Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

special post for wordslinger

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1special post for wordslinger Empty special post for wordslinger 9/6/2013, 9:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks much for that really personal and detailed recounting of what it was to be witness to the most awesome manmade spectacle yet devised. It helps put me there vicariously.
My god. You were as far away as we would be standing in downtown Pensacola if the bomb was detonated in downtown Ft. Walton. And even wearing the goggles and your eyes shut and your back turned to it, the flash was still blindingly bright.

Here's something I think you will want to see. It's a phenomenal youtube. Most will turn it on and then tire of it in the first minute.
But I know you won't and when they start exploding all over the map it really is a sight to behold.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Where's Israels boom booms

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Where's Israels boom booms
good question.

and here's the answer.

Israel is widely believed to possess nuclear weapons[6][7] and to be the sixth country in the world to have developed them.[1] It is one of four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State by the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), the others being India, Pakistan and North Korea.[8] Israel maintains a policy known as "nuclear ambiguity" (also known as "nuclear opacity").[9][10] Israel has never officially admitted to having nuclear weapons, instead repeating over the years that it would not be the first country to "introduce" nuclear weapons to the Middle East, leaving ambiguity as to whether it means it will not create, will not disclose, will not make first use of the weapons or possibly some other interpretation of the phrase

Estimates as to the size of the Israeli nuclear arsenal vary between 75 and 400 nuclear warheads, with most estimates at less than 200 warheads. It is estimated that the Israel nuclear deterrent force has the ability to deliver them by intermediate-range ballistic missile, intercontinental ballistic missile, aircraft, and submarine-launched cruise missile.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Israel

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Bob wrote:
Thanks much for that really personal and detailed recounting of what it was to be witness to the most awesome manmade spectacle yet devised.  It helps put me there vicariously.
My god.  You were as far away as we would be standing in downtown Pensacola if the bomb was detonated in downtown Ft. Walton.  And even wearing the goggles and your eyes shut and your back turned to it,  the flash was still blindingly bright.  

Here's something I think you will want to see.  It's a phenomenal youtube.  Most will turn it on and then tire of it in the first minute.
But I know you won't and when they start exploding all over the map it really is a sight to behold.

That's a fantastic light show Bob -- just think, all that power being tested by capitalists, communists, a full gamut of 'Isms." As though somebody's ism was really worth roasting a few million kids.

Best to you . . .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ten times more explosive power than ALL of the explosives used in ALL of World War 2.
The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 62 mi away from ground zero.
The fireball was visible 620 miles from ground zero.  That would mean if it had been detonated over southern Indiana we would have seen the fireball here.
All buildings in the village of Severny (both wooden and brick), located 34 miles from ground zero, were destroyed.
The mushroom cloud was about 40 miles high, over seven times the height of Mount Everest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum