Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoats New Computer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seaoats New Computer Empty Seaoats New Computer 8/7/2013, 11:33 pm

Seaoats New Computer Cool_computer_setup_6

2Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 3:26 am

2seaoat

I have been pissed all day.....I have a xerox scanner a documate 510 which can take 50 pages and scan it incredibly fast. I need the same for some forms we use in our business, and I am having a pain with the drivers going from xp to Windows 7. I have Windows 8 on a laptop, and I am not a real fan, so I thought I would avoid issues.........now I have two monitiors and two computers on my desk until I get a driver that works......I hate upgrading......copying files, installing software.....Adobe is a real pleasure when upgrading.....they claim you never bought the program from them.....we finally found receipts and order numbers from 2008 which my wife used an old email......they cannot put folks names in their database.....it has to be emails.....I have four emails, and I change one each year.....who the hell knows which email you used.....total scam.

3Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 8:08 am

2seaoat wrote:I have been pissed all day.....I have a xerox scanner a documate 510 which can take 50 pages and scan it incredibly fast.  I need the same for some forms we use in our business, and I am having a pain with the drivers going from xp to Windows 7.  I have Windows 8 on a laptop, and I am not a real fan, so I thought I would avoid issues.........now I have two monitiors and two computers on my desk until I get a driver that works......I hate upgrading......copying files, installing software.....Adobe is a real pleasure when upgrading.....they claim you never bought the program from them.....we finally found receipts and order numbers from 2008 which my wife used an old email......they cannot put folks names in their database.....it has to be emails.....I have four emails, and I change one each year.....who the hell knows which email you used.....total scam.

I never have these kinds of problems, when I do I just buy another computer. lifes to short to be pissed at a cheap piece of equipment. go get another mr cheap scape. you can afford it.

4Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 8:34 am

My friend had a big issue trying to reinstall a older copy Acrobat Professional.  Part of the CS2 group.  She had a Legit copy but it would not take the Serial number(not enough digits)  Found out that they do not support the older issue, but you can download it for free at their web site.  I dont have the actual download link but I can try and get it from her if any of you are interested or cant find the link

5Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 8:54 am

2seaoat

I have to use Adobe professional for some of the form work we do. We Purchased Adobe professional 7 for about 5bills. We upgraded in 2010 to Adobe 9, and bought directly from Adobe. I called them and asked what would be the quickest way to get Pro back on the machine......they said upgrade to 11. I paid 2 bills for the upgrade, and it installed with no problem. I go to use it the first time, and I get an error message that they want the registration number from my Adobe 9. Did not have it. Called Adobe, and they had no record of us ever buying Pro at any level. I went an hour giving them every email my wife and I had, and they could only lookup by email.....NOT NAMES.........

My wife finally found the original Adobe 7 box and receipt, and we found out she had used an email address for compuserve which no longer exists. We gave them the information.....and lo and behold we existed in their computer. Total Scam.

6Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 9:47 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I switched to a mac last year.  First time in my life owning a mac (or a laptop).  No longer do I ever worry about anything.  Drivers?  Ha.  Cords to connect my devices (printer, camera, phone, etc..) to my computer?  Ha.

I have spent absolutely zero time making this thing work.  Every PC I have had in the past, on the other hand...

Plus, this thing is amazingly light.

I'll be using this computer for years to come, and years from today it will still look like a cutting edge computer and will do everything I need it to do.

Seaoats New Computer Apple-macbook-air

7Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 10:01 am

My daughter is a software developer/trouble shooter  for a very progressive tech company in Austin Texas.  They all use Macs  with the Retina display.  They think enough of them that they issue them to all their employees. Fantastic Machines.

8Seaoats New Computer Empty Re: Seaoats New Computer 8/8/2013, 10:46 am

Sal

Sal

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum