Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Former senior EPA adviser Beale expected to plead guilty in $900,000 pay fraud

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/former-senior-epa-adviser-beale-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-900000-pay-fraud/2013/09/04/6a5ce06c-1574-11e3-be6e-dc6ae8a5b3a8_story.html

"Over the past 12 years, John C. Beale was often away from his job as a high-level staffer at the Environmental Protection Agency. He cultivated an air of mystery and explained his lengthy absences by telling his bosses that he was doing top-secret work, including for the CIA.

For years, apparently, no one checked.

Now, Beale is charged with stealing nearly $900,000 from the EPA by receiving pay and bonuses he did not deserve. He faces up to three years in prison.

Beale, 64, who was a senior policy adviser in the Office of Air and Radiation, is expected to plead guilty at a hearing scheduled for Monday at U.S. District Court in Washington..."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"...over the past 12 years..."

I'm shocked that a govt agency could be run sooo badly... shocked I say. It obviously needed to be much bigger.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Pkr, I post a thread about one government employee committing fraud and you respond by bashing the agency. I get it...no, I don't.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
"...over the past 12 years..."
He has been with the EPA since the 80's he knew how to scam the agency. Interesting that his bosses never questioned his claim of working for the CIA.

There is a lot of fraud in the government. This is just one case.

It's incompetence to allow an employee to commit fraud for that length of time. Just more bureaucratic waste.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
Pkr, I post a thread about one government employee committing fraud and you respond by bashing the agency.  I get it...no, I don't.
If there is ANY agency that deserves to be bashed, it's the EPA! This is probably just a very small portion of their corruption, which will likely get worse when considering Obama in the mix.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum