Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who pays what?

+3
Markle
Joanimaroni
Jake92
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who pays what? Empty Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:42 am

Jake92

Recently, while I was working on my lawn mower in my front yard,
my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up.

She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, Democratic Party members were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn,
pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked,

"Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.

2Who pays what? Empty Other People's Money 10/27/2013, 10:55 am

As with many people, your young neighbor has subscribed to the notion that it is easy to be magnanimous (with other people’s money). You have planted the seed of reality. I am inspired to try to educate those likeminded. Unfortunately, it’s an uphill battle, and not everyone who knows how this works actually practices it. E.g., the Congress recently worked out a deal to keep the federal government running. One little known item was the $174,000 stipend to the widow of recently deceased Frank Lautenberg. The late senator’s estate is estimated at over $50,000,000. But it was, oh so easy to give this rich widow $174,000 of other people’s money – our money. Not even our money, since Congress borrows in order to spend.

3Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:57 am

Jake92 wrote:Recently, while I was working on my lawn mower in my front yard,
my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up.

She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, Democratic Party members were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!

"Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!" I told her.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn,
pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked,

"Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

4Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:59 am

Jake92

It was NOT my neighbor, but just an e-mail I got and pasted into the forums..

5Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 11:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers 

6Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 1:19 pm

Jake92 wrote:It was NOT my neighbor, but just an e-mail I got and pasted into the forums..  
I knew that was a made up story.

7Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 1:23 pm

Jake92

But it's 100% accurate of the mentality of BOTH parties before they decided to support the party and major campaign donators instead of the people who elected them...

8Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 2:02 pm

Jake92 wrote:But it's 100% accurate of the mentality of BOTH parties before they decided to support the party and major campaign donators instead of the people who elected them...
Yes, it clearly lays out the "ideology" for the two parties

9Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 5:06 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Jake92 wrote:It was NOT my neighbor, but just an e-mail I got and pasted into the forums..  
Miss Stinky Toes,

It is called an "analogy". Thanks for playing and get your parting gift at the door.

10Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 5:23 pm

Clearly, there's a reason you teach ESE. You don't have a lot of challenges to your dumbass. You should be looking up the difference between an enpennage vs. an appendage.

11Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:31 pm

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
True, but of the facts in the story, what is not true?

12Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:33 pm

All of it,Markle. It was a made up story.

13Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/27/2013, 10:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:All of it,Markle. It was a made up story.
What is not true about the principles?  You just hate it because it is so very true in every aspect.

Last edited by Markle on 10/28/2013, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 1:06 am

Jake92

I NEVER said it's a made up story, just that I got it in an e-mail..  It might have been a mail from a friend or coworker.......  Dreams just has to argue everything that makes the democrats look bad and put her own spin on everything.....

15Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 1:16 am

2seaoat

What is not true about the principals? You just hate it because it is so very true in every aspect.

Did I miss something. What school and principal was involved in this homeless analogy? If I can figure out which principals and which schools you are talking about, I might be able to tell you if something was said about them, and if it was true.

16Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 1:18 am

Jake92

Just read it from the very beginning..

17Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 1:28 am

2seaoat

Just read it from the very beginning..

Jake,
I am just having a little fun with Mr. Markle's use of the word principal when he really meant to use the word principle. I think as a general rule young people do want to make change with other people's money, and as we age we do not want anybody doing anything with OUR money. I think Mr. Markle's point, and your story bear some truth, but I like to look at the totality of the problem with subsidy and loopholes, and those principles would change the context of the story.

18Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 9:14 am

seaoat = the man with 10,000 useless words over and over. Rolling Eyes 

19Who pays what? Empty All a lie..... 10/28/2013, 9:48 am

So it was all a lie, congratulations.
Coming to grips with reality usually is a side-product of education. This young person has a good heart, obviously. (compared with most conservatives who have no heart) The question should be, "Why is that guy homeless?" But that would take empathy, not a common trait of the far-right conservative now, is it?

I am surprised that you had the good conscience to come clean about your lie. That is better than most of the ultra-conservative contributors to this cute, little forum. Mr. Markle's and Pee-dog/KarlRove's lies will go to the grave with them.
Thanks for having the balls to admit publically you are a liar, Jake.

20Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 10:04 am

Jake92

Carl, YOU are dumber than the average rock.. NOPLACE in the post mentioned anybody was homeless until YOU said it.......

21Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 4:34 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Great post if you're a 3rd-grader with a bad attitude. Otherwise, nothing more than a simplistic reinforcement of the GOP BS meme that anyone not a member of the elephant club is a worthless, lazy bum. Most of those (worthless, lazy bums) occupy the higher echelons, wear suits, think nothing of exploiting other human beings for personal gain, and thrive on government subsidies, contracts and tax loopholes. That's your modern-day GOP...crass, narcissistic, greedy lying scum.

22Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 4:41 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
Great post if you're a 3rd-grader with a bad attitude.  Otherwise, nothing more than a simplistic reinforcement of the GOP BS meme that anyone not a member of the elephant club is a worthless, lazy bum.  Most of those (worthless, lazy bums) occupy the higher echelons, wear suits, think nothing of exploiting other human beings for personal gain, and thrive on government subsidies, contracts and tax loopholes.  That's your modern-day GOP...crass, narcissistic, greedy lying scum.

Great reply!

cheers cheers cheers 

23Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 5:14 pm

Amazing. More dumbass people come along who dont get a simple analogy. Rolling Eyes 

24Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 5:32 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:Amazing. More dumbass people come along who dont get a simple analogy. Rolling Eyes 
What analogy? The GOP is falling apart and you're in denial.

25Who pays what? Empty Re: Who pays what? 10/28/2013, 5:54 pm

Markle

Markle

Wow...Progressives with nothing but whining, name calling and slurs.

A serious point is made and the Progressives go absolutely ape ****.

It is impossible for them to argue the point made so instead of manning up and admitting the point, the Progressives go crazy trying to deny the truth or change the entire topic.

So impressive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum