Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

well, my worst nightmare about the pool came true

+4
cool1
Markle
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Crying or Very sad 

well, my worst nightmare about the pool came true Snake_10

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:Crying or Very sad 

well, my worst nightmare about the pool came true Snake_10
We've had a problem with snakes..... not in the pool but around the pool. We had a small rattlesnake come in the house through the pool bath door. Scared the crap out of me. The kids sent one of the workers over to catch and kill it. Daughter had a snake in her garage 2 days ago.

we are all kind of creeped out about it. You know I had to get used to those freaking spiders that seem to be able to live in the water. they look dead, are on the bottom and but they aint!!!! What a Face 

And I have always had a fear of a snake getting in here. I have no idea how he got in here to be honest. and you know I sit out here all the time because I don't smoke in my house. I don't know how in the hell the thing got in here. My son shooed it out the door. the damn thing stood up like a cobra lol I would have preferred to kill it, but they didn't.

2seaoat

Snakes are no fun in your home. Hell, they are no fun in your yard.....Old Daze and his yearly battle with snakes was something I would not care to deal with..........I have been lucky and have only been bitten once by a snake.....it was enough. I kill snakes. I do not go out of my way, but if they enter my closure.....they are dead.

2seaoat wrote:Snakes are no fun in your home.   Hell, they are no fun in your yard.....Old Daze and his yearly battle with snakes was something I would not care to deal with..........I have been lucky and have only been bitten once by a snake.....it was enough.   I kill snakes.  I do not go out of my way, but if they enter my closure.....they are dead.
I kill them too. I have no idea why they did not kill it. I was at work or I would have demanded it got killed.

My issue is I have no idea how this snake got in here. this is a completely enclosed area. Now I have this nightmare of a thought of swimming in the pool and a damn snake coming out of water pump holes. Crying or Very sad 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Snakes are no fun in your home.   Hell, they are no fun in your yard.....Old Daze and his yearly battle with snakes was something I would not care to deal with..........I have been lucky and have only been bitten once by a snake.....it was enough.   I kill snakes.  I do not go out of my way, but if they enter my closure.....they are dead.
cheers 

Daughter's neighbor told her, the snake in her garage was harmless and to just leave it alone......she called me and I told her to kill it.

When you are afraid of snakes.....they are all dangerous.

2seaoat

If that snake is not dead....and he made it into your closure....he will be back, and from the pool to the interior of the house is not a big deal. You need to wire and foam any openings you find on your perimeter. Physics tell you that there is an entry point. Inspect.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I had a flower bed on one side of the pool bath door. The snake slithered in from the flower bed when my daughter opened the door. I had the flower bed dug up and it will be concreted.

Chrissy if your screen door is self closing he may have gotten in that way.

Markle

Markle

Wow...SNAKES IN FLORIDA! Wink Wink 

cool1

cool1

I don't like snakes period of any kind Mad

Sal

Sal

Looks like a racer snake. 

If that's what it is, it's actually a beneficial snake. 

They aren't venomous, and they eat a lot of rodents. 

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'll never forget the time I was visiting my grandparents - who lived way up in northern Minnesota in the middle of nowhere - and saw a snake out near their detached garage. I was probably around 10 at the time. Ole grandpa came out, "Show me where it is!" , grabbed it by the tale and snapped it like a whip, right in front of me. Don't think I have ever been more impressed.

Sal wrote:Looks like a racer snake. 

If that's what it is, it's actually a beneficial snake. 

They aren't venomous, and they eat a lot of rodents. 
yeah, its a black racer. so im told.

if it comes back though I have to kill it, because it will give me a heart attack and that alone makes it dangerous to my health lol

Sal

Sal

When my little brother was around 12, he confided in me that he'd had a nightmare where he was surrounded by snakes. 

Snakes everywhere.

I told him that the snakes represented penises, and that the dream meant he was definitely gay. 

The next day he went to the school guidance counselor distraught because he thought he was gay. 

I got in a lot of trouble for it after the counselor called my mother, but my brother and I still laugh about it. 

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't like snakes.No

I have heard that if you dream about snakes, it means you have an enemy out to get you.

2seaoat

Wow, somebody had confidence in what a school counselor had to say........I am impressed. I did not hold my counselor's up very high on the get their opinion scale.....actually, I think school counselors screw more kids up than they help.

Sal wrote:When my little brother was around 12, he confided in me that he'd had a nightmare where he was surrounded by snakes. 

Snakes everywhere.

I told him that the snakes represented penises, and that the dream meant he was definitely gay. 

The next day he went to the school guidance counselor distraught because he thought he was gay. 

I got in a lot of trouble for it after the counselor called my mother, but my brother and I still laugh about it. 

lol
I was always told when you dream about snakes, those snakes are a enemy and that you shouldn't let them bite you in your dream.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:When my little brother was around 12, he confided in me that he'd had a nightmare where he was surrounded by snakes. 

Snakes everywhere.

lol
I was always told when you dream about snakes, those snakes are a enemy and that you shouldn't let them bite you in your dream.
Me too, except for the bite part.

Snakes everywhere.

lol
LMAO... being the oldest brother and cousin... thats pretty funny. I got away with... and in trouble for... tons of shit.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Snakes everywhere.

al Black]I got in a lot of trouble for it after the counselor called my mother, but my brother and I still laugh about it. [/font">

lol
Shocked  OMG

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In 1992 I saw a rattle snake out on Santa Rosa Island (inside the National Seashore, maybe a mile west of the Fort Pickens gate) that was very large. I only saw the last 12 inches of it, and based on how wide that part of the snake was, I did not care to see how big the rest of it was. They also have lots of water moccasins out there in wetland areas.

The wetlands at NAS Pensacola are also loaded with water moccasins.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sometimes I feel like I live in a wild kingdom....snakes, opossums, racoons, armadillos, foxes, and 2 bear sightings within a block of me in the last month.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum