Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My latest experience with the greatest health care system in the world (pre-obamacare).

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My health insurance includes a drug plan.  It is contracted with CVS Caremark (the same outfit which provides drug coverage with many insurance plans).

It works like this.  It's all mail order (I can't get the dope from a local CVS drugstore even though they are on every corner and they're the same outfit).
Brand name drugs are $30 and generics are $15.  
It gives me up to $900 worth of drugs per year (the retail value,  not the co-pay).
It gives me $1000 per year in retail value of drugs but the first time I order a drug I pay a $100 surcharge so that means it actually gives me $900 in drug coverage.

The only thing I use it for is Tricor (generic Fenofibrate).  My other five meds I buy either at Walmart,  Walgreens or Publix because I can get them as cheap that way as paying the co-pay through the drug plan.  And if I do that it leaves the whole $900 available for the Fenofibrate which is the expensive one.

I filled the Fenofibrate prescription twice this year for $15 for each refill (90 pills).  For many many years,  I have always had to tell the drug plan when I needed a refill.  They never sent a refill unsolicited.
Then about six weeks ago,  they sent me another Fenofibrate refill with a bill for $242.
I got so pissed that I immediately repacked the drug and mailed it back with a letter saying "never send me another prescription unless I tell you to send it".

Yesterday,  i received another refill (unsolicited again) of Fenofibrate  with a bill for $15.

So the greatest health care system in the world tried to scam me out of $242.  And what is so maddening about that is,  that the $242 they charged me for Fenofibrate is WAY higher than I could walk into any drug store and purchase it for WITHOUT even having any goddamn drug plan.  

What you need to realize is that millions of people are relying on CVS Caremark for obtaining prescriptions through their insurance drug plan.
And a large portion of them will get that same scam from CVS Caremark and they will just accept it and pay the money.

2seaoat

We need representatives in Congress and the White House which are going to take on Big Pharm. It is simply a scandal.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Didn't obama say he would stop the lobbyists? I think he did. Along with a transparent gubment. Just two more lies.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

gulfbeachbandit wrote:Didn't obama say he would stop the lobbyists?  I think he did.  Along with a transparent gubment.  Just two more lies.
Yes he did.  And so did every asshole who ever campaigned for president or for congress.  And half the sorry motherfuckers (both parties) who get into the congress become high-paid lobbyists when they leave it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:We need representatives in Congress and the White House which are going to take on Big Pharm.   It is simply a scandal.  
Keep an eye on Elizabeth Warren of Mass. She is a great consumer advocate and will be one person on the side of the 98% of us. There are not many in congress in that category these days, too worried about getting re-elected, not trying to do a good job for the majority of people so they WILL be re-elected. It is a sad way to run a government.

Bob wrote:My health insurance includes a drug plan.  It is contracted with CVS Caremark (the same outfit which provides drug coverage with many insurance plans).

It works like this.  It's all mail order (I can't get the dope from a local CVS drugstore even though they are on every corner and they're the same outfit).
Brand name drugs are $30 and generics are $15.  
It gives me up to $900 worth of drugs per year (the retail value,  not the co-pay).
It gives me $1000 per year in retail value of drugs but the first time I order a drug I pay a $100 surcharge so that means it actually gives me $900 in drug coverage.

The only thing I use it for is Tricor (generic Fenofibrate).  My other five meds I buy either at Walmart,  Walgreens or Publix because I can get them as cheap that way as paying the co-pay through the drug plan.  And if I do that it leaves the whole $900 available for the Fenofibrate which is the expensive one.

I filled the Fenofibrate prescription twice this year for $15 for each refill (90 pills).  For many many years,  I have always had to tell the drug plan when I needed a refill.  They never sent a refill unsolicited.
Then about six weeks ago,  they sent me another Fenofibrate refill with a bill for $242.
I got so pissed that I immediately repacked the drug and mailed it back with a letter saying "never send me another prescription unless I tell you to send it".

Yesterday,  i received another refill (unsolicited again) of Fenofibrate  with a bill for $15.

So the greatest health care system in the world tried to scam me out of $242.  And what is so maddening about that is,  that the $242 they charged me for Fenofibrate is WAY higher than I could walk into any drug store and purchase it for WITHOUT even having any goddamn drug plan.  

What you need to realize is that millions of people are relying on CVS Caremark for obtaining prescriptions through their insurance drug plan.
And a large portion of them will get that same scam from CVS Caremark and they will just accept it and pay the money.
EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE MOTHER FUCKING PHARMACUETICAL COMPANIES ARE NOT THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, THEY ARE THE DRUG MANUFACTURING SYSTEM.

please understand the two different entities.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"My health insurance includes a drug plan." - Bob

Neither is the insurance industry the "health care industry". It's just the territory a patient has to navigate to receive health care, which, apparently I need to point out, often involves the doctor prescribing PILLS.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I call the whole shebang the "Medical/Industrial/Governmental Complex".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I call the whole shebang the "Medical/Industrial/Governmental Complex".
Are you feeling better?

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:I call the whole shebang the "Medical/Industrial/Governmental Complex".
Are you feeling better?
heh... you're a big softy flatex.

I hope you're feeling better too Bob. Have you tried massive quantities of alcohol?

seriously tho... I use an inverter table... or whatever it's called. You hang upside down by ur ankles... stretches the spine.

I over cook my body all the time these days... it really helps.

dumpcare

Well when the Medicare act was passed in 2003 there was a little clause inserted that the government would not or could not negotiate or demand the drug prices come down. Now who passed that? But Obama did promise that dirty so and so to repeal that.

well you might as well add the bed manufacturing business to that too, because when you go to a hospital, you always get put in a bed.

Clearly the pharmaceutical industry is separate from (HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY = PROVIDERS) because they have way better lobbyist than the healthcare industry(providers).

Health CARE Providers = doctors, nurses, all other ancillary staff at hospitals, private practices.

Pharmaceutical industry = those greedy fucking bastards that hold healthcare providers hostage with the gov help.

I guess we can now add the IRS and the entire gov to be included as part of the healthcare industry now, right

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I got another bill in the mail yesterday for $242 even though I sent the goddamn medication back to CVS Caremark.

My latest experience with the greatest health care system in the world (pre-obamacare). Cvs10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum