Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It shouldn't take the leader of Russia to tell us this.....

+4
gulfbeachbandit
ZVUGKTUBM
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/opinion/putin-plea-for-caution-from-russia-on-syria.html?ref=opinion&_r=1&

Astute.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

That was a very powerful opinion piece, and spot-on it its assertions. I never expected the leader of Russia to address the American people the way this was done (in the NY Times, with this language). Never happened in my lifetime before. Putin knows what he is talking about.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:My working and personal relationship with President Obama is marked by growing trust. I appreciate this. I carefully studied his address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal.

Astute.
God bless you.

2seaoat

The President has actualized his 2008 platform, and has executed the bluff to perfection.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government’s willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction. Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

Clearly, the threat and bluff was credible and the Russians took it hook line and sinker. President Obama gets an A+ in Foreign Relations. Putin in all negotiations will have his personal fortune which is tied to oil and natural gas first and foremost in the discussion as he discusses the gap between rich and poor he must guarantee the hegemony of the Russian monopoly on Western Europe's natural gas market, and his fears of fracking technology and pipelines which would loosen the grip of the Russian monopoly. Putin is clever, but the President had him sweating bullets as his personal fortune was at risk. I think we will see more of direct communications between leaders, and a free market of ideas with the internet. This is a good trend, and one that can challenge assumptions, but only a fool does not see the geo political manipulation, and gamesmanship. It is all good, because in the end diplomacy is the only answer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  I think you are the only person in the world,  and that includes every person in the political and media world on every side and of every stripe,  who was perceptive enough to know that this was all a masterful bluff planned by Obama from the beginning.  Not one other individual other than you has any inkling of it.
That is quite remarkable.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: only a fool does not see the geo political manipulation, and gamesmanship.  
No doubt. And that means every person in the world is a fool except you and Obama. Just think, you two folks are the only people out of 7 billion inhabitants of the planet earth who were smart enough to get this.
Just astounding.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote: only a fool does not see the geo political manipulation, and gamesmanship.  
No doubt.  And that means every person in the world is a fool except you and Obama.  Just think,  you two folks are the only people out of 7 billion inhabitants of the planet earth who were smart enough to get this.
Just astounding.

Oh hell....Obama didn't even know.

2seaoat

Pay attention Bob......the folks with gray matter are now writing about the same, and it is the topic on progressive radio, as the people who got all worked up in a hissy fit on progressive stations are now talking about the only way to win in diplomacy is to have a credible military option. They took it hook line and sinker that Obama had turned into a mad man, as you have done the same. If you think I am some genius who came to this conclusion you would be wrong. Many informed, experienced people in foreign relations had this read from the beginning and they understand that the game of chess is played many moves in advance in the minds of the participants. The folks who have figured this out play chess, the folks who think this was luck or happen stance play checkers. President Obama has gained my respect after Libya, and his handling of this issue has shown a breadth and understanding of foreign relations which has not been shown since Richard Nixon.....the last good poker player to serve in the White House.

However, thank you for the compliment. My head can barely get bigger.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Pay attention Bob......the folks with gray matter are now writing about the same
Who exactly are the people saying this was a masterful bluff on the part of obama from the outset?  Is it possible for the fools like me to find a reference to that on the internet or are fools not allowed to know who it is saying it?
In other words,  can you link us to something which will support this?
I have no problem with paying attention but in order for me to pay attention I need to know who and what to pay attention to.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hmmm.  It looks like Obama's Secretary of State was not in on it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/04/Kerry-Obama-Doesn-t-Bluff

So I guess he aint one of the ones with the "gray matter".

Sal

Sal

What a crock.

A former KGB despot pens a column, which is published in a major American newspaper, criticizing the President and lecturing Americans regarding equality and freedom.

And, the funniest thing is that the wingnuts hate Obama so much they're saluting it.

Maybe, Obama should pen a column criticizing Putin and promoting gay rights and see if it would get published in a major Russian newspaper.

How do you think that would go over?

lmao

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It gets even a lot more bizarre than that, Sal.

In his NYT op-ed piece, the same ex-Soviet KGB guy is preaching the virtues of God to the world.
At the very same time the Pope is turning away from God and the Bible and saying he won't pass judgement on being queer.

We have somehow passed into an alternate universe. I fully expect the sun to start rising in the west. lol

Sal

Sal

It is bizarre.

American exceptionalism was an invention of Reagan, and heralded by Dubya and Mittens, and now because Obama had the audacity to utter the term, the wingnutz are all like, "Yeah, American exceptionalism SUCKS!!  Putin is da man!".

As much as I hated Dubya, I never rooted for Bin Laden.

Markle

Markle

President Putin seems to be gaining control over the United States and the weak President Barack Hussein Obama who is clearly in way over his head.

President Putin is old KGP Communist. Communists have no god and are atheists. It seems Putin is further rubbing our nose in it when he ends with: "We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal."

Utter chaos from President Obama with the President of Russia telling us what to do, how and when. Tragic.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you ask me,  the whole shebang can be summed up with four words.

Fellow babies,  what we're up against is WMD's.  "Weapons of Mass Distraction".

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually I guess that's three words if you take the preposition out. lol

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:It is bizarre.

American exceptionalism was an invention of Reagan, and heralded by Dubya and Mittens, and now because Obama had the audacity to utter the term, the wingnutz are all like, "Yeah, American exceptionalism SUCKS!!  Putin is da man!".

As much as I hated Dubya, I never rooted for Bin Laden.
PLEASE be kind enough to show us the source of your accusation.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

I'm not going to read the thread to you, jackass.

Start at the beginning.

The first three or four posts should give you a taste.

Then venture out to the conservative blogosphere and witness the collective panty wetting over Putin laying the wood to Obama.

2seaoat

Utter chaos from President Obama with the President of Russia telling us what to do, how and when. Tragic.

Yep, you and Bob think the President has been stumbling all over himself the last three weeks, and Bob even posts Kerry telling the world we do not bluff, and we need the authority to strike..........so we have a strong position in diplomacy........Bob did you get that.........I have listened for three days progressive radio laughing about how Obama pulled off the bluff. Tom Hartmen show, Ed shultz, miller, and Norman Goldman all non stop talking about how brilliant the president has been......a much different tune from two weeks ago when they were complaining that Obama was a war monger, and that the democrats need to get a candidate not owned by the military industrial complex......the same people who were fooled now are figuring out they got gamed, but you know Bob......if you only had a link on the internet you could feel free to think.........as they are all chirping in progressive glee.....the president kicked asz, and not much of a fan of his domestic policies, I have to agree with them......he kicked asz on this and he has actualized his 2008 platform.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I have listened for three days progressive radio laughing about how Obama pulled off the bluff.  Tom Hartmen show, Ed shultz, miller, and Norman Goldman all non stop talking about how brilliant the president has been......a much different tune from two weeks ago
Ed Schultz' radio show THREE DAYS AGO...

On his radio show yesterday Ed Schultz leveled damning criticism against the Obama administration for its handling of the Syrian crisis...

"Their (Obama's) best line is, this isn't Iraq, this isn't Afghanistan, common sense, but we're not 100 percent sure. How is that going to sell anybody when we have the dictator in question saying we can expect everything? Well, you know how I take that? Nukes. That's how I take that, and when everything means everything. We are getting more of a direct response from Assad (Schultz alluding to Assad's interview with CBS's Charlie Rose) than we are from the Obama administration! I hate to say that but that's how I feel as an American citizen right now."

It's what Schultz said minutes later that was even more surprising

"There's no way that the polling can stay where it is without the president going against the will of the American people. I mean, if the polling stays where it is and the American people do not believe that there should be a resolution, a favorability to strike Syria, the president now is going to set himself up in two different ways. Number one, it may be the end of his administration and I don't say that lightly, because he may not be able to get anything done from here on out. And he may be impeached. This was said by Dennis Kucinich last week and I thought, well, I gotta think about that. No, I'm on board with that now. I think that you can't trust the Republicans, there'll be enough people on the Republican side that will view this as an opportunity to scar Obama's tenure as president of the United States and his legacy. So there's a lot of politics here that I think will play into this."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2013/09/10/ed-schultz-syria-could-doom-obama#ixzz2ei9QsE8W

2seaoat

Old Ed has been upset with the threatened attack on Syria for weeks. He was in a liberal anger I have rarely seen. He spent every afternoon on his radio show wanting to know who is going to pay for this adventure. I loved it when he and the others got it.......it was bluff. I have been saying this for weeks. When everybody on this forum but about five members thought bombs were going to drop, I had to take everybody's crap because I called it a bluff weeks ago.......not out of genius, but experience. Now Ed is happy as a pig in crap because his guy pulled this off. I listen almost every day, and have enjoyed the transition........the whine was so long for two weeks, I thought somebody fell into a barrel of MD 20/20.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

I'm not going to read the thread to you, jackass.

Start at the beginning.

The first three or four posts should give you a taste.

Then venture out to the conservative blogosphere and witness the collective panty wetting over Putin laying the wood to Obama.
One or two posts, from individuals does in now way come close to your hysterical screeching of:
the wingnutz are all like, "Yeah, American exceptionalism SUCKS!! Putin is da man!".

Right now, President Putin has President Barack Hussein Obama dancing like a marionette. Like sharks smelling blood in the water, our enemies sense weakness in America and most certainly in our leadership.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum