Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manning sentenced.....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1  Manning sentenced..... Empty Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 10:42 am

35 Years in prison....should have been a firing squad along with Snowden...

2  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 10:47 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

newswatcher wrote:35 Years in prison....should have been a firing squad along with Snowden...
Not long enough.

3  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 11:19 am

Snowden let Americans in on a lot of things our government has been doing that have shocked people around the world. He's a hero to many Americans, myself included.

Manning shouldn't have reported the stuff he did while he was still an active duty soldier. He broke his professional vows when he did what he did, so the military has every right to try him and convict him.
The bastards who outed Valerie Plame never got any punishment for what  they did, and I remember a lot of Republicans saying  they did nothing wrong. No one knows what repercussions there were to that dirty deed, and no one knows what repercussions there may have been to Mannings deeds. It's just that Republicans don't much care so long as it's something done by their side.
What hypocrisy.

4  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 12:33 pm

Sal

Sal

About what I expected.

He'll be out in less than 10.

5  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 12:36 pm

Should have been given death penalty

6  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 1:06 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The whole fricken treasonous government is ignoring the constitution starting imperialist wars of aggression bailing out banksters and illegally spying on everyone in the world BUT this one little guy is the bad guy...fools.

7  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 1:26 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.omjp.org/ArtLarryDisobey.html

A Duty to Disobey All Unlawful Orders
By Lawrence Mosqueda, Ph.D.
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
mosqueda@evergreen.edu
February 26, 2003

DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL LAW

As the United States government under George Bush gets closer to attacking the people of Iraq, there are several things that the men and women of the U.S. armed forces need to know and bear in mind as they are given orders from the Bush administration. This information is provided for the use of the members of the armed forces, their families, friends and supporters, and all who are concerned about the current direction of U.S. policy toward Iraq.

The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

8  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 1:27 pm

Jake92

[quote="bluemoon"]
I remember a lot of Republicans saying  they did nothing wrong.
It's BOTH parties, NOT just Republicans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 6:31 pm

Floridatexan wrote:http://www.omjp.org/ArtLarryDisobey.html

A Duty to Disobey All Unlawful Orders
By Lawrence Mosqueda, Ph.D.
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
mosqueda@evergreen.edu
February 26, 2003

DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL LAW

As the United States government under George Bush gets closer to attacking the people of Iraq, there are several things that the men and women of the U.S. armed forces need to know and bear in mind as they are given orders from the Bush administration. This information is provided for the use of the members of the armed forces, their families, friends and supporters, and all who are concerned about the current direction of U.S. policy toward Iraq.

The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.
21 + years, not one unlawful order. NEXT!

10  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/21/2013, 9:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

No just unlawful wars...kind of makes the orders irrelevant.

11  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/29/2013, 1:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I hope the little twerp is enjoying prison life.

12  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/29/2013, 2:46 pm

In sure he will ... He's gonna be willing to get bent over dailt

13  Manning sentenced..... Empty Re: Manning sentenced..... 8/29/2013, 2:46 pm

Daily

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum