Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why I remember the beach.

+4
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why I remember the beach. Empty Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:41 pm

Why I remember the beach. Acr4fo

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 11/11/2013, 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:43 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Nice picture.  
I love the beach.

3Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Beautiful.

4Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My ex got all my cute pictures...that was a nice day at the beach Ichi...

5Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was 7 years old when my family moved here and it was the first time I had ever been to the beach.
Maybe it was the sheer youth. Maybe it was being so naive and so open to experiencing all the new stuff we did then. I don't know and don't care to know.
But what it definitely was was feeling stuff so intensely that there are now no longer any words to describe it.

6Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 8:55 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, that's beautiful.  I think I understand what you mean. 
There is nothing better at clearing my mind like a walk on the beach.

7Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 9:19 pm

knothead

knothead

This past July I will have been on the beach for 41 years . . . . obviously I am very connected in so many ways. Now I have the privilege of walking/running the island community each and every day . . . . my daily goal is 6 miles but I do more when my body allows . . . . I do stop to take myself a pic of a gorgeous sunrise . . . . I see the supply trucks at all the restaurants, the myriad cleaning duties being executed from the street cleaner to the beach sand cleaner and I am always impressed at the employees dutifully preparing the island for another day of visitors . . . . they really are dedicated folks and I am a lucky man.

8Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 9:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I only got here in late '79, although I first visited in '77. First place I lived was Pensacola Beach. What a lot of wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) memories. My kids pics were the only ones on that half wall in the Outrigger. The rest were bikini-clad girls. I still have that pic that hung on that wall. They played pool...when they got tall enough to see over edge of the pool table. My youngest still plays in a pool league...decorated the scorecard with daisies. I am so blessed. I really do have the most wonderful kids...and grandkids.

9Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 9:46 pm

cool1

cool1

I love the beach so much --I do wish they would have let it be just that though a beach--I don't like how its been over run by buildings , Before long you wont be able to see it Mad

10Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 9:52 pm

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:I love the beach so much --I do wish they would have let it be just that though a beach--I don't like how its been over run by buildings , Before long you wont be able to see it Mad

Cool I feel your pain although your fears are completely unfounded . . . the beach is "built out" as the limit of building permits have been reached. Existing commercials parcels are limited but do possess building permits. For the most part what you see today is what will be here when you grow old and the beach will still be here for your enjoyment.

11Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 9:56 pm

cool1

cool1

knothead wrote:
cool1 wrote:I love the beach so much --I do wish they would have let it be just that though a beach--I don't like how its been over run by buildings , Before long you wont be able to see it Mad
Cool I feel your pain although your fears are completely unfounded . . . the beach is "built out" as the limit of building permits have been reached.  Existing commercials parcels are limited but do possess building permits.  For the most part what you see today is what will be here when you grow old and the beach will still be here for your enjoyment.

I sure hope so Very Happy I wish it had stayed like it was before all those buildings were put there .

12Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/11/2013, 10:36 pm

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:
knothead wrote:
Cool I feel your pain although your fears are completely unfounded . . . the beach is "built out" as the limit of building permits have been reached.  Existing commercials parcels are limited but do possess building permits.  For the most part what you see today is what will be here when you grow old and the beach will still be here for your enjoyment.
I sure hope so Very Happy I wish it had stayed like it was before all those buildings were put there .
We all wish we could have a do over on many things long past so it is what it is I believe.

13Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/12/2013, 2:28 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My first beach experiences were at San Clemente Beach in Orange County, California. My Mom's parents retired there from Wisconsin around 1955. When my dad took his 2-weeks vacation from his job in the summer, we would go to their house. They drove back to Wisconsin for a few weeks each summer, so we got their house to ourselves. We did this every year from the late 50s until I graduated from high school in 1970.

I first passed through Pensacola in 1968 while on a bus tour of the United States with about 50 other teens. I had my sights on coming back here one day, though, because I had aspirations of becoming a Naval Aviator. In September of 1975 the first steps of those aspirations were realized when I started my flight training at Saufley Field. Then I came back to be a flight instructor from 1981-1984, and changed my state of residency from California to Florida.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

14Why I remember the beach. Empty Re: Why I remember the beach. 11/12/2013, 5:49 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:My first beach experiences were at San Clemente Beach in Orange County, California. My Mom's parents retired there from Wisconsin around 1955. When my dad took his 2-weeks vacation from his job in the summer, we would go to their house. They drove back to Wisconsin for a few weeks each summer, so we got their house to ourselves. We did this every year from the late 50s until I graduated from high school in 1970.

I first passed through Pensacola in 1968 while on a bus tour of the United States with about 50 other teens. I had my sights on coming back here one day, though, because I had aspirations of becoming a Naval Aviator. In September of 1975 the first steps of those aspirations were realized when I started my flight training at Saufley Field. Then I came back to be a flight instructor from 1981-1984, and changed my state of residency from California to Florida.
We are glad you came back and decided to live here...............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum