Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Civilian doc changing his practice

+2
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Well, visited my doc today since I'm now back home and massive changes are coming at his practice starting 28 January.

He informed me that his practice will be a part of MDVIP. That means if I want to continue to use him as my PCP, I will have to fork over to him an additional 1650 per year not counting what I already pay in premiums to Tricare Reserve Select. He is going to limit his practice to 500 patients and I won't have to wait to see him when I am sick or whatnot. I will also be participating in a wellness program with lot of proactive items that, according to the research, reduced hospital stays by 79%.

He says that the changes are needed to eliminate what he sees coming through the ACA and insurance companies combined. He said he was tired of having to fill out multiple forms on patients due by the government and insurance companies just to practice medicine and justifying the treatment regimens he prescribed.

Not sure what I will do because he is an awesome doc I have seen for 20 years now. That 1650 is money I could put towards my 403b plan or something else ( debt ).

Not happy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Well, visited my doc today since I'm now back home and massive changes are coming at his practice starting 28 January.

He informed me that his practice will be a part of MDVIP. That means if I want to continue to use him as my PCP, I will have to fork over to him an additional 1650 per year not counting what I already pay in premiums to Tricare Reserve Select. He is going to limit his practice to 500 patients and I won't have to wait to see him when I am sick or whatnot. I will also be participating in a wellness program with lot of proactive items that, according to the research, reduced hospital stays by 79%.

He says that the changes are needed to eliminate what he sees coming through the ACA and insurance companies combined. He said he was tired of having to fill out multiple forms on patients due by the government and insurance companies just to practice medicine and justifying the treatment regimens he prescribed.

Not sure what I will do because he is an awesome doc I have seen for 20 years now. That 1650 is money I could put towards my 403b plan or something else ( debt ).

Not happy.
Obama BLOWBACK already...good for the Doc...kick Government ass and resist being a slave.

2seaoat

If you make that choice and the Doctor can make a comfortable living and provide top grade care for his patients, it sounds like a win/win. I had the same doctor for 30 years and he retired. If I could do it over, I would have looked for a much younger doctor who I now have. The guy saved my life finding the tumor, and if my insurance did not pay his bill, I would find a way to stay with him. He to has limited his practice, and I had to pull strings to get him to take my wife. Doctors have for 10 years been doing this kind of thing, and my doctor limited his patients at least 5 years ago.

I make decent money, divorce and all...still that 1650 will bite hard. Just don't know yet. He is having a meeting for his patients next week. I will attend.

5Civilian doc changing his practice Empty So sorry... 10/8/2013, 6:13 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I make decent money, divorce and all...still that 1650 will bite hard. Just don't know yet. He is having a meeting for his patients next week. I will attend.
I am sorry to hear that you have to search for another doctor. I do not wish that on anyone.  I am more sorry to hear that your doctor is kicking you to the curb because he will not make as much money if he keeps you.
WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!  That means his wife will have to do with just the three Benzs in the garage. So sad!!!!!
Your doctor is greedy.  Doctors take the oath to help sick people; not make tons and tons of cash. If the recent cuts in benefits that were happening way before the PPACA are hurting him, so sad.
"Only one trip to Florence and Rome this year, dear."

Thanks for your time.

Would you go to a private doctor or clinic that specialized in govt insurance patients?

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:I make decent money, divorce and all...still that 1650 will bite hard. Just don't know yet. He is having a meeting for his patients next week. I will attend.
I am sorry to hear that you have to search for another doctor. I do not wish that on anyone.  I am more sorry to hear that your doctor is kicking you to the curb because he will not make as much money if he keeps you.
WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!  That means his wife will have to do with just the three Benzs in the garage. So sad!!!!!
Your doctor is greedy.  Doctors take the oath to help sick people; not make tons and tons of cash. If the recent cuts in benefits that were happening way before the PPACA are hurting him, so sad.

Thanks for your time.
My doc is a good man and busts his ass for his money, unlike you.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

Thanks for your time.
My doc is a good man and busts his ass for his money, unlike you.
cheers cheers cheers 

knothead

knothead

Is he on Davis Hwy. PD?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

[quote="PACEDOG#1"]
CarlSagan wrote:
I

am sorry to hear that you have to search for another doctor. I do not wish that on anyone.  I am more sorry to hear that your doctor is kicking you to the curb because he will not make as much money if he keeps you.

[b]Your doctor is greedy.  Doctors take the oath to help sick people; not make tons and tons of cash. If the recent cuts in benefits that were happening way before the PPACA are hurting him, so sad. [/b]

Thanks for your time.

Did his doctor kick him to the curb?

Your post makes it quite clear you really don' t know much about running a private medical practice. You are posting by the seat of your pants.

A small amount of knowledge can mislead people into thinking that they are more expert than they really are.

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:

Thanks for your time.
Carl Sagan's life long philosophy.

Civilian doc changing his practice Envy

He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.
― Socrates

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:

Thanks for your time.
Carl Sagan's life long philosophy.

Civilian doc changing his practice Envy

He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.
― Socrates

Nailed it!

cheers cheers cheers 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Who among us who are bashing doctors have spent even half as much time and money as doctors do, studying and working to learn a trade?

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:Who among us who are bashing doctors have spent even half as much time and money as doctors do, studying and working to learn a trade?

I just wish they wouldn't call it practice! lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Who among us who are bashing doctors have spent even half as much time and money as doctors do, studying and working to learn a trade?

cheers cheers cheers 

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:

lol!

The more you learn about medicine (except most diagnostics/surgery)... the more you realize it is practice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum