Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liberals on what is and is not a choice

+3
knothead
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Liberals on what is and is not a choice 1452020_242444682579167_362563950_n

Kind of ironic...

2Liberals on what is and is not a choice Empty funny 11/13/2013, 11:43 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Liberals on what is and is not a choice 1452020_242444682579167_362563950_n

Kind of ironic...
Yes, it is ironic how you ultra-conservatives argue about how government intervening in your life is bad, except at a time when someone must make the most personal, and agonizing decision anyone could ever make. In that case, you believe the government should step in. What a hypocrite.
You are comparing apples to oranges: healthcare responsibility affects all of us. We all have to pay.
Yes, it is ironic how a law that makes everyone take responsibility for themselves makes you a crazy, raving bigot.
I am not the one arguing against a core belief, you are.
Thanks for making yourself moot.
BTW-you are not pro-life. Everyone is pro-life.
You are anti-choice: how American is that?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Liberals on what is and is not a choice 1452020_242444682579167_362563950_n

Kind of ironic...
I hate it when women have to make an agonizing decision......responsible birth control or an abortion.

Why women have abortions

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems with either the mother or the child; and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (that is, the child is unwanted or inconvenient).

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I've said it before and I'll continue to point out that calling the anti-choice folks pro-life is a misnomer of grand proportions. They are no more pro-life than corporations are pro-tax. They just need the issue to push their bases buttons and get them to the polls to elect more corporatists to public office. They should just be called pro-birth and nothing more.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:

Kind of ironic...
I hate it when women have to make an agonizing decision......responsible birth control or an abortion.

Why women have abortions

1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest; 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems with either the mother or the child; and 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (that is, the child is unwanted or inconvenient).
Given those statistics it is apparent that the problem is not abortions per se but unwanted pregnancies. I wonder how many millions the pro-birth groups have put into sex education programs not counting the questionable "no sex until marriage" idea?

If they were REALLY against abortions you'd think they could notice the reason for so many?  Fewer unwanted pregnancies = fewer abortions. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure might be something for them to consider? But this will never happen because it would take away one of their main wedge issues that help get their supporters to the polls.

6Liberals on what is and is not a choice Empty Thanks 11/13/2013, 1:45 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Kind of ironic...

Why women have abortions

Given those statistics it is apparent that the problem is not abortions per se but unwanted pregnancies. I wonder how many millions the pro-birth groups have put into sex education programs not counting the questionable "no sex until marriage" idea?

If they were REALLY against abortions you'd think they could notice the reason for so many?  Fewer unwanted pregnancies = fewer abortions. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure might be something for them to consider? But this will never happen because it would take away one of their main wedge issues that help get their supporters to the polls.

Well put. Thanks.

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Kind of ironic...

Why women have abortions

Very well said OS . . .

bizguy

But this will never happen because it would take away one of their main wedge issues that help get their supporters to the polls.

Are you accusing republicans of wanting more unwanted pregnancies and hence more abortions so they will have a campaign issue? Just trying to understand your point.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Kind of ironic...

Why women have abortions

7/1/2013
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2013 Sex Education Legislation
State Laws on Medical Accuracy in Sex Education
Additional Resources
CONTACT
Health Program

All states are somehow involved in sex education for public schoolchildren.
As of March 2013:
22 states and the District of Columbia require public schools teach sex education (20 of which mandate sex education and HIV education).
33 states and the District of Columbia require students receive instruction about HIV/AIDS.
19 states require that if provided, sex education must be medically, factually or technically accurate. State definitions of “medically accurate" vary, from requiring that the department of health review curriculum for accuracy, to mandating that curriculum be based on information from “published authorities upon which medical professionals rely.”
Many states define parents’ rights concerning sexual education:
37 states and the District of Columbia require school districts to allow parental involvement in sexual education programs.
Three states require parental consent before a child can receive instruction.
35 states and the District of Columbia allow parents to opt-out on behalf of their children.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Who Has Abortions

18% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%.

Women in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25–29 obtain 24%.

Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions.

About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.

42% percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).

27% of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level.

Read more: Abortion in the United States | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904509.html#ixzz2kYTFUhNG

11Liberals on what is and is not a choice Empty why 11/13/2013, 6:31 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Who Has Abortions

18% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%.
Women in their 20s account for more than half of all abortions; women aged 20–24 obtain 33% of all abortions, and women aged 25–29 obtain 24%.
Women who have never married and are not cohabiting account for 45% of all abortions.
About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.
42% percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).
27% of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level.
Read more: Abortion in the United States | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904509.html#ixzz2kYTFUhNG
Wow, you really are interested in other people's personal lives, are you not? I thought conservatives wanted the government and other people out of their personal life? Oh, but it is OK to intrude on these young women's lives. Can you not recognize the inherent hypocrisy, here?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

bizguy wrote:But this will never happen because it would take away one of their main wedge issues that help get their supporters to the polls.

Are you accusing republicans of wanting more unwanted pregnancies and hence more abortions so they will have a campaign issue?  Just trying to understand your point.
I'm totally cynical when it comes to the Republicans motives but not to the point where I'd state it the way you did. They really don't need MORE abortions to make an issue of it. If there were only ONE in the entire country that would likely be enough for them to want to make the most political hay out of it.

I'm just saying that they use the emotions surrounding this issue every chance they get. There is nothing worse than an unmotivated electorate; they don't get to the polls, so they keep the fires burning. I think they need to put an effort into reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies rather than screaming about what happens after the horse is out of the barn.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
bizguy wrote:But this will never happen because it would take away one of their main wedge issues that help get their supporters to the polls.

Are you accusing republicans of wanting more unwanted pregnancies and hence more abortions so they will have a campaign issue?  Just trying to understand your point.
I'm totally cynical when it comes to the Republicans motives but not to the point where I'd state it the way you did. They really don't need MORE abortions to make an issue of it. If there were only ONE in the entire country that would likely be enough for them to want to make the most political hay out of it.

I'm just saying that they use the emotions surrounding this issue every chance they get. There is nothing worse than an unmotivated electorate; they don't get to the polls, so they keep the fires burning. I think they need to put an effort into reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies rather than screaming about what happens after the horse is out of the barn.

What do you suggest?

Eugenics?

othershoe1030 wrote:

You liberals get people to the polls by promising free stuff

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Kind of ironic...

Why women have abortions

7/1/2013
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2013 Sex Education Legislation
State Laws on Medical Accuracy in Sex Education
Additional Resources
CONTACT
Health Program

All states are somehow involved in sex education for public schoolchildren.
As of March 2013:
22 states and the District of Columbia require public schools teach sex education (20 of which mandate sex education and HIV education).
33 states and the District of Columbia require students receive instruction about HIV/AIDS.
19 states require that if provided, sex education must be medically, factually or technically accurate. State definitions of “medically accurate" vary, from requiring that the department of health review curriculum for accuracy, to mandating that curriculum be based on information from “published authorities upon which medical professionals rely.”
Many states define parents’ rights concerning sexual education:
37 states and the District of Columbia require school districts to allow parental involvement in sexual education programs.
Three states require parental consent before a child can receive instruction.
35 states and the District of Columbia allow parents to opt-out on behalf of their children.
Interesting but not really enough information to shed light on the question of covering the topic of various means of birth control though. LOL, not that I want to read and review the various programs either!! I vaguely recall the brief sex education presented by the school nurse to a very embarrassed room of girls (the boys were in another classroom receiving their version of the lesson). It was back in the dark ages of course so probably and hopefully bears no resemblance to what's presented today but still, it was basically plumbing and mechanics, certainly no information about how to prevent pregnancy.

I'm saying there needs to be (if there is not now) some really practical information about various means of birth control so the darlings don't conceive. Pretty simple, not a complete fix but a step in the more constructive direction. The resulting reduction in unwanted pregnancies should make everyone happy, right? I mean the women wouldn't need abortions and the people who are against making them available would have fewer to be upset about. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote: Can you not recognize the inherent hypocrisy, here?

Who protects and represents the weakest and most defenseless of us, the infants?

Liberals love to attackthe weak and defenseless.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle and PD you are both total hypocrites of the highest order when you claim such BS as liberals not wanting to protect the weak.

You know perfectly well that it is your right wing wish that programs to help the disadvantaged poor, weak people be cut, cut, cut and cut again. You'd like to cut spending on education, food stamps, subsidized housing etc.

You are NOT PRO-LIFE, you are only pro-birth. After that little guy, you are on your own, good luck and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Markle and PD you are both total hypocrites of the highest order when you claim such BS as liberals not wanting to protect the weak.

You know perfectly well that it is your right wing wish that programs to help the disadvantaged poor, weak people be cut, cut, cut and cut again. You'd like to cut spending on education, food stamps, subsidized housing etc.

You are NOT PRO-LIFE, you are only pro-birth. After that little guy, you are on your own, good luck and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Birth control is available to anyone who wants it for free.

Yes, all those things need to be cut and can be done by putting more people to work. As you well know, that is the opposite of what are the policies of the Progressives and President Barack Hussein Obama.

Wasn't it President William Jefferson Clinton who signed the Welfare Reform Act of 1996? That was the law which allowed millions of people to move from the welfare rolls and tax recipients to the pay rolls and being tax payers. That also restored their self esteem, pride and very soul.

As you also know, President Barack Hussein Obama negated that law when he signed his failed Stimulus Plan. That encouraged states to put more people on welfare.

Liberals on what is and is not a choice 112013participation-rate-chart-fail_jpg

Liberals on what is and is not a choice 112013PeopleNotinLaborForce

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The stereotyping of Republicans being pro-life is oversimplification, in my opinion.

Yes, I like many, vote Republican for numerous reasons, but pro-life issues is certainly not one of them.

Many of us believe in allowing people the right to choose what is correct for them without government intervention of any sort.

Even more of us believe that we all have a duty to do the best we can which includes attempting to support ourselves without relying on the government.

That's where too many liberals FAIL.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Markle and PD you are both total hypocrites of the highest order when you claim such BS as liberals not wanting to protect the weak.

Yes, all those things need to be cut and can be done by putting more people to work.  As you well know, that is the opposite of what are the policies of the Progressives and President Barack Hussein Obama.

Wasn't it President William Jefferson Clinton who signed the Welfare Reform Act of 1996?  That was the law which allowed millions of people to move from the welfare rolls and tax recipients to the pay rolls and being tax payers.  That also restored their self esteem, pride and very soul.

As you also know, President Barack Hussein Obama negated that law when he signed his failed Stimulus Plan.  That encouraged states to put more people on welfare.

It would be so very refreshing if, at least occasionally, you could stick to the topic being discussed.

As to your comment on the availability of birth control I'm not at all sure that is the case, that it is there for free. Do you have any documentation along those lines? I hear complaints from companies who don't want to include birth control pills as part of their employees health coverage so there must be a cost involved. Just wondering. Also, and just as important, a person has to learn about birth control in order to take advantage of it. It is not enough for it to just be out there; it has to be used.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

stormwatch89 wrote:The stereotyping of Republicans being pro-life is oversimplification, in my opinion.

Yes, I like many, vote Republican for numerous reasons, but pro-life issues is certainly not one of them.

Many of us believe in allowing people the right to choose what is correct for them without government intervention of any sort.

Even more of us believe that we all have a duty to do the best we can which includes attempting to support ourselves without relying on the government.

That's where too many liberals FAIL.
I'm glad to hear you are not a single issue voter. I was just saying that the issue is used by the GOP to get a certain part of their base to the polls and they don't want to lose that leverage.

I doubt many people, liberals included for sure, would argue against the advantages of being self supporting. It is a stereotype of the liberal mindset on the part of many "conservatives" that we encourage people to rely on government programs for their livelihood. This is not the case. We do support programs such as food stamps that help people in tough situations survive. That's one thing we expect from the government. What is the alternative when there are no good paying jobs available? Private sources are not enough to help all those in need.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

Yes, all those things need to be cut and can be done by putting more people to work.  As you well know, that is the opposite of what are the policies of the Progressives and President Barack Hussein Obama.

Wasn't it President William Jefferson Clinton who signed the Welfare Reform Act of 1996?  That was the law which allowed millions of people to move from the welfare rolls and tax recipients to the pay rolls and being tax payers.  That also restored their self esteem, pride and very soul.

As you also know, President Barack Hussein Obama negated that law when he signed his failed Stimulus Plan.  That encouraged states to put more people on welfare.

It would be so very refreshing if, at least occasionally, you could stick to the topic being discussed.

As to your comment on the availability of birth control I'm not at all sure that is the case, that it is there for free. Do you have any documentation along those lines? I hear complaints from companies who don't want to include birth control pills as part of their employees health coverage so there must be a cost involved. Just wondering. Also, and just as important, a person has to learn about birth control in order to take advantage of it. It is not enough for it to just be out there; it has to be used.
It is not the cost, some companies have a moral objection to paying for birth control devices.

Here's a novel idea, the PARENTS teach THEIR children about birth control and NOT that having babies will increase their welfare payments.

Call your local Planned Parenthood and tell them you're unemployed, living on welfare and how much would birth control pills cost. Planned Parenthood isn't fond of the whole birth control issue since they make far more money doing abortions.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:

I stick to the topic being discussed. I was responding and backing up my point with FACTS. Here is what was posted:

"othershoe1030 wrote:Markle and PD you are both total hypocrites of the highest order when you claim such BS as liberals not wanting to protect the weak.

You are NOT PRO-LIFE, you are only pro-birth. After that little guy, you are on your own, good luck and don't let the door hit you on your way out."
###
In order to effectively CUT SPENDING we have to put more people to work. Something I used factual charts to vividly demonstrate that President Barack Hussein Obama has refused to do and has added more and more people to our labor force which are not working. Thus...not paying taxes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum