Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Science Friday

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Science Friday Empty Science Friday 11/1/2013, 9:10 pm

Every Friday is Science Friday on National Pubic Radio.
The parts I had time to listen to were about Storm Flooding and if there is anything that can be done about it.  Engineers from the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers were on. The consensus is that natural barriers such as marshes, reefs and barrier islands are the best protection. Man made jetties and sea walls do not work so well. They also said that Florida is screwed when the sea levels rise, and the seas will rise. The Greater Miami metro area is especially vulnerable to the sea level rise. Bummer.
The second part I heard was about a kit to build your own digital camera. The instructions also go through each part of the camera teaching you how all the parts work. Very cool.
I share this because a certain crusty old bigot enjoys typing lies on this cute, little forum about NPR. Shows like Science Friday are what is on NPR. See, this certain crusty old bigot (you know who you are) seems to believe that if the news does not have a right-slant then it must automatically have a left slant.
Not true.

NPR simply reports the news. And it is possible to simply report the news. (Google: Cronkite)
So when this pissed off old man from Tallahassee types more lies about NPR, you can consider the source.
Thanks for reading.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum