Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOS ...Morse and Light signals Might be handy ... --- ...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Every see a boat flashing a light an wondered if it might be a SOS?  If you are in danger and need help the old  SOS is good thing to know  3 short ... 3 long 3 short.   Need help in your car?  3 short 3 long taps of the horn is better than just one long honk.   At night signalling for help  is much much more effect that just shining a light.  Most EMS, Boaters, Etc already know it so you chances of getting help is increased.
There also a lot of apps for your phone
http://appcrawlr.com/iphone-apps/best-apps-morse-code?price=&max=12&q=morse+code&deviceSeo=iphone&prefix=top-apps&device=android&offset=36
... --- ...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had engine trouble on the Battleship Massachusetts at night. Saw a coast guard cutter heading by and sent an SOS with a flash light. They took forever to get around the Battleship. They didn't want to get sunk on the turrets that stick out of the water. I upped anchor and drifted back into open water and threw them a line and they pulled me in..That was quite a ride, a twenty foot Thompson pulled by a 140 ft cutter. They no longer will pull you in, you have to call a tow service... They were very professional back then and I was very thankful for their help.

I was sitting on my boat one night in the middle of the bay, grand bayou not far from where I used to dock from the house. I did that all the time. The military police came up to me, and scooched up to my boat.. we had a conversation and after they figured out I could still touch my nose, the guy gave me a some lessons on that. He also gave me a nice orange whistle.

and told me to take it home.

good info here guys... you never know

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum