Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Immortality for Humans by 2045, Discovery News

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://news.discovery.com/tech/human-immortality-2045-120727.html#mkcpgn=rssnws1

A Russian mogul wants to achieve cybernetic immortality for humans within the next 33 years. He's pulled together a team intent on creating fully functional holographic human avatars that house our artificial brains. Now he's asking billionaires to help fund the advancements needed along the way.

Never going to happen.

I don't think it'll happen either. I don't think I would like to live outside my body anyway. If they ever do it, though, I can't believe that they'll have sensory input perfected at first.

My favorite author Ann McCaffrey has several books about "brainships", which are spaceships that are controlled by brains encapsulated in their core. The premise was that they take babies born with normal brains, but with deformed bodies and give their brains access to all kinds of sensors and the propulsion system of a ship. They are matched to "brawns" who are able bodied people that carry out functions that the brainship cannot perform. Pretty good series.

I could go on all day about this subject.

There is a large group of people somewhere with a lot of money that are very interested in this type of thing.

The emergence and interest in synthetic biology is all over the place if you look. Take this nano technology site. very interesting and related to the subject as far as my thoughts on how they could actually do something like this.

http://www.nanowerk.com/news2/newsid=26078.php

If they can geo engineer DNA with nano technology, whats to say they cant create nano nerve sensory systems? < maybe they have, I havnt looked>

I'm sure they will say they are doing this type of stuff in the name of helping a few hundred people with disease. But I think there is a more sinister selfish reason to the crazy ideas of all this very scary stuff.

Yella

Yella

Chrissy8 wrote:I could go on all day about this subject.

There is a large group of people somewhere with a lot of money that are very interested in this type of thing.

The emergence and interest in synthetic biology is all over the place if you look. Take this nano technology site. very interesting and related to the subject as far as my thoughts on how they could actually do something like this.

If they can geo engineer DNA with nano technology, whats to say they cant create nano nerve sensory systems? < maybe they have, I havnt looked>

I'm sure they will say they are doing this type of stuff in the name of helping a few hundred people with disease. But I think there is a more sinister selfish reason to the crazy ideas of all this very scary stuff.

I look for brain transplantation to be achieved in the future.Then for a price you can get your brain and all your stored knowledge transplanted into the body of an eighteen year old gymnast.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:

I look for brain transplantation to be achieved in the future.Then for a price you can get your brain and all your stored knowledge transplanted into the body of an eighteen year old gymnast.

when i took a brain out of someones skull before, the meneges seem to encapsulate the brain and the thought of being able to fuse the few actual connections and then use some sort of synthetic ion conducter fluid to transfer brain waves seems logical.

Yella

Yella

Chrissy8 wrote:
Yella wrote:

when i took a brain out of someones skull before, the meneges seem to encapsulate the brain and the thought of being able to fuse the few actual connections and then use some sort of synthetic ion conducter fluid to transfer brain waves seems logical.

It could happen sooner than later.Think about this.

In 1869 most humans that had to go somewhere went by horse drawn vehicles like they had been doing for 5000 years, yet one hundred years later a man was walking around on the moon. If yow had told someone in 1869 a man would walk on the moon they would have locked you up if your were insistent.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:
Yella wrote:

It could happen sooner than later.Think about this.

In 1869 most humans that had to go somewhere went by horse drawn vehicles like they had been doing for 5000 years, yet one hundred years later a man was walking around on the moon. If yow had told someone in 1869 a man would walk on the moon they would have locked you up if your were insistent.

Here is a example of brain waves working with machines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum