Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we really in 3rd place militarily ?...found on a blog ???

+3
2seaoat
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

NutZ alexander
• 3 hours ago

Just to clarify as a veteran and someone very knowledgeable on this subject.(No I won't give you credentials but I am former Navy) If Russia wanted to invade us they would have done it a long time ago and the same goes for China because their military is many times more powerful than ours. They have better technology and better trained people with better equipment and a stronger industry to produce it!

Hollywood has Americans thinking we still have a powerful military but in comparison to China and Russia it just isn't true. Either China or Russia could smash the USA any time they choose so the fact that they haven't shows that they don't want to. This is why when Russia told us to leave Syria alone we said yes sir!

In my days in the military I saw technologies from these two countries that was light years ahead of ours and really scared the hell out of me as a guy that was brought up to believe we have the most powerful military. As a current example we have 14 5th generation fighter planes right now; there have been 17 of them built but 3 have already crashed due to design defects. Russia has over 300 5th generation fighters and so far they have been 100% problem free. The Russian 5th gen fighter costs 1/5 what an F22 does and outperforms it in every single category including difficulty to produce. This is why the world is buying Russian 5th gen fighter technology and nobody is interested in the over hyped and over priced garbage we are trying to call 5th generation technology AKA the F22.

And when it comes to maritime fighting capabilities the Chinese have the most advanced submarines in the world. While we have been blowing our money on DD's, CG's and CVN's the Chinese have been focused purely on subsurface warfare and they have perfected it to a level the world has never seen! Their submarines routinely get past our sub hunters and the only time we know they are there is when they want us to know they are there! It scares the hell out of you when you realize they have been following you off your starboard side for weeks and you had no idea...

Our military is the weakest it has ever been in comparison to these countries and in the world ranking we barely make 3rd place.

Are we really in 3rd place militarily ?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote: NutZ alexander
• 3 hours ago

Just to clarify as a veteran and someone very knowledgeable on this subject.(No I won't give you credentials but I am former Navy) If Russia wanted to invade us they would have done it a long time ago and the same goes for China because their military is many times more powerful than ours. They have better technology and better trained people with better equipment and a stronger industry to produce it!

Hollywood has Americans thinking we still have a powerful military but in comparison to China and Russia it just isn't true. Either China or Russia could smash the USA any time they choose so the fact that they haven't shows that they don't want to. This is why when Russia told us to leave Syria alone we said yes sir!

In my days in the military I saw technologies from these two countries that was light years ahead of ours and really scared the hell out of me as a guy that was brought up to believe we have the most powerful military. As a current example we have 14 5th generation fighter planes right now; there have been 17 of them built but 3 have already crashed due to design defects. Russia has over 300 5th generation fighters and so far they have been 100% problem free. The Russian 5th gen fighter costs 1/5 what an F22 does and outperforms it in every single category including difficulty to produce. This is why the world is buying Russian 5th gen fighter technology and nobody is interested in the over hyped and over priced garbage we are trying to call 5th generation technology AKA the F22.

And when it comes to maritime fighting capabilities the Chinese have the most advanced submarines in the world. While we have been blowing our money on DD's, CG's and CVN's the Chinese have been focused purely on subsurface warfare and they have perfected it to a level the world has never seen! Their submarines routinely get past our sub hunters and the only time we know they are there is when they want us to know they are there! It scares the hell out of you when you realize they have been following you off your starboard side for weeks and you had no idea...

Our military is the weakest it has ever been in comparison to these countries and in the world ranking we barely make 3rd place.

Just wait till half a homey lets iran get the bomb. We won't even place anymore. Mission accomplished.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Just wait till half a homey lets iran get the bomb. We won't even place anymore. Mission accomplished.

If half a homey really has a 3rd place military he may not have a choice in the matter.

• 3 hours ago

==========
Hell to the no. Let me see China pull off 12 years of war in Astan both logistically, technologically, and anything else you can think of. Let's see them do a two AOR war as well also. Hell, they still aren't able to operate their one carrier.

We took less than 5 months to build up enough forces to invade Iraq which is 6500 miles from mainland US. We put SOF in Astan working with the Northern Alliance in DAYS after 9-11.

Our military doesn't have the numbers that we had in 2002-3, but that is because Obama has cut and cut in his five years. And he wants to cut more. If we continue to cut, it will take a full out draft to fill the ranks of the military if we go back to a Cold War stance against either Russia or China.

China and Russia lack the capability to sustain anything other than a self defense force at best and really, looking at and having studied China significantly, they couldn't even take Taiwan even if they wanted it unless they nuked it. THere's not enough amphib lift capability nor airborne either. I know, I know the OPLAN and everything.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

China is making a move on one of our allies, Japan. We are being cautious to say the least, recently ordering all our planes to comply with what China has called their airspace over the disputed islands by contacting China prior to enter that airspace. That pretty much says we are calling that airspace the property of China. That doesn't show us as the top dog you are assuring us we are.

2seaoat

Yes.....we are in third place.....yes we are conceding territorial Japan, and yes the Cubs will win back to back world series. Any other questions.

Yella

Yella

• 3 hours ago

How could this be considering all the money we spend on "defense" ?
Maybe its being sucked up by the Good Old boys in the Pentagon.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sal

Sal

My thought exactly. 

If that is true, we are pissing away an ocean of money. 

Actually, it's definitely not true, but we're still pissing away an ocean of money.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The Japanese have a pretty decent self defense force but they don't have any carriers.

according to this, we are #1 and I do believe we are #1

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America

and I would say that the number of air craft carriers is very important in a war with countries across seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_by_country

and

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/world-top-ten-countries-with-most-combat-aircraft-map.html

really all you need to do is go to the first link globalfirepower.

so no, we are not #3, we are #1... and you know that.

Sal

Sal

Are we really in 3rd place militarily ?...found on a blog ??? Global-military-spending-2012.chart_

Yella

Yella

Sal wrote: Are we really in 3rd place militarily ?...found on a blog ??? Global-military-spending-2012.chart_
The Military-Industrial-Complex is screwing Americans and America just as fast as humanly possible. A few thousand people are making money beyond anybody's comprehension and we can not stop this because they have paid off our Congress to open all the doors to more spending.

I expect that sometime during the lives of our grandchildren we will see the Asian world move in and take over. The Hispanic people will try to run this
country but will fail and make it worse.

Republicans have allowed this to happen and now even they could not stop it even if they wanted to.

Of course,this theory is moot if some Jihad-crazed Muslim hits the "Bombs away" button.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm a lot more ascared of dying in a home invasion than I am of dying at the hands of chinamen, rooskies or mooslims.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Just as battleships were at last compromised by air power so can carriers be. The carriers you so trust in make mighty big targets for both the Chinese and Russian "carrier killer" missiles. It only takes 1 missile to get through and bye bye. Remember the old saying, we always prepare for the last war. I hope the Chinese are putting out a lot of hype but then Israel and the Clintons have sold them a lot of our most advanced technology.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But I'm a lot more confident that little effort will be made to stop home invasions. And instead, trillions of dollars of effort will be made to stop chinamen, rooskies and mooslims.
Why? Because there aint no money to be made from stopping home invasions.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I'm a lot more ascared of dying in a home invasion than I am of dying at the hands of chinamen, rooskies or mooslims.

You're safe in your home.

Be sure to wear a football helmet when you go out tho, because there's a good chance that a big black bogeyman will leap out of the darkness and punch you in the head.

lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob check with Boards he ain't scared a nuthin. He's just pursuing his career. Of course I am out here in the boonies hiding in a hole in the ground hugging my 308 and trembling. I know with Boards help you can be as brave as he is.Twisted Evil

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob check with Boards he ain't scared a nuthin. He's just pursuing his career. Of course I am out here in the boonies hiding in a hole in the ground hugging my 308 and trembling. I know with Boards help you can be as brave as he is.Twisted Evil
Yep.

A conspiracy theorist hiding in the woods from the Illuminati and big black head-punching bogeymen ...

... and, yet he rides a motorcycle.

The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Bob check with Boards he ain't scared a nuthin. He's just pursuing his career. Of course I am out here in the boonies hiding in a hole in the ground hugging my 308 and trembling. I know with Boards help you can be as brave as he is.Twisted Evil
Yep.

A conspiracy theorist hiding in the woods from the Illuminati and big black head-punching bogeymen ...

... and, yet he rides a motorcycle.

The cognitive dissonance is mind boggling.
Correction : I ride a Harley....also I am a conspiracy analysis and I love the woods.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm a lot more ascared of dying in a home invasion than I am of dying at the hands of chinamen, rooskies or mooslims.

You're safe in your home.

Be sure to wear a football helmet when you go out tho, because there's a good chance that a big black bogeyman will leap out of the darkness and punch you in the head.

lol
Well firstly,  I'm not very afraid of being home invaded.  That's because I have burglar bars on the doors and as long as I don't negligently open that door to a stranger,  it's very unlikely that I'll be victimized by home invasion.

What I said is,  I am "more afraid" of dying in home invasion than I am from dying at the hands of chinamen,  rooskies and mooslims.

Second of all,  what fear I do have of being victimized by home invasion is not racist.  When someone is trying to invade my home I really don't care what race he is,  what religion he is,  what sexual orientation he is,  what nationality he is,  or what ethnic group he is.  I hate all home invaders equally.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's another way to convey what I'm telling you.

In 1969 I was more afraid of dying at the hands of Americans (black, white, red or green) than I was at dying at the hands of the North Vietnamese invading us.  

But of course all the profits were made by protecting me from the North Vietnamese then too. lol

2seaoat

Why? Because there aint no money to be made from stopping home invasions.

Probabilities and the comprehension of the same are being shown among older white males over the age of 62 to crash and burn. They think they can go into a PB beach nightclub and have twenty something women flock to them and hit on them, and they think the boogey man is going to break into their home......about the same probability......however they get in their cars and rarely give a second thought to the risk of the same.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:But I'm a lot more confident that little effort will be made to stop home invasions.   And instead,  trillions of dollars of effort will be made to stop chinamen,  rooskies and mooslims.  
Why?  Because there aint no money to be made from stopping home invasions.  
Exactly so

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Because there aint no money to be made from stopping home invasions.  
Bullshit.

Ask the NRA.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yes, we waste a huge amount of money unnecessarily.  But not just the DOD. 

I asked my husband about the claim made in Teo's link and he said--No Way! Although he does think we should be concerned about China's growing military capabilities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum