Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FSU Jameis Winston

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FSU Jameis Winston Empty FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 9:51 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Impressive 19 year old. On and off the field.

2FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 11:12 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:Impressive 19 year old. On and off the field.
He definitely put on a show last night and he is only a red-shirt freshman. I hope it was not just a fluke and that he can perform like when he has to face a much stronger defense such as that of Clemson.

Another bright spot in FSUs win last night was Jack Nicklaus's grandson, Nick O'leary. He caught as many TDs last night as he did all of last season.

If the Noles can keep Winston, Freeman/Wilder, O'leary, Benjamin and Greene healthy, they may be a force to recon with before the season is over.

3FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 11:28 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Impressive 19 year old. On and off the field.
He definitely put on a show last night and he is only a red-shirt freshman. I hope it was not just a fluke and that he can perform like when he has to face a much stronger defense such as that of Clemson.

Another bright spot in FSUs win last night was Jack Nicklaus's grandson, Nick O'leary. He caught as many TDs last night as he did all of last season.

If the Noles can keep Winston, Freeman/Wilder, O'leary, Benjamin and Greene healthy, they may be a force to recon with before the season is over.

I like Winston's goals....it started in his youth. He is an intelligent goal oriented young man.

4FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 11:41 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:

I like Winston's goals....it started in his youth. He is an intelligent goal oriented young man.
Yep. I liked what he wrote when he was 13/14 years old. He had set his life's goals and is now fulfilling some of them. How many kids that age have already set they goals in life?

It took guts on Jimbo Fisher's part to start Winston ahead of Jacob Coker since Winston has never started a game while Coker has minimum game exposure. At least Coker has some game experience. This is specially true since supposedly Winston had a terrible Garnet and Gold game according to Jesse Palmer.

5FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 11:48 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yep. I liked what he wrote when he was 13/14 years old. He had set his life's goals and is now fulfilling some of them. How many kids that age have already set they goals in life?

It took guts on Jimbo Fisher's part to start Winston ahead of Jacob Coker since Winston has never started a game while Coker has minimum game exposure. At least Coker has some game experience. This is specially true since supposedly Winston had a terrible Garnet and Gold game according to Jesse Palmer.

That is tremendous.

6FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 4:07 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I didn't watch the game, but followed it at SI.com. I was rooting for Pitt. That opening series by Savage was awesome. Too bad he later threw two interceptions that help capitalize the 'Noles victory. Good game. Congratulations to Fisher's team.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 4:43 pm

2seaoat

Pitt has a top notch program.....I do not think last night was a fluke.

8FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 6:22 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I have seen a lot of chatter today from various sources regarding the very impressive performance of Jameis Winston last night. Sure he was 25/27 passing for 356 yards and 4 TDs, but what I have not noticed is any chatter about Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater. He was 25/31 for 355 yards and 4 TDs.

So why no hype about Bridgewater? Is it because maybe Ohio is not the same caliber defense as Pitt? Who knows, regardless he put on a damn good show.

9FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 9:35 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Pitt has a top notch program.....I do not think last night was a fluke.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game and may be a top notch program but the team is not ranked and won't be for a while now.

I do hope he doesn't read all his press clippings and start to believe he is that good. A lot of upcoming defensive Jr.'s or Sr.'s will probably see a bull's-eye on his jersey.

Last edited by Markle on 9/3/2013, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

10FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 9:38 pm

2seaoat

It may be a top notch program but the team is not ranked and won't be for a while now.

By your comments, I think you think that Georgia is done and I am a fool. I asked you to get off the sidelines and join in on college football predictions. Who wins the SEC.....I still say Georgia, with a key LSU game coming up.

11FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 10:08 pm

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It may be a top notch program but the team is not ranked and won't be for a while now.

By your comments, I think you think that Georgia is done and I am a fool.  I asked you to get off the sidelines and join in on college football predictions.  Who wins the SEC.....I still say Georgia, with a key LSU game coming up.
Come on 2seaoat, you didn't want to lay out a soft ball like that on here do you?

12FSU Jameis Winston Empty Re: FSU Jameis Winston 9/3/2013, 10:10 pm

2seaoat

Come on 2seaoat, you didn't want to lay out a soft ball like that on here do you?

A softball or a Hoyt Wilhem knuckleball.........we will see once you swing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum