Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please watch each of these vids before replying

+5
Hospital Bob
Markle
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Last edited by boards of FL on 12/6/2013, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

First time I ever saw anyone make Bill look smart...these are just smug idiots whistling in the dark corridors of ignorance. Evolution by random mutation and selection is far harder to believe than god, power, intelligence, force..or whatever you want to call it created this place fully operational because he, it wanted to..

2seaoat

The idea that God of the gaps is an ever decreasing gap as man gains knowledge and that we only understand 4% of our world currently and God can only stand for that defined gap of the unexplained neither recognizes infinity, nor the simple fact that what is often explained and assumed as knowledge, explains nothing.

Faith is a simple concept that even what is explained is not some random chance explained by physics, rather designed to some degree by something more than natural law. I have faith, but that does not mean I believe in some invisible man in the sky, nor that I am gullible, and I am a strict constructionist of the bible. I believe in God and I believe in Gravity, and neither belief is mutually exclusive.

Markle

Markle

What is your point?

Wow...an atheist and Catholic disagree.  What next?  Grass is green?  Sky is blue?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We are created in God's image, a spirit. Ever seen one ? ..nor have I but it has the power to animate a pile of organized mud and give it what we call life. Then when it is gone wherever it goes the mud goes back to disorganized mud. Pretty simple really. God is a great spirit and has such has tremendous power over this universe of mud. Not much different from a programmer organizing a program to suit him putting his "spirit" and wisdom in it. The whole potter and clay thing..instead of bits and bytes God works with electrons aka energy fields...

2seaoat

We are created in God's image,

So you look like George Burns......and have a swastika tat on your shoulder. God has a sense of humor.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You're either a liberal or a conservative if you have an IQ higher than a toaster.

You either believe science or the bible is the answer to why we exist if you have an IQ higher than a toaster.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:What is your point?

Wow...an atheist and Catholic disagree.  What next?  Grass is green?  Sky is blue?

The catholic is objectively wrong. The atheist is pointing that out.

I realize this is all beyond your mental capacity.

This is no different than if I had posted a video of a guy saying "1+1=684", and then a mathematician showing us that 1+1=2. And you're the guy saying this is merely a disagreement.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's idiotic. No where can order come from chaos. That's scientific. The laws of thermodynamics overrule the god of atheists at every turn. New Cadillacs don't form even in junk yards given a few billion years...idiotic nonsense stretched to absurdity that's what atheists believe and bow before.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Questions for you both, teo and bds.

Why is there existence? Why does everything exist? Can you explain it for us?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In The beginning God....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Boards is busy so I'll do his for him...
ex·is·ten·tial·ism (gz-stnsh-lzm, ks-)
n.
A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

There's a very good book I read Bob..Man's search for meaning By Viktor Frankl. He made some very good observations in Auschwitz as a prisoner there ...

here's kind of his summation from a human standpoint...

As time passed, however, the prisoner's experience in a concentration camp finally became nothing but a remembered nightmare. What is more, he knows that he has nothing left to fear any more, "except his God" (115).

Frankl concludes that the meaning of life is found in every moment of living; life never ceases to have meaning, even in suffering and death. In a group therapy session during a mass fast inflicted on the camp's inmates trying to protect an anonymous fellow inmate from fatal retribution by authorities, Frankl offered the thought that for everyone in a dire condition there is someone looking down, a friend, family member, or even God, who would expect not to be disappointed. Frankl concludes from his experience that a prisoner's psychological reactions are not solely the result of the conditions of his life, but also from the freedom of choice he always has even in severe suffering. The inner hold a prisoner has on his spiritual self relies on having a hope in the future, and that once a prisoner loses that hope, he is doomed.

Frankl's meaning in life is to help others find theirs.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Questions for you both,  teo and bds.

Why is there existence?  Why does everything exist?  Can you explain it for us?

No idea.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Man hates the idea he is accountable for his sin so he seeks to rid himself of he who holds him accountable. Hey god if you are there speak to me says the atheist, then mocks god. The Christian says speak to me god and a flower blossoms and a baby laughs....Teo

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Man hates the idea he is accountable for his sin so he seeks to rid himself of he who holds him accountable.
You have an idea of how you would like the world to be, and then you hammer reality into that idea.  That is a logically bankrupt way to see things. The world is how it is.  If evidence points to no god, that is what I'll side with.

Your view on life and the universe: "But...but...I want to believe that I'll go to a nice place when I die and be rewarded for (what, being a racist asshole?) being a good guy.  And I'll get to see all my dead relatives.  The only way people wouldn't agree with my view is if they are trying rid themself of accountability."

Nah.  My views aren't moved or motivated by unrelated BS like sin or accountability.  They are based on actual evidence.  Hell, by virtue of the fact that you even bring up sin and accountability in a discussion of the natural world leads me to believe you are a few cards shy of a full deck.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Man hates the idea he is accountable for his sin so he seeks to rid himself of he who holds him accountable.
You have an idea of how you would like the world to be, and then you hammer reality into that idea.  The world is how it is.  If evidence points to no god, that is what I'll side with.

You on the other hand: "But...but...I want to believe that I'll go to a nice place when I die and be rewarded for (what, being a racist asshole?) being a good guy.  And I'll get to see all my dead relatives.  The only way people wouldn't agree with my view is if they are trying rid themself of accountability."

Nah.  My views aren't moved or motivated by unrelated BS like sin or accountability.  They are based on actual evidence.  Hell, by virtue of the fact that you even bring up sin and accountability in a discussion of the natural world leads me to believe you are a few cards shy of a full deck.
Really gets to you don't it...well God Bless you and show you the way before you croak...soon all to soon.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:In The beginning God....
Why does "God" exist? What created "God"?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:What is your point?

The catholic is objectively wrong.  The atheist is pointing that out.

I realize this is all beyond your mental capacity.

This is no different than if I had posted a video of a guy saying "1+1=684", and then a mathematician showing us that 1+1=2.  And you're the guy saying this is merely a disagreement.
Light years different.

NEITHER can PROVE their point of view or disprove the other.

Last edited by Markle on 12/6/2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

God is a being without beginning and without end. He is eternal and he is that he is, the great I AM that I AM. just because a finite mind can't grasp that doesn't make it less so... there are many things the finite mind can't grasp...have a little faith there Bob.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:In The beginning God....
Why does "God" exist?  What created "God"?  

That's why it is called FAITH.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Please watch each of these vids before replying 4304625568_0b8d7ccdd0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum