Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process.

+2
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I finally was able to get through, to register, to log in, and then go through the whole process. At the end it gave me this...

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process. Obamac10

So what happens now?

You download the nsa/fbi virus and try again.

dumpcare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPvfEVS5R4

I don't believe it's working Bob

dumpcare

Bob here is a very good estimator on what subsidy if any you would receive. I can send you plans all day long. They base your subsidy of the 2nd lowest silver plan.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Bob here is a very good estimator on what subsidy if any you would receive. I can send you plans all day long. They base your subsidy of the 2nd lowest silver plan.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
thanks, ppaca. i'll use it right now.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

It tells me my annual premium will be $1448/year.
I'm now paying $4500/year for Mega.

Looks like it's a no brainer for me to switch from Mega to Obamacare
for the month of January.
Would you agree?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You are so trusting Bob....You really think Obamacare will be functional when you need it ?

Bob wrote:ppaca,

Would you agree?
No, Bob pay the $4500 a yr. so Teo can say Obamacare sucks.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:

Would you agree?
No, Bob pay the $4500 a yr. so Teo can say Obamacare sucks.
Forgive me for blaspheming your god Dreams...

My God has compassion for people in need.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are so trusting Bob....You really think Obamacare will be functional when you need it ?
Well once upon a time I relied on the private sector, teo, and that got me something called Mega Life and Health Insurance Company, aka what Russ Limbaugh calls "the greatest health care system in the world"...

http://www.stuartlaw.us/shopping-for-health-insurance/have-you-been-lsquo-ripped-off-rsquo-by-the-mega-life-and-health-insurance-company

In other words, I've already been to the lower depths of hell.
SO, even if obama is the antichrist, he can't be no worse than Satan himself. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:My God has compassion for people in need.
I thought your god got his jollies droning little kids in Pakistan.

dumpcare

Would you agree?
Now wait a minute Bob, you did see the quotes I sent you directly from Florida Blue? Multiply that by 12 that's the annual premium. Subtract the amount it said for subsidy then that is your premium calculated annually.  Did I send you a silver plan? You must have entered a very low income projections for 2014. Your calculation come's to $121.00 per month. You sure you did that right? Did you put in tobacco use?

For Teo
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE IT IS NOT OBAMACARE HE'LL BE PURCHASING , HE WILL BE PURCHASING FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY. THE GOVT HAS NO SAY SO ON HIS CLAIMS.

dumpcare

By the way Bob haven't you received a letter from Mega? There plans are not minimum essential health benefits and should be ending Dec 31, this year. Well maybe not if they are on a plan year that isn't on Jan 1.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

ppaca wrote:

Would you agree?
Now wait a minute Bob, you did see the quotes I sent you directly from Florida Blue? Multiply that by 12 that's the annual premium. Subtract the amount it said for subsidy then that is your premium calculated annually.  Did I send you a silver plan? You must have entered a very low income projections for 2014. Your calculation come's to $121.00 per month. You sure you did that right? Did you put in tobacco use?

For Teo
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE IT IS NOT OBAMACARE HE'LL BE PURCHASING , HE WILL BE PURCHASING FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY. THE GOVT HAS NO SAY SO ON HIS CLAIMS.
Oh okay that makes it all better Bob loves insurance companies....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

I messed up and didn't see the age choice (it defaulted to age 21).

When I went back and put in age 64 and smoker and my income $22,000,  this what it gives me.

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process. Obamac11

p.s. I haven't gotten anything from Mega yet telling me the insurance will stop at the end of the year.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Like Tarzan Bob...don't let go of one vine until you are sure the other one is gonna hold.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Like Tarzan Bob...don't let go of one vine until you are sure the other one is gonna hold.
Mega is a vine that aint attached to the tree,  teo.  lol

But of course anything in the "private sector" is automatically good. Just ask merkle and hannity and limbaw and any other conservative or libertarian. lol

dumpcare

Ok, looks like you did that right. Remember that is just an estimate.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Ok, looks like you did that right. Remember that is just an estimate.
ppaca,

It says...

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process. Obamac12

Just for the sake of discussion, let's assume that estimated amount is true. If it is, does that actually mean that I can buy insurance for the month of January for only a little more than $100?
And since my Mega policy is paid through April, will Mega have to rebate me a pro-rated amount left over when I cancel on Jan 1?

just remember bob, I see you are giddy and im glad for you. but all those young people whos houses are not paid off etc etc who make a measly $22,000 a year are not going to be happy being forced to pay even $50 a month for insurance they feel they wont use because they are not old and sickly.

just want to put this in perspective.

with that said, the insurance reform ill have its effects later on down the line of the "care" part. so enjoy it while you can and hopfully you wont fall victim to a over worked staff member during your visits.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy wrote:just remember bob, I see you are giddy and im glad for you. but all those young people whos houses are not paid off etc etc who make a measly $22,000 a year are not going to be happy being forced to pay even $50 a month for insurance they feel they wont use because they are not old and sickly.

with that said, the insurance reform ill have its effects later on down the line of the "care" part. so enjoy it while you can and hopfully you wont fall victim to a over worked staff member during your visits.

Chrissy, one good car accident with traumatic injuries could result in that young person's being saddled with major debt for the rest of his life. Chances are good that the young person would not be able to obtain any rehabilitation services during his recovery from the accident, either. Do I even need to mention what would happen to that young person's credit rating?

Do our young people really want to take that chance? I know I didn't when I was young. I made sure I had insurance.

I find it hard to believe that young people are so stupid as to believe insurance is used only for illness. Matter of fact, I don't believe our young people are that stupid!

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:just remember bob, I see you are giddy and im glad for you. but all those young people whos houses are not paid off etc etc who make a measly $22,000 a year are not going to be happy being forced to pay even $50 a month for insurance they feel they wont use because they are not old and sickly.

Chrissy, one good car accident with traumatic injuries could result in that young person's being saddled with major debt for the rest of his life. Chances are good that the young person would not be able to obtain any rehabilitation services during his recovery from the accident, either. Do I even need to mention what would happen to that young person's credit rating?

Do our young people really want to take that chance? I know I didn't when I was young. I made sure I had insurance.

I find it hard to believe that young people are so stupid as to believe insurance is used only for illness. Matter of fact, I don't believe our young people are that stupid!
PB, it awesome to think like a old person, I do it everyday. I am loaded with insurance lol

and PB if you were thinking about health insurance when you were younger, you are in a small minority.

ACA needs 2.8 million young people to sign up to make it work.

and this is again just the insurance side of it.

I don't have time to go all in and repeat the same things ive said about the care side it. because we should all know that when people are given something for free or basically so cheap they will over use it. ask Medicaid and medicare.

How broke are those gov plans? broke enough that we need more of it right? yes, that's the solution, toss more shit at the wall.

increase the debt, bankrupt health providers which will in turn bankrupt those that get laid off, again destabilizing the middle class again.

but no worries, some of you will get yours. Those of us who are still young enough we have to work another 20 years or so, well, we will be the ones paying for it. not you. enjoy the sugar coated turd while you can. Smile 

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:Ok, looks like you did that right. Remember that is just an estimate.
ppaca,

It says...

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process. Obamac12

Just for the sake of discussion,  let's assume that estimated amount is true.  If it is,  does that actually mean that I can buy insurance for the month of January for only a little more than $100?
And since my Mega policy is paid through April,  will Mega have to rebate me a pro-rated amount left over when I cancel on Jan 1?

I would not cancel a thing until you know for sure that amount is correct, but yes if you give them 45 days notice they have to refund the unearned premium to you.

That was a Kaiser calculator a close estimate, but it seems to me and I just can't remember, when you get into healthcare.gov they will estimate different at age 64. I'm sorry I can't remember, but I have set up so many dummy account's at different ages. Have you been back to the doc and does he think you will need treatment in Jan? I know anything can happen but if he's confident you won't need treatment in Jan, just keep what you have for one more month. I don't know the whole situation so only you and your doc know's what to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum