Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Hope None of Ya'll Owned Blocbuster Video Stock

+4
Nekochan
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/tech/gaming-gadgets/blockbuster-video-stores-impact/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Blocbuster is closing its last 300 stores. They could no longer compete with RedBox, and NetFlix etc.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

With a few more tweaks to netflixs online, Redbox will be gone also..people don't like returning movies...

Markle

Markle

I wonder what comes next after Netflix?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Blockbuster sure held on for a long time but everyone had to see the writing on the wall for them years ago.  

I like Netflix but there are a lot of movies they don't have.

Sal

Sal

It's news to me that Blockbuster still had stores open.

I thought they had gone the way of the dinosaur years ago.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah Redbox don't need no Obamacare....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:I wonder what comes next after Netflix?

Eventually all movies will be streamed over the internet.  Over time the download speeds will get a lot faster and the technology will get a lot cheaper and movie DVD's will only be found alongside printed books in antique shops. So I would recommend against buying redbox stock as well.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

Years ago I was a netflix early adopter and most of the movies could be streamed.
I came back to netflix several months ago and discovered most of the movies now have to be mailed DVD's.  It sucks.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

If there is a movie we really want to see.....we order from direct tv. We watched The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy fot $4.99. Haven't laughed that much during a movie in a long time.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Years ago I was a netflix early adopter and most of the movies could be streamed.
I came back to netflix several months ago and discovered most of the movies now have to be mailed DVD's.  It sucks.
Yes, and they really pissed a lot of people off a couple of years ago when they raised the price so much for the mailed DVDs.  At that time, we switched to streaming only, which is what Netflix no doubt wanted. But why don't they offer all of those movies streaming?  I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a larger selection of movies.

boards of FL

boards of FL

There was still an open Blockbuster on the corner of 9th and Creighton, in between Four Winds and Richie's. I noticed it the other day and did a double take.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Will streaming video eventually put movie theaters (and overpriced popcorn) out of business?

I watch a full length movie about once every three years, if I can stay awake through the whole length of it. Haven't been to a movie theater in 5-6 years.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum