did, it would apply to BOTH SIDES EQUALLY.

PLEASE, PLEASE cite for us the Supreme Court decision which made law from the bench and included sexual orientation as a protected class to the current seven Federal protected classes.  My guess is you can't even name them without trying to find them someplace on Bing or Google.

24This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/16/2013, 1:38 am

2seaoat

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Oh good! Since I don't actively advertise I can discriminate.

I hope you are simply feigning ignorance, because I thought you were smarter than this........a restaurant open to the public must follow all the laws protected by the 14th amendment with the nexus being the interstate commerce clause.   A private club like a country club, does not have to admit anybody they do not want to admit or serve.....it is for members only.  However, if that private club allows public weddings to balance their budget, there is a transmutation of their status from private to public.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/26/politics/scotus-same-sex-doma/index.html

You really do not understand what Kennedy did in the majority opinion.....why am I not surprised. You would have to understand the constitution and the equal protection clause.......it is not easily cut and pasted.....it requires threshold knowledge and basic reasoning......apparently you need to stay in other areas where cutting and pasting inaccurate statistics will go unchallenged.....here....you do not even understand the basic concepts.

You seem to have missed this somehow....  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

As you well know, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with discrimination.  But, as usual cute try.  IF it did, it would apply to BOTH SIDES EQUALLY.

25This is unconstitutional Empty Re: This is unconstitutional 12/16/2013, 1:41 am

2seaoat

As you well know, the 14th Amendment has nothing to do with discrimination.

What a Rube. Are you providing humor tonight, or are you utterly ignorant of the equal protection clause and its role and application in dealing with discrimination in American constitutional law. I think Rube.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum