Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

something about obamacare you dont think about

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Our future...

http://www.bariatricnews.net/?q=news/11650/economic-crisis-forces-eu-healthcare-budget-cuts

While countries including Germany, Malta and Romania managed to increase their healthcare budgets by modest sums, Ireland were forced to slash their spending by 7.9%, and Estonia and Greece were not far behind with cuts of 7.3% and 6.7% respectively.

In the UK, healthcare expenditure dropped by 0.5% in 2010, after an average annual growth rate of 4.6% over the previous ten years.

The OECD say that in 2010, EU member states spent an average of 9% of their GDP on health, a significant rise from 7.3% in 2000, but down from the 2009 peak of 9.2%.

The budget cuts have taken different forms in different countries: Ireland has cut wages and staffing levels, as well as fees paid to professionals and pharmaceutical companies, while other countries have put a halt to infrastructure investment, or found efficiency gains by merging hospitals or placing a greater concentration on outpatient care.

In non-EU member state Iceland, which was forced to cut its per-capita healthcare expenditure by 7.1% in 2009-10, outpatient expenditure rose by 3.2%, while inpatient expenditure dropped by 3.1% from 2000-2010.

In some countries, cuts in public sector healthcare financing has led to increases in out-of-pocket private funding. In Iceland, out-of-pocket spending increased by 2.2% between 2008 and 2010, and in Ireland, the figure has increased by 1.7% in the same period.

However, public funding remains the dominant form of health expenditure in the EU; 73% of healthcare was funded publicly, on average, in member states.

The report notes that the economic crisis has had a “significant” effect on pharmaceutical spending, which grew by an average of 3.2% per year from 2000-09, but dropped to 0% growth in the region in 2009-10.

Lithuania, Portugal, and the Czech Republic cut their expenditure on pharmaceutical budgets by 4.6%, 3.3%, and 1.8% respectively.

27something about obamacare you dont think about - Page 2 Empty THE FACTS ABOUT NAVIGATORS 9/26/2013, 10:30 am

knothead

knothead

http://www.communitycatalyst.org/doc_store/publications/Navigators_June_2011.pdf

What are Navigators?
A Navigator, by definition, serves as a guide to help get you where you need to go. The Affordable
Care Act (ACA) created a critical Navigator function to help people who get health insurance
through their state Exchange learn about their options and assist with enrollment.
Under the ACA, states are creating their own Exchanges, new competitive health insurance
marketplaces, to give consumers higher quality choices and better protections when buying
insurance. Each state Exchange will be a place where people can go to access reliable information to
help them compare and enroll in health insurance plans.
With an estimated 29 million people enrolling in a health insurance plan through Exchanges by 2019,
a strong navigation system will be needed to inform people about their new insurance options and
help them enroll.i The ACA created a Navigator function to help people who will get insurance
through their state’s health insurance Exchange, such as small businesses, self-employed or people
who do not have access to insurance through their employers. The Navigator’s job is to provide
individuals and families with the information necessary to determine which health insurance option
best fits their needs and then help them enroll in their plan of choice. The ACA requires all state
Exchanges to fund Navigators.
Navigators are not a new concept – they build upon previous models at both the federal and state
levels that help people find and keep their health coverage. In the Exchange, Navigators will mainly
help people find and keep private insurance coverage. Navigators will play an essential role in
helping individuals and families address their health care needs with the right health plan and to
educate people about their health plan options. Establishing Navigators that are trusted by people
who are using the Exchange will be critical to the success of both state-based health insurance
Exchanges and ultimately ACA implementation.
What does the ACA say about Navigators?
The ACA recognizes that different types of Navigators will be needed to help people access coverage
through the Exchanges. In Section 1311(i), the ACA lists a variety of groups that could serve the
functions of Navigators and suggests that multiple Navigators will be needed to ensure success.
According to the ACA, Navigators may be community and consumer-focused non-profit groups;
trade, industry, professional associations; commercial fishing industry organizations; ranching and
farming organizations; chambers of commerce; unions; partners of the Small Business
Administration (SBA); licensed insurance agents and brokers; and other entities capable of carrying
out the required duties.
The ACA lays out a number of duties for Navigators:
 conduct public education activities to raise awareness of the availability of qualified health
plansPage 2 Navigators: Guiding People Through the Exchange, June 2011
Community Catalyst is a national non-profit advocacy organization building
consumer and community leadership to transform the American health care system.
www.communitycatalyst.org
 distribute fair and impartial information about enrollment in qualified health plans and the
availability of premium tax credits
 facilitate enrollment in qualified health plans
 provide referrals to an office of health insurance consumer assistance or ombudsman, or any
other appropriate state agencies, for any enrollee with a grievance, complaint, or question
regarding their health plan
 provide information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs
of the population served by the Exchange
In addition, a Navigator must demonstrate that it has existing relationships, or could establish
relationships, with employers and employees, uninsured and underinsured consumers, or selfemployed individuals likely to qualify to enroll through the Exchange.
The ACA also provides clear conflict-of-interest protections. Navigators may not receive any
direct or indirect payments from health insurers and insurers are explicitly prohibited from being
Navigators. Navigators are funded through grants provided by state Exchange funds.

Who will enroll in health insurance through the Exchange?
In determining the most appropriate groups to serve as Navigators, policymakers should consider
who will be enrolling in state Exchanges. Most people will continue to get health insurance through
their employer. Many people who will enroll in insurance through Exchanges had barriers to getting
coverage in the past. The Congressional Budget Office predicts that about 80 percent of people
getting insurance through the Exchange will qualify for tax credits.ii A recent study by Kaiser Family
Foundation projects demographics and other characteristics of people likely to enroll in health
insurance plans through Exchanges.iii The study estimates:
 A majority of people (65 percent) enrolling through the Exchange will have been previously
uninsured
 More than one third of enrollees will not have had a check-up for more than two years, and
will have had difficulty accessing care
 Because tax credits to help people afford care are available through the Exchange, the
population will be lower income than those currently covered by private insurance (median
income of 235 percent of the federal poverty level)
 The population in Exchanges will be more racially diverse than those who currently have
private insurance (58 percent white, 11 percent black, 25 percent Hispanic. Conversely,
people buying insurance outside the Exchange will be about 85 percent white, 5 percent
black and 5 percent Hispanic).
 About one in four enrollees will speak a language other than English at home
 About 77 percent will have a high school diploma or less
Based on this data Navigators must be equipped to appropriately serve populations with barriers to
coverage, and should build on existing relationships in the community.
How are Navigators different from Consumer Assistance Programs?
Consumer Assistance Programs (CAPs) provide assistance to all consumers with all types of
coverage and may be federally or privately funded.iv The ACA authorized funding for CAPs and
state ombudsmen (Section 1002). Thirty-five states received funding though federal grants in 2010 to
provide assistance to individuals and families at all income levels with accessing private insurance,
subsidized coverage and Medicaid.

knothead

knothead

polecat wrote:The GOP is saying to young people we would like to have the government stick an unnecessary trans-vaginal probe if you want an abortion but when it comes to health insurance don’t take any government help. Don’t go to the state or federal government operated insurance exchanges to buy private insurance. Stay away. Stay uninsured. Skip that pap smear. Skip that tetanus shot. Skip that prenatal care. Skip that cholesterol test. And if you die an agonizing death and unnecessary death; one that could have been prevented by the health insurance reform that bears the President’s name, at least you know your death would have not been in vain. You would have died to serve the noble and patriotic cause, not of conservatism but of hurting this President.

Bingo polecat . . . .

29something about obamacare you dont think about - Page 2 Empty wrong, again. 9/26/2013, 5:50 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Also PT jobs tend to pay far less than FT jobs.
Wrong, again, p-dog. (we are getting accustomed to it)
Most employers pay part time workers more than full time workers.  The reason is the benefits that full time workers get offset the increased wages.
Sucks to be wrong all the time, does it not, p-dog?
Try, again?
Thanks.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Also PT jobs tend to pay far less than FT jobs.
Wrong, again, p-dog. (we are getting accustomed to it)
Most employers pay part time workers more than full time workers.  The reason is the benefits that full time workers get offset the increased wages.
Sucks to be wrong all the time, does it not, p-dog?
Try, again?
Thanks.
Not always, sometimes but not always. Many part time jobs taken are in a different field than an individuals regular employment.....and at a lower rate.  For instance: night clerks, delivery services, security jobs, etc. Also when someone must take a part- time job to supplement their income....they can work as many hours and maintain full time employment.

It sucks that you feel a NEED to criticize Pacedog all the time, why is that?

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My guess... as he has said he is insurance management... that he stands to profit handsomely by the govt forcing everyone to his product. That may be difficult to reconcile. But look at who will really profit... follow the money.

And the leftists thght it was just to help the little guys... lol. Countless exemptions and now a year reprieve for corps.
I know, follow the money . . . . . God Bless Our Money! You are correct but the navigators are not required to have an insurance certification because they are are there to answer questions and not sell insurance. Scott ain't gonna let that happen . . . keep em barefoot and pregnant.
Tens of thousands of improperly trained supporters of President Barack Hussein Obama with no security clearances or being bonded are going to have access to private citizens most personal information.  Gee...what could go wrong?

Markle that is just a freaking lie! The navigators are trained to explain to answer questions citizens may have about the ACA . . . . they are also trained to not allow ANY personal information or political affiliation to be  permitted.  Why do you persist in telling lies?
Have you looked at the requirements to be a navigator?

They are trying to get "community organizers" and such. High school diploma is all you need.

They did not even have their shit anywhere near together in aug and had to lower the requirements to be a navigator. 20 hours of training, yes these people coming in to take your most personal information are very well qualified lol
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/08/Feds-Lower-Training-Requirements-for-ObamaCare-Navigators

But don't worry. Floridians are not stupid. we are not letting acorn likes have your most precious information. they have to be licensed in this state.

and btw.... about who pays them. ok the fed pays them, so what. its still a HUGE WINDFALL for INSURANCE companies.

we only have 57 navigators ready to go to work in this state with less than a week to go. and don't try and blame it on the state, this is a federal plan, they are over it and pay for it remember.

http://health.wusf.usf.edu/post/navigators-may-be-late-debut

can you tell me how in the hell even when all 150 slots get a license which they must have in the state of florida can help almost 4 million people who are certain to call or apply just to see if they get something even if they aint legal citizens.

and can you tell me why there are only 150 navigators according to this article for this entire state when the grants were over a total of 8 million?

bottom line for me is, I don't really give a shit about the insurance side of it. I care about the patient doctor side of it.

Make no mistake, people should never call this Health CARE reform, because it is NOT. it is insurance reform to where the Gov gives itself absolute power by regulation.

Chrissy wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:Don't read WSJ after reading an article last week full of BS. Some state exchanges have leak some rate's but by far most are under wraps until Oct 1.

Chrissy don't like it because she may have to work a little harder for the newly insured that all of a sudden start having test's done.

People have been working pt jobs for years and years nothing new here.
well that's a hellava thing to say mr ins man.

I take serious offense to you making an accusation that I am afraid to work hard. I am one of the hardest working people you will ever meet. I basically given up my life to WORK.

I welcome the new patients. that has never been a concern of mine. Although yes, I am having to do more with less. But I am not dumb. I have positioned myself with a organization that understands that "monopoly" is the only way to go in this environment. And monopolize we will do, and I will be a leader in that monopolization because I am a "Expert" in my field.

My concern is and has always been patient care and services of which will be cut, the cost to America as a whole, which can not afford it, tax payers, yes, including myself, my children, jobs et etc etc .

I know what is going on in healthcare, Im in it, I'm on top of it, and I have friends in HIGH places who are in IT.

Now while im in a pretty good mood right now, Ill tell you what I think is funny about you if I havnt already.

1. You sell insurance. Better get the goods while its going. because the left wants to BREAK the system so they can have single payer. Don't count on having a stable career once that happens... word to the wise ok Smile 

2. Before you came on here giving all of your bias from a ins mans view on ACA. I was having many many conversations before they passed ACA with the people on this forum. And you know who they HATED more than republicans? INSURANCE COMPANIES. What a Face yes, those rich evil insurance companies.... Even FT hated those insurance peoples lol

3. So don't treat me like a dumbass just because Im beautiful Razz 

Good God almighty! You are a bachelor level lab tech. Not even a master's. Hardly an expert. Does that mean all lab tech's in the country are experts? Most of the people you supervise don't even have college degrees. I know this because my SIL is the same thing at Scared Heart. How many do you supervise? Two?

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My guess... as he has said he is insurance management... that he stands to profit handsomely by the govt forcing everyone to his product. That may be difficult to reconcile. But look at who will really profit... follow the money.

And the leftists thght it was just to help the little guys... lol. Countless exemptions and now a year reprieve for corps.
I know, follow the money . . . . . God Bless Our Money! You are correct but the navigators are not required to have an insurance certification because they are are there to answer questions and not sell insurance. Scott ain't gonna let that happen . . . keep em barefoot and pregnant.
Tens of thousands of improperly trained supporters of President Barack Hussein Obama with no security clearances or being bonded are going to have access to private citizens most personal information.  Gee...what could go wrong?

Markle that is just a freaking lie! The navigators are trained to explain to answer questions citizens may have about the ACA . . . . they are also trained to not allow ANY personal information or political affiliation to be  permitted.  Why do you persist in telling lies?
ObamaCare is over 2,000 pages, the regulations, so far, are 13,000 pages.  The "Navigators" are Obamaites which are being trained to preach a one note song.  They WILL have access to personal information or they how can they answer questions?  Recruits from ACORN, who had such a marvelous reputation, will be gathering this information.  If they took pay for voter registrations, what will they do for SS numbers, banks, names and addresses...plus what a person owns.

They will have no clue except what they were taught to parrot.

Last edited by Markle on 9/27/2013, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

for all those people on the left who think that giving all these people health care will solidify their vote for dems, think again. You already had that low information free loading voter.

See look around, people are getting kicked off their workers insurance now. that's frustrating. now they have to get their own insurance. we don't know the prices till a few more days but word is as of this morning its almost a 100% than predicted. lets just say its neutral though for the sake. still a number of people are not going to like to have to deal with that shit. 100's of thousands of them are not going to like it. lol

I suggest some of you put your ear muffs on, the whaling is about to begin, the next 6 months are going to be interesting. Twisted Evil 

and dreams. your making a fool out of yourself belittling a laboratory manager as if it is nothing to be proud of. not any dumbass can do it or get in it. so shut it before I start posting booby pics all over the forum again. Twisted Evil 

Markle

Markle

polecat wrote:The GOP is saying to young people we would like to have the government stick an unnecessary trans-vaginal probe if you want an abortion but when it comes to health insurance don’t take any government help. Don’t go to the state or federal government operated insurance exchanges to buy private insurance. Stay away. Stay uninsured. Skip that pap smear. Skip that tetanus shot. Skip that prenatal care. Skip that cholesterol test. And if you die an agonizing death and unnecessary death; one that could have been prevented by the health insurance reform that bears the President’s name, at least you know your death would have not been in vain. You would have died to serve the noble and patriotic cause, not of conservatism but of hurting this President.
You have no clue what the deductibles or co-pays will be on those low priced insurance policies do you?

Up front young healthy people have to pay more than they would before ObamaCare because insurance companies can only charge up to three times their rate for older people who require far more care. Add to that all the people they have to cover with pre-existing conditions and you have high premiums, higher deductibles and higher co-pays. So they'll have to pay those things you mention out of pocket anyway.

Markle

Markle

Guest wrote:Don't read WSJ after reading an article last week full of BS. Some state exchanges have leak some rate's but by far most are under wraps until Oct 1.

Chrissy don't like it because she may have to work a little harder for the newly insured that all of a sudden start having test's done.

People have been working pt jobs for years and years nothing new here.
Not true. No one will have to work any harder than they do today. They are already working at their limit. Instead, just like Canada, the wait times and lines will get longer and longer.

Many people work what we would call part time jobs in Europe. How's that working out? Working the same way here with more people than ever on welfare and living below the poverty line. We also have fewer people working and more than ever who have just given up.

Yeah, that's a record of which to be proud.

knothead

knothead

If they took pay for voter registrations, what will they do for SS numbers, banks, names and addresses...plus what a person owns.

This is completely false . . . . I took the time to post a link related to Navigators and they are prohibited from taking ANY personal information no are they permitted to discuss political issues (including registration).
You are a master of copy and paste so please do just a bit of research before you start bloviating on topics without the facts.

knothead wrote:If they took pay for voter registrations, what will they do for SS numbers, banks, names and addresses...plus what a person owns.

This is completely false . . . . I took the time to post a link related to Navigators and they are prohibited from taking ANY personal information no are they permitted to discuss political issues (including registration).
You are a master of copy and paste so please do just a bit of research before you start bloviating on topics without the facts.
KNOT!

it just occured to me.

The only reason we are paying all this MILLIONS of dollars for navigators is because this admin didnt want people screaming about how ACA is a BIG FAT GIFT to Insurance Cos'.

They stuck these people in there who can not sell ins who will direct people to insurance salesmen.

Is the above what you are saying? Can you agree to that?

If so, then ask yourself, why didnt they just save the money and direct all the issues to the private insurance companies since the ins co's are going to be the winners at the end of the day?

by the way I read last night HHS is allowing brokers and agents to be navigators. They decided it wasnt a conflict of interest if you work for less say BCBS and only sell Med Sups and buss term policies, then its ok to be a navigator. Now of course a person like this is held to the highest of all GOV standards, they would never in a million years be partial to a ins company they work for.

knothead

knothead

[quote="Chrissy"]
knothead wrote:If they took pay for voter registrations, what will they do for SS numbers, banks, names and addresses...plus what a person owns.

KNOT!

it just occured to me.

The only reason we are paying all this MILLIONS of dollars for navigators is because this admin didnt want people screaming about how ACA is a BIG FAT GIFT to Insurance Cos'.

They stuck these people in there who can not sell ins who will direct people to insurance salesmen.

Is the above what you are saying? Can you agree to that?

If so, then ask yourself, why didnt they just save the money and direct all the issues to the private insurance companies since the ins co's are going to be the winners at the end of the day?

by the way I read last night HHS is allowing brokers and agents to be navigators. They decided it wasnt a conflict of interest if you work for less say BCBS and only sell Med Sups and buss term policies, then its ok to be a navigator. Now of course a person like this is held to the highest of all GOV standards, they would never in a million years be partial to a ins company they work for.

Of course, with millions of Americans now having access to insurance I agree it will serve the interests of insurance companies. Before making more unsubstantiated statements will you please take the time to read the link I provided as factual information concerning the deployment of navigators from an unbiased source? It's a short article and will save me a lot of work rebutting inaccurate statements . . . .

Chrissy wrote:for all those people on the left who think that giving all these people health care will solidify their vote for dems, think again. You already had that low information free loading voter.

See look around, people are getting kicked off their workers insurance now. that's frustrating. now they have to get their own insurance. we don't know the prices till a few more days but word is as of this morning its almost a 100% than predicted. lets just say its neutral though for the sake. still a number of people are not going to like to have to deal with that shit. 100's of thousands of them are not going to like it. lol

I suggest some of you put your ear muffs on, the whaling is about to begin, the next 6 months are going to be interesting. Twisted Evil 

and dreams. your making a fool out of yourself belittling a laboratory manager as if it is nothing to be proud of. not any dumbass can do it or get in it. so shut it before I start posting booby pics all over the forum again. Twisted Evil 

You are making a fool out of yourself acting like you work for the National Institute of Health and have a Phd. It's bad enough you claiming you do autopsies... now you're an expert? Give me a break! I never said it's nothing to be proud of but you don't do autopsies and you're not an expert w/ a bachelors degree... for cryin out loud! You're like an office manager for a Drs. office. You don't have the credentials or education to be any of what you claim. Why do you feel like you have to exaggerate to the proportions you do? I have a master's degree but I'm far far from an expert and I sure wouldn't do lobotomies.

Jake92

Chrissy, Where are the booby pics?????

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:for all those people on the left who think that giving all these people health care will solidify their vote for dems, think again. You already had that low information free loading voter.

You are making a fool out of yourself acting like you work for the National Institute of Health and have a Phd. It's bad enough you claiming you do autopsies... now you're an expert? Give me a break! I never said it's nothing to be proud of but you don't do autopsies and you're not an expert w/ a bachelors degree... for cryin out loud! You're like an office manager for a Drs. office. You don't have the credentials or education to be any of what you claim. Why do you feel like you have to exaggerate to the proportions you do? I have a master's degree but I'm far far from an expert and I sure wouldn't do lobotomies.
I don't act like that. If you think that because I am proud of what I have accomplished in my life and im not allowed to talk about it, that's your problem.

Theres a big difference in science degrees as to arts degrees btw

one has substance the other has shit

I have NEVER exaggerated what I do or what I am. Matter of a fact its the opposite. Perhaps you just don't appreciate or value scientist unless they are licking your furry ass.

btw

doing a autopsy is the low drum of what I could do.

My specialty that I am known for and respected for in this profession is working with antibodies and for the last 10 years, being a huge resource for understanding regulations. Because baby, Im the best. Razz You would be blown away if you really knew me, but you will never know me because you are too hateful and I am not like that in life.

I tried again to offer you my heart and friendship and you again shit in my face.

so lips zipped..........

I will die for you now. Be happy dreams.

Enjoy your life.

carpe deum

I will go into the void again....

NOW.

Somebody help me here? Now she's a scientist. What medical school did you go to in order to be a pathologist?

Dreamsglore wrote:Somebody help me here? Now she's a scientist. What medical school did you go to in order to be a pathologist?
I never said I was a pathologist.

I did make STRAIGHT 'A"s all the way through college though. graduating with honors at the top of my class. Im proud of myself.

Is that a sin when I am talking about topics I understand and YOU don't?

You need to go look in the dictionary and learn what a scientist is LOL

yep

So what honors degree did you get and what does that have to w/ you saying you do autopsies and are an expert? What qualifies you to be an expert above required credentialing?

Dreamsglore wrote:So what honors degree did you get and what does that have to w/ you saying you do autopsies and are an expert? What qualifies you to be an expert above required credentialing?
Rolling Eyes 

that's enough about me. im bored with you. I don't care for your vitriol and hateful ways.

I tried.

Why do you say these things you can't back up then? Most everybody w/ a lick of sense knows lab techs don't do autopsies and are not considered experts,however, I think you say those things to try and convince people you're knowledgeable about healthcare so your arguments on the healthcare law are more credible.

Dreamsglore wrote:Why do you say these things you can't back up then? Most everybody w/ a lick of sense knows lab techs don't do autopsies and are not considered experts,however, I think you say those things to try and convince people you're knowledgeable about healthcare so your arguments on the healthcare law are more credible.
you don't know what your taking about is all. and I have proven it to you over and over. and when you get something in your mind like this that you THINK you are right, no point in going on after a while. because you will go on and on for years over something you think you are right on even when you have been proven 100% wrong. every body here knows this about you.

theres one thing in this world you or anyone cant take away from me. and that my pride in my work and what ive accomplished. so you can give up ttrying now, youre just making yourself look like a mean evil person trying to ruin someones self esteem. and worse than that, youre looking like a dumbass because you can look up online easily and see what it takes to do or assist autopsies. But don't worry though, like I said. I stopped helping with those. doing a autopsy in my profession is considered scut work. its only interesting the 1st time you do one unless youre weird and like to do them.

anyway, your boring me again with your constant incorrect assumptions. have a good day touching your self to my other sexy post. Wink 

Markle

Markle

What is false? That ACORN took money for producing phony voter registrations? Come on, even you know that to be true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum