Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millions losing their health coverage due to Obamacare

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/millions-americans-are-losing-their-health-plans-because-obamacare_764602.html

Keep your own insurance? Nope.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I actually spent considerable time at the ACA website today with my daughter. Her current plan with CIGNA is going up 24% in December, and we compared what she might find under the new law. We actually found a plan with AETNA (a Silver plan) that has a $10 lower monthly premium, roughly comparable coverage, but a 30% lower deductible. I think I am going to recommend she go with AETNA's plan.

But no, she was not going to lose her healthcare because of the ACA. In fact, CIGNA (underwriter of her current plan) was all ready to sign her up for 2014 when she called them today. We are going to think about it for another 2 weeks and then pull the trigger--likely on the ACA plan we looked at.

The ACA website gets a "C" grade from me. Not the disaster everyone claims it to be, but it could have been set up better.

Her CIGNA plan was originally written with exclusions for some pre-existing conditions from her childhood that she was never treated for. Thankfully, those are now covered.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I actually spent considerable time at the ACA website today with my daughter. Her current plan with CIGNA is going up 24% in December, and we compared what she might find under the new law. We actually found a plan with AETNA (a Silver plan) that has a $10 lower monthly premium, roughly comparable coverage, but a 30% lower deductible. I think I am going to recommend she go with AETNA's plan.

But no, she was not going to lose her healthcare because of the ACA. In fact, CIGNA (underwriter of her current plan) was all ready to sign her up for 2014 when she called them today. We are going to think about it for another 2 weeks and then pull the trigger--likely on the ACA plan we looked at.

The ACA website gets a "C" grade from me. Not the disaster everyone claims it to be, but it could have been set up better.

Her CIGNA plan was originally written with exclusions for some pre-existing conditions from her childhood that she was never treated for. Thankfully, those are now covered.
Glad she gets to keep her insurance, but millions (MILLIONS) are not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum