Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flesh Eating bacterium in Escambia

+2
2seaoat
dumpcare
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.pnj.com/article/20131007/NEWS01/131007009/Escambia-reports-first-case-flesh-eating-bacterium?nclick_check=1

2seaoat

Yikes......1 in 3 death rate.

On July 29 I was at 50/50 in ICU

2seaoat

On July 29 I was at 50/50 in ICU

Did you figure out the point of entry and what body of water got you?

2seaoat wrote:On July 29 I was at 50/50 in ICU

Bilateral PE, not the water

One thing I said way back during the oil spill was to expect a robust bacterium comeback.

I wonder why thy wont tell where the infection occurred? or did I miss it?

There is some real bad stuff in Bayou Chico.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:On July 29 I was at 50/50 in ICU

Bilateral PE, not the water

You are lucky. Glad you are ok.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

We have paper mills, coal burning power plants, and chemical production facilities that all dump tons of toxic crapola into the air and water of this region.

Speaking of which, last year federal water quality tests determined that Pensacola had the poorest quality drinking water in the country.

My God . . . could there be a CONNECTION between massive environmental pollution and a flesh-eating bacteria?

What do you think?

Welcome to the Panhandle . . . reality.

dumpcare

Chrissy wrote:One thing I said way back during the oil spill was to expect a robust bacterium comeback.

No they didn't say if the person was in water or eating shellfish. I can see them not listing the name, but at least let public know how or where the person picked it up.

ppaca wrote:
Chrissy wrote:One thing I said way back during the oil spill was to expect a robust bacterium comeback.

No they didn't say if the person was in water or eating shellfish. I can see them not listing the name, but at least let public know how or where the person picked it up.
hmmm. talk about caring about public safety.

anywho, I did research paper on "flesh eating bacteria" in order to graduate immunology almost 20 years ago. back then the media was reporting a flesh eating virus, thy had it wrong. Point being the media often use terms not exactly fitting for the situation. A person can develop necrotizing fasciitis from a few different bacteria's.

This particular bacteria is not the most popular bacteria for causing necrotizing fasciitis. strep is. most commonly MRSA.

So while its always good to be cautious, don't lt them scare you to death. It does seem like there is a slight increase in vibrio cases in the state, but maybe we are getting better at reporting them. its still a very low number.

I think its irresponsible that if they are going to tell you they had a case, and you guys have had some weird shit there, make no mistake. You've had stuff that is reported to cdc all the time, some stuff considered biological weapon. but anyway, they should have told you where infection occurred, or why else tell you?

In the end: Don't stop living your life because you are afraid of dying.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is exactly why I only buy basa when I want to eat fish. I no longer eat any of that stuff coming from local waters.

2seaoat

This is exactly why I only buy basa when I want to eat fish. I no longer eat any of that stuff coming from local waters.

That cow may have already left the barn.

cool1

cool1

PACEDOG#1 wrote:On July 29 I was at 50/50 in ICU

very lucky -glad you got over that stuff man.

Ty cool1 and joani.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum