Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we had banned the sale of assault rifles, would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard?

+3
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
7 posters

If we had banned the sale of assault rifles, would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard?

If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_lcap0%If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_lcap100%If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 18 ]
If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_lcap0%If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well since he supposedly used a shotgun...you got my vote.

Since everyone has a smart phone these days... the govt should edict a mandatory competentcy test app before a peon can leave home. Hell... hook a breath analyzer to it too... they could even make sure you brushed your teeth. Let's fix stuff y'all.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You should have to send a picture in every morning to a group of gay men to make sure your clothes match and possibly a close up of ear and nose air would be needed.

no

but only if we could establish a civilian militia that could go house to house and round up all the un registered guns with search and seizer that might work.

while we are at that, we might need to remove all pressure cookers, pvc pipes and other items that those really smart criminals can use to lob objects at the unsuspecting public.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The vice president wants to ban assault weapons.  But he himself has recommended that we should have a shotgun at home for protection.

So much for the argument that banning assault weapons will prevent mass shootings.  To use a word Sal likes to use...   meh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meh

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Charlie Sheen's diary entry today...

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up in a pool of hookers. It used to be filled with water, but I find that hookers are much better to dive into. Then again, some of these broads had enough saline in their implants that, technically, the pool is still filled with salt water. I climbed out of the pool and made my way to the kitchen for a little breakfast. I had a box of Frosted Flakes and 7 grams of coke, snorted off a box of Corn Flakes. Breakfast of champions. They were Grrrrrrreat! Bring it!

Usually I don’t get up early enough to have breakfast, but some construction workers were making a racket outside of my house. At least, that’s what I thought it was, until I realized that it was my heartbeat.

I’m glad I’m up early. I have a TV interview that I need to be fresh for. This chick is pretty hot, too. If I buy her a Porsche, maybe she’ll let me hit it. If not, well, I’ll just hit the Boxster. Who cares?

I gotta hit the road. I just got wind of the fact that my old man is planning an intervention. So I’m going O.J., and climbing over the fence of my own property. The only way I’m leaving a bloody glove behind is if I blow my nose into one of my vintage baseball mitts. Catch you on the flip side Marty.

I’m winning!

Bob wrote:Charlie Sheen's diary entry today...

Dear Diary,

Today I woke up in a pool of hookers. It used to be filled with water, but I find that hookers are much better to dive into. Then again, some of these broads had enough saline in their implants that, technically, the pool is still filled with salt water. I climbed out of the pool and made my way to the kitchen for a little breakfast. I had a box of Frosted Flakes and 7 grams of coke, snorted off a box of Corn Flakes. Breakfast of champions. They were Grrrrrrreat! Bring it!

Usually I don’t get up early enough to have breakfast, but some construction workers were making a racket outside of my house. At least, that’s what I thought it was, until I realized that it was my heartbeat.

I’m glad I’m up early. I have a TV interview that I need to be fresh for. This chick is pretty hot, too. If I buy her a Porsche, maybe she’ll let me hit it. If not, well, I’ll just hit the Boxster. Who cares?

I gotta hit the road. I just got wind of the fact that my old man is planning an intervention. So I’m going O.J., and climbing over the fence of my own property. The only way I’m leaving a bloody glove behind is if I blow my nose into one of my vintage baseball mitts. Catch you on the flip side Marty.

I’m winning!
Bob, your post reminded me of this song. his is my last post for now.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You should have to send a picture in every morning to a group of gay men to make sure your clothes match and possibly a close up of ear and nose air would be needed.
Geeze...I'd never get out of the house. The worse was when I wore two different shoes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

On the subject of ear and nose hair, I have no comment. But on the topic under discussion, apparently the shooter's security clearance was conducted through a private contractor.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-09-19/business/42214893_1_security-clearance-usis-background

Contractor that vetted Snowden says it also ran background check for Navy Yard shooter
By Jia Lynn Yang and Matea Gold,September 19, 2013
USIS, the Falls Church government contractor that handled the background check for National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, said Thursday that it also vetted Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis for his ­secret-level clearance in 2007.

The company, which is under criminal investigation over whether it misled the government about the thoroughness of its background checks, said earlier this week that it had not handled Alexis’s case.

USIS spokesman Ray Howell said the company got new information Thursday.

“Today we were informed that in 2007, USIS conducted a background check of Aaron Alexis” for the Office of Personnel Management, Howell said in a statement. “We are contractually prohibited from retaining case information gathered as part of the background checks we conduct for OPM and therefore are unable to comment further on the nature or scope of this or any other background check.”

USIS, which was spun off from the federal government in the 1990s, has become the largest private provider of government background checks. With 7,000 employees, the company handles about 45 percent of all background checks for the OPM, congressional staffers say...

------------------

no stress

no stress

Funny thing also is that the shotgun that he used wasn't even on Diane Fucksteins list of weapons that she wanted a permanent ban on. I say we ban crazy fuckers

VectorMan

VectorMan

If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? If_guns_outlawed

AND KILL YOU SINCE YOU HAVE NO WAY TO RETURN FIRE!

VectorMan

VectorMan

PkrBum wrote:Since everyone has a smart phone these days... the govt should edict a mandatory competentcy test app before a peon can leave home. Hell... hook a breath analyzer to it too... they could even make sure you brushed your teeth. Let's fix stuff y'all.
Too embarrassed to go to the doctor to get tested for an sexually transmitted disease? Well, there’s a new phone app in the works that could help you with that very problem.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/11/09/new-phone-app-test-stds/

A group of digital security experts have set up IsTouchIDHackedYet.com, which promises an ever-growing pool of cash, booze, Bitcoins and at least one erotic book to whoever can "reliably and repeatedly break into an iPhone 5s by lifting prints.

One of the contest's organizers, Washington D.C.-based security researcher Nick de Petrillo, scanned his penis with TouchID and then used it to unlock his phone. He announced his success on Twitter on Saturday (Sept. 21) and fellow security researcher Andrew Ruef replied "Now no one will ever, ever steal your phone. [Is this] the secret to the correct use of TouchID?"
http://www.livescience.com/39881-iphone-fingerprint-scanner-test.html

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If we had banned the sale of assault rifles,  would that have helped prevent the mass shooting at the Navy Yard? Shooting_monkey

Floridatexan wrote:
On the subject of ear and nose hair, I have no comment.  But on the topic under discussion, apparently the shooter's security clearance was conducted through a private contractor.  

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-09-19/business/42214893_1_security-clearance-usis-background

Contractor that vetted Snowden says it also ran background check for Navy Yard shooter
By Jia Lynn Yang and Matea Gold,September 19, 2013
USIS, the Falls Church government contractor that handled the background check for National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, said Thursday that it also vetted Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis for his ­secret-level clearance in 2007.

The company, which is under criminal investigation over whether it misled the government about the thoroughness of its background checks, said earlier this week that it had not handled Alexis’s case.

USIS spokesman Ray Howell said the company got new information Thursday.

“Today we were informed that in 2007, USIS conducted a background check of Aaron Alexis” for the Office of Personnel Management, Howell said in a statement. “We are contractually prohibited from retaining case information gathered as part of the background checks we conduct for OPM and therefore are unable to comment further on the nature or scope of this or any other background check.”

USIS, which was spun off from the federal government in the 1990s, has become the largest private provider of government background checks. With 7,000 employees, the company handles about 45 percent of all background checks for the OPM, congressional staffers say...

------------------

It might have been rushed through or not been thoroughly vetted by the investigator. They laid a lot of them off in April just after my last clearance went through.

Jake92

NO it wouldn't have prevented any of the shootings.....

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Since everyone has a smart phone these days... the govt should edict a mandatory competentcy test app before a peon can leave home. Hell... hook a breath analyzer to it too... they could even make sure you brushed your teeth. Let's fix stuff y'all.
I've seen an attachment that turns an IPhone into a breathalyzer.

I'm not sure if that would stop someone from driving or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum