Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Israel fears being left alone to counter Iran

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Benjamin Netanyahu, who has made containing the Islamic republic’s nuclear programme the defining issue of his premiership, has said repeatedly in recent days that Syria is a “testing ground” for Iran.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9a5c0bd4-13a4-11e3-9289-00144feabdc0.html

“You hear more and more people in government saying, ‘Can we really rely on the US to stop Iran?” said Mike Herzog, a retired Israeli general and international fellow with The Washington Institute for Middle East Policy. “If they can’t take a decision on a red line in Syria, why should we think they could do so on Iran?”

US resolve in Syria, Israelis say, has proved weak on a chemical weapons red line that according to the British intelligence dossier was crossed at least 14 times before the attack outside Damascus that prompted a hesitant US call to arms.

2seaoat

Again, nonsense. A continued civil war in Syria serves Israeli interests. The Americans and their intervention in the region matter little, and their presence will bring Israel into the conflict. They are getting all the advantages of discord in Egypt and Syria while the Syrian intervention in Lebanon has all but stopped. Israel could care less of Americas role with the Iranians......they have their own plan........where do you get this stuff which assumes Israel is quivering waiting for America to protect them......they know that we are an unreliable ally, and they have contingency plans for their own survival.....but this idea that they want the civil war to end is amusing, and that our intervention would eventually accomplish the same. This civil war could last years.

Instability in the ME serves israeli interest? Lol... you really can't be taken seriously anymore.

PkrBum wrote:Instability in the ME serves israeli interest? Lol... you really can't be taken seriously anymore.
o never liked Israel anyway. that's always been obvious.

and I don't think o was or ever had any intentions of doing anything to iran. hell im not sure who has. look at all this time that has gone by.

either way, Syria and iran need to be dealt with as separate entities.

if we are going to lump the entire middle east into one big assed national security issue, we damn well better start fighting wars to win and pull out those lasers and stuff. because death by a thousand cuts just don't work for me,

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

With all his foreign policy brilliance, our President joined the movement to oust Mubarak in Egypt and got his way. Now Egypt is in total chaos, and Obama helped bring in the Muslim Brotherhood.

Obama decided to double-cross Gaddafi in Libya, and now the folks who run the country won't even help us find the terrorists who burned our consulate in Benghazi. Fact.

Israel never had close relations with Assad, but they were able to maintain a peaceful border with each other for all the decades Assad has been in power. Anyone who thinks Israel wants the rebels (who now include strong factions of Hezbollah and Al Qaida fighters) on their border is blatantly stupid and unrealistic.

For sure, Assad is in bed with the Iranians, and there can be no doubt Israel rightfully doesn't trust either of those enemies -- but they've learned how to deal with them without open warfare till now.

If Obama and our state department was smart, they'd immediately drop all the sanctions that are hurting the Iranian people and start helping the Iranians do international business. Without us as a major threat, the Ayatollah would no longer be able to use us as the "Great Satan," and his power would quickly dissipate, as a people who appreciate education and are great business entrepreneurs who want to succeed by doing business with the west would do so.

But, unfortunately my fellow Americans, what we've got is a State Department that still thinks might makes right, and that we can bully everyone to give in to our demands. We've been punishing the Cuban people since the mid 50s because we think our sanctions will force them to overthrow Castro. That policy has been every bit as effective as our Counter Insurgency Warfare tactics in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Cubans suffer and give us the finger -- and so do the Iranians. Face it folks, our foreign policy has been and is just as effective as our War Against Drugs!!

The Castros have remained in power because they keep pointing out how America's unfriendly sanction policies have decimated the Cuban economy. In simple terms, to the average Cuban we're the bad guys and not Raul or Fidel.

Frankly, I could care less if Obama is viewed hence forth as a spineless, powerless President -- I'd welcome that sobriquet in exchange for not spending billions of tax revenue to prop-up his image as an immature statesman and a wimp. And we'll prove absolutely nothing by a few days of missile strikes that Obama has already stated won't degrade Assad's ability to stay in power.

As for helping to overthrow Assad, which is better -- a despot we don't like but can get along with, or a coalition of crazy Muslim organizations who want to create another Islamist Sharia State?

Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SeaBass wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Instability in the ME serves israeli interest? Lol... you really can't be taken seriously anymore.

and I don't think o was or ever had any intentions of doing anything to iran. hell im not sure who has. look at all this time that has gone by.

if we are going to lump the entire middle east into one big assed national security issue, we damn well better start fighting wars to win and pull out those lasers and stuff. because death by a thousand cuts just don't work for me,
You have a big problem with facts Ms. Seabass. Assad and the Iranians are allies. You can't deal with them separately. The Iranians are furnishing weapons and tactical support to Assad -- for them it's a proxy war.

And while Obama and our State Dept would like us to believe that Iran is a major threat to our national security, it's bullshit. Pakistan hates our guts and they've got nuclear weapons. We still try to make deals with them, just as we do with China and Russia and India.

Check the facts Ms. Seabass . . it's what a good American should do.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:Again, nonsense.   A continued civil war in Syria serves Israeli interests.   The Americans and their intervention in the region matter little, and their presence will bring Israel into the conflict.   They are getting all the advantages of discord in Egypt and Syria while the Syrian intervention in Lebanon has all but stopped.  Israel could care less of Americas role with the Iranians......they have their own plan........where do you get this stuff which assumes Israel is quivering waiting for America to protect them......they know that we are an unreliable ally, and they have contingency plans for their own survival.....but this idea that they want the civil war to end is amusing, and that our intervention would eventually accomplish the same.   This civil war could last years.
Well thought out and written, Sea oat.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Again, nonsense.   A continued civil war in Syria serves Israeli interests.   The Americans and their intervention in the region matter little, and their presence will bring Israel into the conflict.   They are getting all the advantages of discord in Egypt and Syria while the Syrian intervention in Lebanon has all but stopped.  Israel could care less of Americas role with the Iranians......they have their own plan........where do you get this stuff which assumes Israel is quivering waiting for America to protect them......they know that we are an unreliable ally, and they have contingency plans for their own survival.....but this idea that they want the civil war to end is amusing, and that our intervention would eventually accomplish the same.   This civil war could last years.
Your political prognostications are as reliable as are your sports prognostications.

Keep up the "good" work.

Wordslinger wrote:
SeaBass wrote:

You have a big problem with facts Ms. Seabass.  Assad and the Iranians are allies.  You can't deal with them separately.  The Iranians are furnishing weapons and tactical support to Assad -- for them it's a proxy war.  

And while Obama and our State Dept would like us to believe that Iran is a major threat to our national security, it's bullshit.  Pakistan hates our guts and they've got nuclear weapons.  We still try to make deals with them, just as we do with China and Russia and India.

Check the facts Ms. Seabass . . it's what a good American should do.
I don't have a problem with facts.

if your gonna now link them all together by terms such as "allies" then dammit go ahead then because guess what they are all allies. all linked together over there by Allah. good luck with that.feel free to go over there and get your thousand cuts, or better yet you and your American hating left can just bring them all over here to administer the thousand cuts a bit quicker for us all. maybe you will love America then?

I think you have more a comprehension problem than you might be willing to admit. you seem to be associating and making some comments to me that do not or have ever been part of any of my expressions here. do you think I am a odumbass supporter or supportive of bombing syria? lol.... because from a couple of your recent comments directed at me, seems so lol which is odd since ive clearly stated it numerous times recently here.

2seaoat

Instability in the ME serves israeli interest? Lol... you really can't be taken seriously anymore.

Thank you.....you confirmed my suspicions of what your knowledge level is beyond our borders. Let me ask you this........do you think Israeli agents and their intelligence apparatus are supporting existing governments or rebels? This should be interesting. Do you think they have been supportive of the Arab Spring, or fearful of the same? Do you think they had any fingerprints on the Iranian Arab Spring? Do you think Egypt or Syria currently represents a military threat to Israel?

Do you think a broken Iraq has the same level of threat to Israel that is did prior to war and discord? Do you think Libya still has the level of threat toward Israel, that it did prior to the Arab spring and disposal of Mr. K? Do you see a trend yet, or do you need a primer?

2seaoat wrote:Instability in the ME serves israeli interest? Lol... you really can't be taken seriously anymore.

Thank you.....you confirmed my suspicions of what your knowledge level is beyond our borders. Let me ask you this........do you think Israeli agents and their intelligence apparatus are supporting existing governments or rebels? This should be interesting. Do you think they have been supportive of the Arab Spring, or fearful of the same? Do you think they had any fingerprints on the Iranian Arab Spring? Do you think Egypt or Syria currently represents a military threat to Israel?

Do you think a broken Iraq has the same level of threat to Israel that is did prior to war and discord? Do you think Libya still has the level of threat toward Israel, that it did prior to the Arab spring and disposal of Mr. K? Do you see a trend yet, or do you need a primer?
Do you think the muslim brotherhood will be easier or harder to form alliances with?

Sometimes decisions are made by not making decisions... It's like you're describing abstract art.

Enjoy yourself... I'm not playing that game.

Wordslinger wrote:
Well thought out and written, Sea oat.
It's odd... I thght your post (#5) was a good post... and reading those two posts consecutively leaves seagoat's hollow.

2seaoat

easier or harder to form alliances with?

Again....utter ignorance.....an alliance....lol

14Israel fears being left alone to counter Iran  Empty Was it always a bluff? 9/3/2013, 4:38 pm

2seaoat

no bombs....boots on the ground......mere words, and the Syrians have spent a week relocating and hiding assets. Reminds me of the time, I had 2 6 and went all in......the other side folded. Cannot make that play all the time, and you can bet if we bombed he would use the chemical weapons on his people again........build a coalition, get a cease fire, and end the civil war.......we will see, but I am betting this was a stone faced bluff from the beginning......moral imperative wrapped in good old texas hold em let it fly........all the while Putin is going to come to Congress and convince them that Syria did not do it.......LOL.....Obama is making everybody the fool, and for those who think that this weakens America.....play some poker.....the best poker players know that the bluff is an essential part of championship poker......it works best when there is a lot at risk.......that weakling Obama.....that tough 5' 6" Putin....shirtless......riding a horse.....going to gallop over to our congress.....it does not get better.

I don't think Israel is afraid of having to confront Iran alone at all. I do think that it's tiresome sitting here in the US watching my tax money be spent  doing Israel's job for her.  Or even worse, with what Obama has been doing, watching someone think they are doing Israel's job for her but  in actually putting the very people into power that Israel really should be afraid of. I saw something on TV about the federal government's not being able to fund the firefighters in Yosemite.  So where exactly are they going to get the money to overturn the Syrian Government? I want those fires stopped. They are a threat to the US of A, not Syria.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum