Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnny Football Is in Hot Water

+2
Ghost Rider
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

BOF, in one poll OSU's SOS os 67th and Boise State is 91st.  In another OSU is 35th while Boise State is 87th. Seems like OSU has a tougher schedule than BSU.

Ghost_Rider Revised wrote:BOF, in one poll OSU's SOS os 67th and Boise State is 91st.  In another OSU is 35th while Boise State is 87th. Seems like OSU has a tougher schedule than BSU.

'boards' expertise on sports is about as laughable as his ability to moderate this forum....

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider Revised wrote:BOF, in one poll OSU's SOS os 67th and Boise State is 91st.  In another OSU is 35th while Boise State is 87th. Seems like OSU has a tougher schedule than BSU.

I don't place much stock in SOS ratings. I also think it's ridiculous to use the ranking of your opponent at the time you played them rather than their current ranking. Example, if some team sucks, but for whatever reason they end up with a fairly high pre-season ranking and then end up dropping 4 games throughout the season, whatever team defeats them early on should not get credit for defeating a high ranking team. Many of these pre-season SOS rankings take into account win loss which is completely skewed when a team like Ohio State plays absolutely no one.

I can already tell you what will happen this season. No SOS needed. Ohio State will go undefeated in their cush schedule and then either one of three things will happen:

1) Alabama will completely embarrass them.

2) Texas A&M will completely embarrass them.

3) Due to there being no undefeated SEC team, Oregon will end up embarrassing them.

I suppose I could add one more.

4) People will wise up to their schedule and they will be on the outside looking in.

If Johnny Football plays like he did last year, I'd put my money on #2.

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote:

'boards' expertise on sports is about as laughable as his ability to moderate this forum....

Feel free to show me where I have ever completely whiffed on sports on this forum.  I think the only thing I ever got wrong was the most recent NCAA tourney, and that was simply because I don't watch college hoops.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

boards of FL wrote:

If the allegations against Manziel are found to be valid and the NCAA holds true to past discretions such as this, he could be suspended for the first 4 to 5 games of the season. Without Manziel, A&M is just another has been. The strongest team this year in the SEC, in my opinion is the Georgia Bulldogs.

BOF, speaking of your duties as admin, could you please go to the admin panel and set the number of characters required in the title of a post to less than what is required now. The way it is currently set, we cannot even start a post with a one or two word title.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider Revised wrote:BOF, speaking of your duties as admin, could you please go to the admin panel and set the number of characters required in the title of a post to less than what is required now. The way it is currently set, we cannot even start a post with a one or two word title.

Fixed.

2seaoat

Is there a method of getting your current password by email. I just installed a new computer in the office, and I did not write down the old password. I have the site up on other computers with the old password and it is very difficult to get everything in sync. It would be easier just to get a password, and not have to reset the same......wrong thread but......

boards of FL wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:And that coaches poll ranking is laughable.  It should be....

1.  Alabama
2.  Texas A&M
3.  Oregon
4.  Georgia
5.  Stanford
6.  South Carolina
7.  Louisville
8.  LSU
0.  Florida
10. Clemson

Ohio State is not in the top 10.  The three coaches that gave them #1 votes have lost their minds.
     And this is a display of your intelligence?....If it's your argument that the SEC is the best conference....that's a no brainer!...But to be so ignorant about excluding Ohio State shows your lacking of football intelligence...
They squeaked by Michigan State by 1, Purdue in overtime, Wisconsin in overtime, and was seriously challenged by Michigan, who didn't deserve to be on the field with Alabama.  Combine this with the fact that they never had any impressive wins over quality teams and, well...

THEY WON.....

boards of FL wrote:
I don't place much stock in SOS ratings.  I also think it's ridiculous to use the ranking of your opponent at the time you played them rather than their current ranking.  Example, if some team sucks, but for whatever reason they end up with a fairly high pre-season ranking and then end up dropping 4 games throughout the season, whatever team defeats them early on should not get credit for defeating a high ranking team.  Many of these pre-season SOS rankings take into account win loss which is completely skewed when a team like Ohio State plays absolutely no one.

I can already tell you what will happen this season.  No SOS needed.  Ohio State will go undefeated in their cush schedule and then either one of three things will happen:

1)  Alabama will completely embarrass them.

2)  Texas A&M will completely embarrass them.

3)  Due to there being no undefeated SEC team, Oregon will end up embarrassing them.

4)  People will wise up to their schedule and they will be on the outside looking in.

lol...don't put much stock in sos ratings...then use what you don't take stock in to argue against team(s) based on their sos...????...OK...guess the college season is over before it even starts no need to play the games according to your expertise...

boards of FL

boards of FL

newswatcher wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
I don't place much stock in SOS ratings.  I also think it's ridiculous to use the ranking of your opponent at the time you played them rather than their current ranking.  Example, if some team sucks, but for whatever reason they end up with a fairly high pre-season ranking and then end up dropping 4 games throughout the season, whatever team defeats them early on should not get credit for defeating a high ranking team.  Many of these pre-season SOS rankings take into account win loss which is completely skewed when a team like Ohio State plays absolutely no one.

I can already tell you what will happen this season.  No SOS needed.  Ohio State will go undefeated in their cush schedule and then either one of three things will happen:

1)  Alabama will completely embarrass them.

2)  Texas A&M will completely embarrass them.

3)  Due to there being no undefeated SEC team, Oregon will end up embarrassing them.

4)  People will wise up to their schedule and they will be on the outside looking in.

lol...don't put much stock in sos ratings...then use what you don't take stock in to argue against team(s) based on their sos...????...OK...guess the college season is over before it even starts no need to play the games according to your expertise...
I made my prediction. Care to make yours, or are you only here to critique from the sidelines?

Who is Johnny Football anyway?

Now I hear he's in big trouble. Sad for him.
Whoever he is.

knothead

knothead

bluemoon wrote:Who is Johnny Football anyway?

Whoever he is.

To save a long winded explanation just do a google search but in short, he is the QB for Texas A&M and had an AMAZING year last year but has recently had some gaffes that sports writers dream of. He is the most exciting QB I have seen in recent memory.

knothead wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Who is Johnny Football anyway?

Whoever he is.

To save a long winded explanation just do a google search but in short, he is the QB for Texas A&M and had an AMAZING year last year but has recently had some gaffes that sports writers dream of.  He is the most exciting QB I have seen in recent memory.
Maybe most concerning is that his family feels he is spinning out of control and they fear for his well being...

2seaoat

Feel free to show me where I have ever completely whiffed on sports on this forum.

Tim Tebow.........
Miami Heat......the team for the ages........
This year......not realizing Georgia is the best team in the SEC

I whiff all the time......but the best home run hitters do the same.

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Feel free to show me where I have ever completely whiffed on sports on this forum.

Tim Tebow.........
Miami Heat......the team for the ages........
This year......not realizing Georgia is the best team in the SEC

I whiff all the time......but the best home run hitters do the same.
What? I never said Tim Tebow is the next Tom Brady. I just said he is better than the credit he gets. I called the Heat to win another championship and they did, and I stand by my team for the ages comment. Perhaps when they win their third in a row, you'll finally come around. If not by the third, definitely by the fourth.

2seaoat

I must be getting senile......I thought you were rather proud of Tim's stint with the Broncos, and I was taking all this heat because they were winning against the worst teams in the NFL.........and silly me said he could not play in the NFL...........

The Miami Heat are a very good basketball team. I think this year got them into the top 20 of all time. They will not win next year.

Georgia is the best team in the SEC this season.....they get no credit, but they have it all, and that will become apparent. Ohio State can win it all, and not by fluke, but by talent. I think Georgia is the team to beat.

Heck....if predictions were easy.....everybody could do it.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I will laugh so hard if Georgia loses right out of the gate against Clemson. Oh man I hope that happens.

Sal

Sal

Mark Richt will find some way to fuck it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum