Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MIT (The Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is supporting the online learning revolution by making 2,100 courses available to everyone.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
Website of the Week: Unlocking Knowledge and Empowering Minds With MIT OpenCourseWare
Posted: 12 Nov 2013 12:50 AM PST
MIT (The Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is supporting the online learning revolution by making 2,100 courses available to everyone.

I quite like the way MIT offers these classes - there is no registration, no enrollment, and no prerequisites to use OCW (OpenCourseWare) materials.

Free lecture notes, exams and videos are available from MIT, and OCW courses offer some type of instruction which may include a syllabus, lecture notes, reading list, calendar, or a learning activity such as assignments, quizzes, or exams. The courses I saw were all undergraduate or graduate level. This is an ideal environment for learning independently.

Supplemental Resources has a large range of material that may or may not correspond to a particular course, while some may be relevant to many different courses.No grades or credits are offered, and there's no access to any MIT staff.

I dont think any poster from here will use it. Most of us that post here, already know everything. LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:I dont think any poster from here will use it.  Most  of us that post here, already know everything.  LOL
That is too funny!
I can tell you for sure that I won't be using it.  Just making it through college algebra at PJC was challenging enough for me.   I could see my husband being interested in something like this though.

What is neat is that you can just take a course that is interesting to you. Even if you can not understand much of it, is fun to try. Plus you can develop some type of vague concept on some subject then come here an be a expert. LOL

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:I dont think any poster from here will use it.  Most  of us that post here, already know everything.  LOL
That is too funny!
I can tell you for sure that I won't be using it.  Just making it through college algebra at PJC was challenging enough for me.   I could see my husband being interested in something like this though.
I break out in hives if I see a minus sign.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:What is neat is that you can just take a course that is interesting to you.  Even if you can not understand much of it,  is fun to try.  Plus you can develop some type of vague concept on some subject then  come here an be a expert.  LOL
I think what they're doing is great.  And it's not all science and math.  I clicked around on the site a little. They have humanities, history, and social science courses.  Something for everyone.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
That is too funny!
lol, I have that problem too.  
Calculators are great, aren't they? Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
That is too funny!
Sometimes I do algebra problems just for fun......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sometimes I do algebra problems just for fun......

You sound like my son.

Sometimes during the summer I'll see him doing math problems for fun.

And, I wonder, "Is my wife sleeping with the accountant?".

lol

2seaoat

Why would I want something from MIT when I have this already

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum